College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Arkansas State-Toledo is a pretty good looking matchup. ASU actually looks like a team called the Red Wolves in R-R-W. Toledo in W-W-B, would look better with a Blue helmet and just the rocket as the logo but still pretty good

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arkansas State-Toledo is a pretty good looking matchup. ASU actually looks like a team called the Red Wolves in R-R-W. Toledo in W-W-B, would look better with a Blue helmet and just the rocket as the logo but still pretty good

Agreed. And the game itself was pretty good, too!

Re: Oregon... Not sure why people are predicting that they'll replicate what they wore in their LOSS in the championship game. While they'd surely like to wear the white playoff uni because Nike, as one poster pointed out they've worn apple green three games in a row and had three huge wins. I think they'll keep that going. And with the message to the fans to wear yellow, the most likely scenario seems to be the apple green jersey with yellow helmet and/or pants. Or maybe they'll surprise us and whip out a yellow jersey!

Meh. Not enough green for Oregon. Ohio State looks good though.

Edit: After taking a second look, is there any green at all?

Not an ounce of green to be found.

Not one bit..

im calling these the "Stealth Fighting Ducks"

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

The Ducks new white and gray Nike Pro Combat Hypercool baselayer features a fragmented diamond pattern with graphic angles representing the team’s 27 bowl appearances. The Oregon “O” is featured on the chest while the entire chest graphic is placed at a 27-degree tilt representing the team’s 27 bowl game appearances.

Some things Nike does are really awesome...but the paragraph above is pretty f'in stupid. Fragmented diamond pattern, graphic angles, and a 27-degree graphic tilt represents bowl appearances? Sometimes you have to say no and stop the stupidity.

The lack of school colors is pretty bad too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really don't want to be the odd man out, but....

The Oregon uniforms look fine to me

I agree, they do look fine for a game in August/ September. Looking like the Raiders in a championship game is uninspiring....to the 27th degree.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Well there we go.

HO14_NFB_ICONIC_OHIOSTATE_OREGON_16X9_na

I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to play football with giant wings and a cape on the back of the jerseys. I also would think the electricity would be an unfair advantage for Ohio State.

Agreed. Oregon is going to be severely slowed down by the drag caused by those massive wings and they'll be easier to bring down. Will really stunt their high-paced offense IMO. I don't get it at all. And Ohio State is just inviting defenders to use the cape to tackle ballcarriers.

Really don't understand this move by Nike TBH. I know uniforms are a huge part of the game, but to deliberately sacrifice performance for looks. SMH. Nike fails again LOL.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have an unpopular (I think) opinion. I hate the black TV numbers on Ohio State's uniform.

Not as much as I hate Oregon not wearing school colors, but OSU's TV numbers should be white (And I am aware there is historical precedent here). I admit though, that I never like TV numbers to differ from front/back numbers.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I love the Oregon is using the wing helmet. I think it vastly superior to the basic 'O'. The uniforms look absolutely fantastic... the only problem is their are no school colors. To NOT have school colors in the biggest game in school history is pompous... but we are talking about Oregon.

As for Ohio State... everything is great except the TV numbers. I like that they are referencing older uniforms, but TV numbers that do not match the chest/back numbers is a uniform travesty. It looks sloppy.

Archived