College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Well Bielema wanted to put his stamp on the program. I'd expect them to look like they did when Darren McFadden played there.

So, they'll look like Oklahoma. That's my issue with this change is that they finally had a unique look that looked pretty good. Now they'll go back to being copycats.

We wore that look from the 50's until the early 90's and then again while McFadden was here. Not really being copycats.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine VT will likely wear something Camo related (traditional color or not) for their White Out/Military Appreciation day game. Nothing confirmed yet though. I'd say Hokie Stone might have a more expanded use (maybe a stone-themed uniform, wearing them 2-3 times a year). I hope they use the helmet they wore against Maryland on Senior Day over the original one.

Vs. Georgia Tech:

screen_shot_2013-09-26_at_5.00.19_pm.0_s

Vs. Maryland:

Hokie+Stone+Helmet.PNG

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I imagine VT will likely wear something Camo related (traditional color or not) for their White Out/Military Appreciation day game. Nothing confirmed yet though. I'd say Hokie Stone might have a more expanded use (maybe a stone-themed uniform, wearing them 2-3 times a year). I hope they use the helmet they wore against Maryland on Senior Day over the original one.

Vs. Georgia Tech:

screen_shot_2013-09-26_at_5.00.19_pm.0_s

Vs. Maryland:

Hokie+Stone+Helmet.PNG

i just hope they do away with it.

That Hokie Stone is butt ugly.

Most everything they try is.

What?

virginia_tech_logan_thomas_action.jpg

Nothing about that is ugly.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well Bielema wanted to put his stamp on the program. I'd expect them to look like they did when Darren McFadden played there.

So, they'll look like Oklahoma. That's my issue with this change is that they finally had a unique look that looked pretty good. Now they'll go back to being copycats.

We wore that look from the 50's until the early 90's and then again while McFadden was here. Not really being copycats.

I prefer Arkansas with the solid red pant stripe from the McFadden era teamed with the traditional red or white jersey. The Razorbacks did experiment with a uniform set of white jerseys teamed with red pants in the 80s, which was unusual for them. Don't think this set lasted very long, however.

This actually isn't a bad look imo.

833331.jpg

Those have always been my favorites.

The black Pro Combat unis were/are a thing of beauty as well.

Dude I usually don't like bfbs but those were so awesome.

weren't they universally loathed when they came out, almost as bad as the maryland pride uniforms

This actually isn't a bad look imo.

833331.jpg

Those have always been my favorites.

The black Pro Combat unis were/are a thing of beauty as well.

Dude I usually don't like bfbs but those were so awesome.

weren't they universally loathed when they came out, almost as bad as the maryland pride uniforms

Idk, maybe. But I loved them. The graphics were awesome. I thought the circuit board gradient was genius and beautiful.

I actually liked the Maryland pride uniforms and think they are the best set marylands worn since.

Va Tech just has to concentrate on making a cohesive set rather than shell out alts in a vain effort of becoming the Oregon of the east coast. If they want to get combo-crazy let them have maroon/white/orange jerseys, helmets and pants, all triple-striped, and that's it. Good-looking, no ugly alt helmets, perfect mix of modern diversity between combos and traditional colors and designs.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived