College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was tweeted about the Illinois rebrand:

"@ALionEye Heard more whispers about the Nike rebrand. The rumors of an alternate white helmet are apparently true. It's real, and it's spectacular."

I think a white helmet with a stripe of that pattern on the basketball uniforms a few years ago would be pretty sweet.

They've been showing recruits that for a year or so now. Unfortunately, I doubt that it's what we'll be seeing.

Illinois.png

I hope your right as that grey facemask ruins an otherwise beautiful helmet!

I guess in in the minority on the grey face mask lol. I just think it would look sharp with a white jersey and pants.

I do agree however that a matching face mask would look great with the blue or orange jersey.

I'm with you on the gray mask. If the uniform is simple and clean without too much modern clutter, the gray mask would look great.

It wouldn't look great at all. I get that you love grey facemasks, cause you grew up with them, but you just need to deal with the fact that facemasks nowadays aren't going to be grey. A navy facemask would make those helmets much better.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

"@ALionEye Heard more whispers about the Nike rebrand. The rumors of an alternate white helmet are apparently true. It's real, and it's spectacular."

I think a white helmet with a stripe of that pattern on the basketball uniforms a few years ago would be pretty sweet.

They've been showing recruits that for a year or so now. Unfortunately, I doubt that it's what we'll be seeing.

Illinois.png

I guess in in the minority on the grey face mask lol. I just think it would look sharp with a white jersey and pants.

I do agree however that a matching face mask would look great with the blue or orange jersey.

I'm with you on the gray mask. If the uniform is simple and clean without too much modern clutter, the gray mask would look great.

It wouldn't look great at all. I get that you love grey facemasks, cause you grew up with them, but you just need to deal with the fact that facemasks nowadays aren't going to be grey. A navy facemask would make those helmets much better.
Ok mr. new school :P, just cause you grew up with no gray facemasks don't mean that don't work and never will, IMO gray facemasks only work with a dark helmet, not on a white or silver one. So I agree with you in this case, but take the browns for example, that works. Call me on the fence!

FTR, I don't love grey face masks because I grew up with them. I'm actually usually not a fan of them at all. For some reason though, I just think they look sharp with that helmet.

For reasons I can't quite quantify, I agree--in this guise, the gray mask just works. Maybe it's because it's darker and thus doesn't draw your eye straight to it, but instead your eye naturally goes straight to the helmet stripe and logos.

And actually, now that I think about it...If Nike holds true to their recent modus operandi and somehow shoehorns silver/chrome/some shade of gray into Illinois' athletic color scheme (only for the academic side to then add it later, if they haven't done so already), then they'll have all the justification they need for that gray mask.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Those Akron helmets are horrible! What is the logo on the helmet that is on the left? The logo on the helmet on the right should be solid blue and it would be better, but still horrible.

spacer.png

Illinois.png

That's funny, because I still see lots of teams that still have gray masks and won't be changing them any time soon. I guess one of us needs to "deal with facts" but i'm not sure its me.

they look pretty good, for a mid major program. in the past these programs wouldn't get much attention.

And they still won't

Yeah when everybody who wants a brass-chrome helmet these days already has one you really aren't going to stand out in the crowd...

Leaks of Akron's new uniforms.

Jumping on the metallic/chrome gold helmet trend. Jerseys and pants aren't too bad.

1496659_10203344287918285_1618460502_n.j

vin.jpg

Looks like all adidas did is hand in their left over Notre Dame stuff to Akron because they didn't want it to rot away.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Jumping on the metallic/chrome gold helmet trend. Jerseys and pants aren't too bad.

vin.jpg

Looks like all adidas did is hand in their left over Notre Dame stuff to Akron because they didn't want it to rot away.

I agree. Akron is better off going back to the Rams ripoff or all the way back to their flying A jerseys with the new logos. This is an improvement on their old uniforms though. Hopefully that font on the print is their number font and not the one WMU used last season

vin.jpg

I agree. Akron is better off going back to the Rams ripoff or all the way back to their flying A jerseys with the new logos. This is an improvement on their old uniforms though. Hopefully that font on the print is their number font and not the one WMU used last season.

i knew i saw that font last year, yes it looked bad on WMU and it will look just as bad on the zips, it's practically a rip of WMU, but worse.

Archived