College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Leaks of Akron's new uniforms.

Jumping on the metallic/chrome gold helmet trend. Jerseys and pants aren't too bad.

1496659_10203344287918285_1618460502_n.j

vin.jpg

I think these uniforms (the pants in particular) could use some stripes, but the more I look at these, the more I dig 'em. Nice work, Akron!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally a decal whose placement may not upset some in here:

BjrFDg5CAAA3OLq.jpg

Horrible helmets. Out of control. Eventually someone is going to break a finger off getting it stuck in one of the many holes on the helmet and then there will be a huge push to go to a revolutionary smooth helmet with no ridges or gaps.

Unitas_Team_Action.jpg

like it was for 50 straight years

Finally a decal whose placement may not upset some in here:

BjrFDg5CAAA3OLq.jpg

Horrible helmets. Out of control. Eventually someone is going to break a finger off getting it stuck in one of the many holes on the helmet and then there will be a huge push to go to a revolutionary smooth helmet with no ridges or gaps.

Unitas_Team_Action.jpg

like it was for 50 straight years

Yeah, the tapered ear holes in these newer helmets worry me. It seems like a finger could get wedged in there should it poke into the ear hole as the player is moving. The result could be a bit nasty.

Hold onto your seats, Seminoles:

Among those yet-to-be-seen changes, per Elliott:

• Incoporation of the Seminole Tribe imagery on the shoulder pads
  • The spears on the helmets “now cross in the back of the helmet and are more Nike-ized”
  • A new matte garnet helmet with “color-change paint” and a gold face mask (one that Elliott believes is an alternate lid)
  • A standard gold helmet featuring a gold face mask (Elliott says there is speculation that this will be the new official helmet)

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/florida-state-football-getting-new-uniforms-helmets

Hold onto your seats, Seminoles:

Among those yet-to-be-seen changes, per Elliott:

• Incoporation of the Seminole Tribe imagery on the shoulder pads
  • The spears on the helmets “now cross in the back of the helmet and are more Nike-ized”
  • A new matte garnet helmet with “color-change paint” and a gold face mask (one that Elliott believes is an alternate lid)
  • A standard gold helmet featuring a gold face mask (Elliott says there is speculation that this will be the new official helmet)

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/florida-state-football-getting-new-uniforms-helmets

I hope the last bullet point is incorrect as their current helmet is beautiful! The red facemask just pops with the gold helmet.

spacer.png

That makes me nervous about what Nike is going to do with us. I would have never imagined that they would touch the spear.

Nike designed a more modern spear 10 or 12 years ago. They never put it on the helmets, but it's on a bunch of merchandise.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Newest teaser video for Arkansas I'm assuming the border during the video is an outline of the new front facing logo that we are expecting to see. I could be wrong.

So much hype for a logo that won't be used that much.

Archived