College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the black TV numbers, but if they must throwback to TV numbers and a number font specifically then I'd opt for the champion font with the massive TV numbers that Eddie George, Orlando Pace, Shawn Springs wore.

george.jpg

and Oregon really should be using school colors. They already made this mistake once and I can't believe they're doing it again. At least when they played Auburn in the NCG that "volt" color could pass as yellow. There's none of that this time.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The only reason is because these were already released and Nike was expecting Alabama to beat Ohio State. If that happened we'd still be cranky about the grey/white combo, but probably not as much as some people are because they are going whiteout instead of using school colors.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Gentlemen, we have to understand that Oregon's school colors are....well...wearing whatever they want. Seriously, we know yellow and green are their true colors, but it's THEIR thing to do what they're doing. I saw a video once about all of their uniforms and the quote was, "Our tradition is defying tradition" or something close to that

All that effort and someone sewed the collar "O" on crooked.

fgyaod8tynzb2jqragko.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Had a feeling this would happen when they released home and away versions for both teams and then Oregon became non-committal about which uniforms they'd wear. On the biggest stage for CFB, Oregon again forgets that green is one of their school colors. I'm disappointed and really the only way these uniforms redeem themselves is if Oregon wins the national title in them.

The only reason is because these were already released and Nike was expecting Alabama to beat Ohio State. If that happened we'd still be cranky about the grey/white combo, but probably not as much as some people are because they are going whiteout instead of using school colors.

Yeah, this would not be working so well if we had a couple of Adidas schools in the mix. Four Nike schools gave them the ability to do what they are doing, especially since one "home" team advanced while another "road" team advanced. It gave them the ability to flip-flop and highlight six uniforms in three games.

It's not what this should be about but it's a reality that we live in. This could not have gone better for Nike.

I do wish Oregon would wear school colors. Because they do have school colors.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Gentlemen, we have to understand that Oregon's school colors are....well...wearing whatever they want. Seriously, we know yellow and green are their true colors, but it's THEIR thing to do what they're doing. I saw a video once about all of their uniforms and the quote was, "Our tradition is defying tradition" or something close to that

You're buying the propaganda.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't hate the uniform, but was something similar to this so hard to do?

These with kelly green pants would've been perfect.

I admit that this is pretty sharp but I'd still like to see the gray outlines be yellow.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Love both looks. That being said I can't believe Oregon is going to wear such a similar design to the one they lost the last championship game in. Wow. Must not have an ounce of superstition in them. Kudos I guess.

oregon-ducks-white-nike-mach-speed-unifo

You mean like what they wore against South Dakota to open the season? You just know Nike wouldn't let Oregon get away with wearing a combo twice in one season and then not wearing a new uniform they designed for a likely matchup with the #1 seed. Nike should really have just let them wear the Rose Bowl uniforms (or at least some parts of them) for the NCG and called it good. Can't say how much I (like the majority of Oregon fans) hate when they wear gray pants. Most times it looks like they're wearing sweatpants since it just doesn't go with green and yellow.

14.08.30.tw_.emg_.fbc_.sb_.0272-980x653.

oregon-ducks-white-nike-mach-speed-unifo

You mean like what they wore against South Dakota to open the season? You just know Nike wouldn't let Oregon get away with wearing a combo twice in one season and then not wearing a new uniform they designed for a likely matchup with the #1 seed. Nike should really have just let them wear the Rose Bowl uniforms (or at least some parts of them) for the NCG and called it good. Can't say how much I (like the majority of Oregon fans) hate when they wear gray pants. Most times it looks like they're wearing sweatpants since it just doesn't go with green and yellow.

14.08.30.tw_.emg_.fbc_.sb_.0272-980x653.

That with the satin Rose Bowl helmet would be perfect.

Archived