College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

I'm late to the bowl topics, but Ga Tech looked like a new team, in the navy.

They should always wear navy for home games because they look so good in it. However, I wish Russell would put them in better uniforms and loose all the dang piping. They need to go back to these:

tumblr_lt2ta71dSg1qhixboo1_400.jpg

spacer.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tennessee will unveil a new power T along with their new nike uniforms in 2015.... ugh great...

New power T? I know the university changed their logo to the current power T recently. I don't get the need for a new one.

No kidding but our AD announced he will unveil a new one

where? link?

VERY minor change, 99% of people won't notice. In fact, it's already in use in a lot of things.

This is on the footballfanatics home page so maybe this will be the matchup we see uniform wise

10setdi.jpg

I think it is a shame that for what could be the greatest moment in Oregon football history, the team will not be wearing school colors.

This isn't official. Fanatics tweeted last night they actually don't know what the teams will wear. Usually the higher seed is in team colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oregon wears Black and Chrome, people call for more school colors

Oregon wears all school colors, people call for black

Semantics.

Speaking for myself, I called for more school colors and now I am NOT calling for black. I thought the uniforms looked great. I don't love the font, but it's really the first time (not counting throwbacks) in a long time that my quibbles with Oregon are very minor.

They nailed it...and based on the graphic above, it looks like they are going to step back from it (at least with more chrome focus) on Jan 5. Hopefully the number colors are green/yellow.

If, as suggested above, Oregon gets to choose it's a no-brainer. They'll make the choice that highlights two new Nike Jerseys.

What's happening on Jan 5?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Semantics.

Speaking for myself, I called for more school colors and now I am NOT calling for black. I thought the uniforms looked great. I don't love the font, but it's really the first time (not counting throwbacks) in a long time that my quibbles with Oregon are very minor.

They nailed it...and based on the graphic above, it looks like they are going to step back from it (at least with more chrome focus) on Jan 5. Hopefully the number colors are green/yellow.

If, as suggested above, Oregon gets to choose it's a no-brainer. They'll make the choice that highlights two new Nike Jerseys.

He got confused. The National Championship game is on Jan. 12, not Jan. 5. A week from Monday, not Monday.

Semantics.

He got confused. The National Championship game is on Jan. 12, not Jan. 5. A week from Monday, not Monday.

Correct.

D'oh!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Is a color on color game out of the question for the NCG?

Great question. I'd love to see it.

Although, since Oregon is the higher seed, and since Oregon won in green and Ohio State in white, I'd guess they'd keep all the same for the final given the superstitious nature of sports.

Although, since Oregon is the higher seed, and since Oregon won in green and Ohio State in white, I'd guess they'd keep all the same for the final given the superstitious nature of sports.

Beat me to it.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

If the OSU and Oregon are to wear the same color uniforms for the Jan 12 game, will the patches from the previous Bowls win to be replaced with a new AT&T patches to be played in Dallas or to have all the uniforms replaced with a newer one? I'm just curious.

These are the national championship game patches:

7-46416a_college_football_national_champ

2015_college_football_national_champions

That's a nice patch and all, but they'll just have to redesign it in about 95 years anyway. I'd rather have something with staying power.

Ohio State showing the NFL division of Nike how to really do the Steelers stripe

To be fair to Nike, I think the reason the Steelers stripes look so much worse than Ohio State and Iowa isn't because Nike can't get it right for them, but because players in the NFL have more freedom to have their jerseys custom-tailored, and tend to go for the tightest fit possible, which FUBARs thicker stripes.

The reason the Steelers have messed up stripes is due to the Nike logo having to be on the sleeves. It being there pushes the stripes further down the sleeve, causing them to be distorted.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

That's a nice patch and all, but they'll just have to redesign it in about 95 years anyway. I'd rather have something with staying power.

I think 95 years is considered staying power...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I think 95 years is considered staying power...

I was just thinking yesterday while watching the games at how great the logo is. So simple and perfectly meshes with everything from jerseys, to helmets, to end zones, etc. Less is more for sure.

Archived