College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

The collars on the FSU jersey are different. Same essential design, but on this template, the logo is not in the trim.

They've been like that since the new jerseys with the Garnet numbers came in. The only change for the playoff unis was the swoosh.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tennessee will unveil a new power T along with their new nike uniforms in 2015.... ugh great...

New power T? I know the university changed their logo to the current power T recently. I don't get the need for a new one.

No kidding but our AD announced he will unveil a new one

where? link?

This is on the footballfanatics home page so maybe this will be the matchup we see uniform wise

10setdi.jpg

How is that going to be the matchup uniforms when Oregon is the higher ranked team and should be the "home" team? I expect to see Oregon in all green vs the away uniform for Ohio State.

spacer.png

This is on the footballfanatics home page so maybe this will be the matchup we see uniform wise

10setdi.jpg

How is that going to be the matchup uniforms when Oregon is the higher ranked team and should be the "home" team? I expect to see Oregon in all green vs the away uniform for Ohio State.
most likely because all 4 teams were given home & away uniforms by Nike and Nike would like to see them used... Oregon already used the green homes and Ohio State already used the white always.

On another topic, this is a few days late but I actually liked Maryland's uniforms in their bowl game. I think it was the first time they used the hand painted Maryland Pride helmets with a white jersey. Looked really sharp IMO

10setdi.jpg

most likely because all 4 teams were given home & away uniforms by Nike and Nike would like to see them used... Oregon already used the green homes and Ohio State already used the white always.

On another topic, this is a few days late but I actually liked Maryland's uniforms in their bowl game. I think it was the first time they used the hand painted Maryland Pride helmets with a white jersey. Looked really sharp IMO

Nike had to create an away uniform because if Alabama won then Oregon would had to have worn them. I am not trying to argue here, but it makes sense why they had a home & away uniform.

spacer.png

Nike had to create an away uniform because if Alabama won then Oregon would had to have worn them. I am not trying to argue here, but it makes sense why they had a home & away uniform.

But then they would not have had to create a home uniform for Ohio State.

I really, really hope we get the two uniforms we already saw. Why? Because Oregon should be the home team and I'd like to see the home team wear dark as opposed to Nike highlighting more jerseys.

My guess...we're getting Oregon in White and OSU in red.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Ohio State looked so good with that simple stripe change. They looked like the Buckeye teams of my youth (minus the TV numbers that could be seen from space).

Never change again, OSU (Nike). Never change.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ohio State looked so good with that simple stripe change. They looked like the Buckeye teams of my youth (minus the TV numbers that could be seen from space).

Never change again, OSU (Nike). Never change.

This was a well needed change that should never be touched again. Those stripes are perfect.

spacer.png

10setdi.jpg

If Oregon is the home team, the have the choice to wear whatever they want. If LSU was in there, you can bet they'd wear white.

IIRC, the Ducks have worn white at home at least once, right?

Ohio State showing the NFL division of Nike how to really do the Steelers stripe

To be fair to Nike, I think the reason the Steelers stripes look so much worse than Ohio State and Iowa isn't because Nike can't get it right for them, but because players in the NFL have more freedom to have their jerseys custom-tailored, and tend to go for the tightest fit possible, which FUBARs thicker stripes.

Oregon wears Black and Chrome, people call for more school colors

Oregon wears all school colors, people call for black

Semantics.

Speaking for myself, I called for more school colors and now I am NOT calling for black. I thought the uniforms looked great. I don't love the font, but it's really the first time (not counting throwbacks) in a long time that my quibbles with Oregon are very minor.

They nailed it...and based on the graphic above, it looks like they are going to step back from it (at least with more chrome focus) on Jan 5. Hopefully the number colors are green/yellow.

If, as suggested above, Oregon gets to choose it's a no-brainer. They'll make the choice that highlights two new Nike Jerseys.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

10setdi.jpg

I think it is a shame that for what could be the greatest moment in Oregon football history, the team will not be wearing school colors.

Archived