College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

scyqfo.jpg

1e8d1v.jpg

I am a fan of the black shoulder numbers. It makes them contrast less and puts the focus on those nice sleeve stripes. Now, if the chest numbers were black, that would be an issue for me. I am also indifferent with the Oregon set. Disappointed to not see green and yellow but it's not ugly, which isn't always the case with the Ducks.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scyqfo.jpg

1e8d1v.jpg

I am a fan of the black shoulder numbers. It makes them contrast less and puts the focus on those nice sleeve stripes. Now, if the chest numbers were black, that would be an issue for me. I am also indifferent with the Oregon set. Disappointed to not see green and yellow but it's not ugly, which isn't always the case with the Ducks.

Reminds me of the mid 90's when sales of raiders gear exploded and the black merch mania began.

Seriously if oregon and nike think that having black and silver are such an essential part of their athletic colors and brand identity they should adopt black and silver as their primary colors and be done with it. Green and yellow can be relegated to throwback colors.

So, is anyone else just a tad bit disapointed that these uniforms:

Ohio-State-National-Championship-Uniform

don't have these numbers:

osufullfrontal.jpg

Since the intent is to recall the 1968 uniform, not really. I'm just hoping these sleeves come back full time next year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I've kinda-sorta been following Illinois State this year and I'm watching the FCS championship game right now. I have to say the contrast between the ISU and North Dakota St. look great, but man, does ISU need a black outline on those numbers. I appreciate the simplicity but a number outline, and some white pants for that matter, would make that set miles better.

scyqfo.jpg

1e8d1v.jpg

I'm kind of indifferent with this Oregon set but I think even just outlining the numbers in green or yellow and maybe wearing green or yellow socks would make this set look a lot better. Oregon has the luxury of colors that really pop against white and/or black and it's a shame they aren't utilizing them at all.

I hope Ohio State keeps these playoff uniforms full time and don't change a thing. I love the sleeves. The away uni's they wore vs Bama were as close to perfection as you can get. I even like the black numbers on the shoulders of the home jersey.

And this is all coming from someone who can't stand OSU. Gotta tip the hat to those uniforms though.

90758391980.gif

What's up with the blue sidelines? Hopefully they get a little

More creative with natural grass fields

The Cowboys do play here don't forget that (in reference to the blue sidelines)

I'm pretty sure that they have a completely different field they put down for all college and high school games. Kinda went with the cotton bowl because of the cotton bowl colors but doesn't quite work here because nothing has blue esp that shade in it.

Is it just a reflection or are the wings of Oregon supposed to change to gold? That would be pretty sweet

What's up with the blue sidelines? Hopefully they get a little

More creative with natural grass fields

The Cowboys do play here don't forget that (in reference to the blue sidelines)

I'm pretty sure that they have a completely different field they put down for all college and high school games. Kinda went with the cotton bowl because of the cotton bowl colors but doesn't quite work here because nothing has blue esp that shade in it.

Is it just a reflection or are the wings of Oregon supposed to change to gold? That would be pretty sweet

Looks more like a reflection, likely from a light source being used by one of the camera crews.

I don't know why people don't understand that black and silver are just as much our school colors as green and yellow.

https://digital.uoregon.edu/color

"There are no restrictions on additional colors to use, as long as they are complementary and subordinate to green and yellow."

Except Nike certainly doesn't make them subordinate.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I hope Ohio State keeps these playoff uniforms full time and don't change a thing. I love the sleeves. The away uni's they wore vs Bama were as close to perfection as you can get. I even like the black numbers on the shoulders of the home jersey.

And this is all coming from someone who can't stand OSU. Gotta tip the hat to those uniforms though.

I'm hoping these stay as the primary uniforms (actually, make that the ONLY uniforms as far as I'm concerned) but I really would've liked to have seen the black TV numbers on the white jersey, too. That was how it was back when.

I don't know why people don't understand that black and silver are just as much our school colors as green and yellow.

I don't think people would be complaining (well, at least not as many) if they were wearing black and silver in addition to green and yellow, instead of in place of them.

Archived