College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too crazy about the helmets, but those uniforms look very nice. Nike's done a pretty good job so far with redesigns this offseason, so hopefully that trend continues with Syracuse and Illinois with the known changes.

I agree with this - the helmets are modern, but still kinda "meh". The traditional helmet is still a better option, and I'm glad they have kept it in the rotation.

I think these uniforms will look pretty nice if they go traditional white/orange/white, and white/white/orange a few times.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

As a fan of the team myself, I freaking love these. Glad that the current white helmet are staying, but I really like the two new ones. That Ibis logo has been used seldomly the past 13 years, but man, does it work well with these new unis. My ONE complaint though, is that the numbers have double outlines. A single outline on them, and they would further improve some great jerseys.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I'm sure that depends on the clientele's wishes.

Bingo. If Nike is the common denominator between FSU/Miami and Jax/Tampa, then you can conclude that what caused the uniforms to turn out so vastly different is not the manufacturer, but rather the client.

I'm sure that depends on the clientele's wishes.

Bingo. If Nike is the common denominator between FSU/Miami and Jax/Tampa, then you can conclude that what caused the uniforms to turn out so vastly different is not the manufacturer, but rather the client.
Also remember that even if a team likes a uniform design, the NFL has the final say whether they can wear them or not. Who knows how many possibly better designs were created by Nike and rejected by the team or the NFL that we'll never see.

Looking at Nebraska and Wisconsin wearing their practice jerseys makes me question why UCLA couldn't use that template for gameday. The stripes are screened and only added bulk I see is on the sleeves.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It just blows my mind how Nike makes such beautiful college uniforms, but when it comes to the NFL they absolutely drop the ball.

i also believe it's because college and the NFL have different standards, if we put the bucs colors on the miami set we would still be probably complaining.

As a fan of the team myself, I freaking love these. Glad that the current white helmet are staying, but I really like the two new ones. That Ibis logo has been used seldomly the past 13 years, but man, does it work well with these new unis. My ONE complaint though, is that the numbers have double outlines. A single outline on them, and they would further improve some great jerseys.

Agree with everything you said. The numbers stick out as being too thin. Detracts from the uniform in my opinion...looks like numbers from some of the counterfeit jerseys.

No stripes on the pants, the removal of the helmet stripe, the horrible design of the helmet and that ugly facemask is a fail in my book. I would rather have the old look back.
You do realize they are keeping the other white helmets, right? They merely unveiled the alternate helmets on Saturday.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

i love this uni set alot and as a canes fan its really great looking. i especially love the ibis logo that they used for the sleeves, its my fav logo that miami has, i wanna see the white paired with the green and orange pants. then my disdain for this look comes from the grey uniforms and the helmet. grey is not a bad color, but it just seems that every team nike has now is coming out with a grey uniform

2rzsaw3.jpg

Archived