College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm an idiot, so be kind, please.

But why would Oregon wear gray for this game when OSU has gray helmets and pants? Or silver, whatever.

Oregon has 356 uni combos to choose from, and they come up with this one? Interesting. I just don't get it. I was hoping to see yellow/black actually. Would match the endzone, LOL.

I typically see a good bit of uniform talk on twitter. Being the "Auburn uniform guy," people come to me for opinions and such. But I've seen so much "where's Oregon's colors?!" and "Oregon looks awful" and (my fave) "Oregon's camo tights are bad ass".

It's crazy the amount of it all. But that's what the biggest stage does for you

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Can anyone else think of another time when each team was wearing different bowl/championship game patches? They're the same patch for both OSU and Oregon, but the colors are inverted.

Possibly prior to standardized patches. Michigan vs anyone would be a good candidate.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

By

But why would Oregon wear gray for this game when OSU has gray helmets and pants? Or silver, whatever.

Oregon has 356 uni combos to choose from, and they come up with this one? Interesting. I just don't get it. I was hoping to see yellow/black actually. Would match the endzone, LOL.

They also wore white helmets, white pants in the Rose Bowl against Ohio State. Nike must have expected Alabama to be here.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

One thing I've noticed is how great the field itself looks, besides the black endzones instead of normal 2 colors. But remember how bad this turf looked at Super Bowl XLV? I think I remember hearing they have 2 fields one for college one for pros, but this looks a thousands times nicer than the Super Bowl

By

They also wore white helmets, white pants in the Rose Bowl against Ohio State. Nike must have expected Alabama to be here.

Yeah they were designed last offseason.

I think both teams look great but the camo tights are stupid.

Totally agree with this... Also, I know I'm old, but I despise black socks. OSU looked so much better in their game against Alabama.
1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Colors aside... those Oregon uniforms look fantastic.

Totally agree. That's a great football uniform. The helmets look great. I usually like a little more contrast between white and gray, but their light gray just works for some reason.

I mean their set from last week was perfect, and that's what they should be wearing tonight, but they are still in a fantastic uniform for the big game - it's just that it's a uniform that's not necessarily representative of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is a preview of what Miami might look like with Adidas.

(ugly Adidas image)

As I said in the Miami thread, it's not the final product, but it's a lot closer to it for Miami than the "simple" one displayed for Arizona State.

Miami wanted last year's Nike redesign to be more simple than it was. Ultimately, they signed off on it, but it wasn't what they wanted.

The pattern that adidas set up with their other "traditional" clients like UCLA, Nebraska, Wisconsin and others of having a conservative, traditional "normal" look, then going all-out with one totally different alternate a year was VERY appealing to Miami during the negotiation process.

Where did you read this? I have done a search on Google and could not find that information no where.
So...based in your double negative, you did find the information?

But in all seriousness, I believe BRice16 has a job that allows him some inside knowledge. So he would be the source.

Archived