College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

It's Great to Be a Florida Gator! We now officially have the absolute, hands down, greatest football uniforms in all of the state of Florida...college or pro!

This...

2013-florida-gators-new-football-uniform

or this (FSU)...

fsu-unis.jpg

I'll say it, FSU's are better than the Gators. I'm not saying Florida's are bad, because they are very nice, except for the horrific number font (one of worst IMO), and I love Florida's striping consistency, but these new FSU unis are top notch. It's not a blowout, but I'd say FSU has best in the state now.

Also, talking college or pro, I'll never get the hatred for the new Dolphins set. Beside that weird bottle nose thing on certain numbers of their font, it's a great look.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You put up a bunch non current looks

Which ones?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Florida ruined their look when they changed to that number font. It's so... strange looking. The look is, otherwise, pretty solid, but they can do so much better. I'd like to see them utilize the gator skin look they had on one of their pro combat uniforms. Florida State has the best helmet in college football now, but the Gators script is a pretty classic, and classy look.

IUe6Hvh.png

I kinda like how Florida has the same order of stripes and doesn't change it for the background color. The bad part about that is that for some reason they decided to go away from it just for the orange alternate jersey.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

UF's numbering is truly horrible, Looks like discarded construction pieces sewed to fabric.

And the more I look at FSU's, I'm genuinely surprised the decided to make such a drastic change from a truly classic, timeless set which they won multiple championships in.

I get they're trying to emphasize their "bond" with the Seminole tribe, but...I guess I just didn't realize how connected a tribe of native Americans were to...football. Seems forced and could be argued that they're trying to manufacture (or adopt) a pattern to use like how Alabama has done (very well) with the Houndstooth pattern.

As a uniform set FSU's do look outstanding. But for them, coming off of a championship season and having championship pedigree in pretty much the same uniform for a couple of decades...I don't think it's an upgrade. The previous look was definitely top 5 in college football.

Florida's overly forced stripe matching never really clicked for me. The script helmet decal, when the name Gators lends itself to so many great image possibilities, is a big let down. And that weird variation of a block font? With a double-outline yet? Nasty.

A lot of college helmets are big huge let downs if mascot image possibilities are what is used to judge them.

And I'll give the Gators a pass on the double outline as they used it for 30 years. The new font's not the best.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Even with Florida's horrible font, I would still say their uniforms are the best in the state of Florida. My top 5 rankings from NFL & NCAA Division I would be:

1. Florida
  2. Central Florida
  3. Miami Dolphins
  4. Florida State
  5. South Florida

spacer.png

Florida's overly forced stripe matching never really clicked for me. The script helmet decal, when the name Gators lends itself to so many great image possibilities, is a big let down. And that weird variation of a block font? With a double-outline yet? Nasty.

A lot of college helmets are big huge let downs if mascot image possibilities are what is used to judge them.

And I'll give the Gators a pass on the double outline as they used it for 30 years. The new font's not the best.

I am thankful for that. There is nothing worse than a full mascot on a helmet. A "mean" gator would be awful on the helmet. Plus it would have green, which I know they use in some of their imagery, but I am glad they keep it off of the helmets.

The "Gators" script is by no means great, but it's very college-looking and is probably better than most alternatives.

I agree with you on the double-outline (though I happen to like a lot of double-outlines). I also agree on the new font, though would put it more directly than "not the best." I find it to be a distraction; an ugly distraction.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Which ones?

Miami, UCF, USF

I just double checked. The only wrong one was UCF. USF was from last season, and those Miami ones were just released a few days ago/used in spring practice.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Which ones?

Miami, UCF, USF

I just double checked. The only wrong one was UCF. USF was from last season, and those Miami ones were just released a few days ago/used in spring practice.

This is what USF wore last year

SPORTS_FBC-MIAMI-USF_14_PT_t607.JPG

And of course Miami just changed, so you were wrong on all 3

Which ones?

Miami, UCF, USF

This is what USF wore last year

SPORTS_FBC-MIAMI-USF_14_PT_t607.JPG

And of course Miami just changed, so you were wrong on all 3

That WAS the new uniform of Miami that I posted, It was one of the alternates. The USF photo you posted is almost the same jersey, just a different helmet (they have three helmets). They made a minor tweak. I got my point across and the only real wrong jersey was UCF...but whatever.

spacer.png

That WAS the new uniform of Miami that I posted, It was one of the alternates. The USF photo you posted is almost the same jersey, just a different helmet (they have three helmets). They made a minor tweak. I got my point across and the only real violation was UCF...but whatever.

The Miami uniform that you posted was from last year's Virginia Tech game. Different helmet, different jersey, and different pants than what was unveiled over the weekend.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

That WAS the new uniform of Miami that I posted, It was one of the alternates. The USF photo you posted is almost the same jersey, just a different helmet (they have three helmets). They made a minor tweak. I got my point across and the only real violation was UCF...but whatever.

The Miami uniform that you posted was from last year's Virginia Tech game. Different helmet, different jersey, and different pants than what was unveiled over the weekend.

My bad, I had to really look hard to see the differences. When I did a Google search of the new uniforms, that came up along with the pictures of the mannequins. That anthracite jersey is almost a carbon copy of the VaTech jerseys aside from a graphic added to the shoulders.

I accept that I made a mistake with that.

Either way, I stand by my claim that UF now looks the best out of any of the Florida football teams.

041214-fsf-cfb-miami-hurricanes-jersey1-

miami-canes-smoke-gray-nike-uniform-675x

spacer.png

Archived