College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumors starting to circulate that Virginia Tech "will almost certainly" have an all-maroon uni again (finally!) and that there is a Matte White helmet making the rounds with the equipment staff that has everyone all geeked up.

Nothing solid lead wise, so take it with the proverbial grain of salt.

3.11p-beamer-gif.gif

Florida's overly forced stripe matching never really clicked for me. The script helmet decal, when the name Gators lends itself to so many great image possibilities, is a big let down. And that weird variation of a block font? With a double-outline yet? Nasty.

A lot of college helmets are big huge let downs if mascot image possibilities are what is used to judge them.

And I'll give the Gators a pass on the double outline as they used it for 30 years. The new font's not the best.

I am thankful for that. There is nothing worse than a full mascot on a helmet. A "mean" gator would be awful on the helmet. Plus it would have green, which I know they use in some of their imagery, but I am glad they keep it off of the helmets.

The "Gators" script is by no means great, but it's very college-looking and is probably better than most alternatives.

I agree with you on the double-outline (though I happen to like a lot of double-outlines). I also agree on the new font, though would put it more directly than "not the best." I find it to be a distraction; an ugly distraction.

I know I'm in the minority, but I love dopey mascot logos on college helmets...

arizona-state-university-arizona-state-h

riddell-kansas-tk-throwback-helmet-1964-

Louisville1.jpg

Wiscon69d.jpg

BlR-NHnIMAA1sIU.jpg

Can Adidas please just go away? They are officially incapable of producing a good uniform.

What in the hell? Is that a partially cut off kangaroo?

What the hell happened to football uni's...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

BlR-NHnIMAA1sIU.jpg

Can Adidas please just go away? They are officially incapable of producing a good uniform.

It's an astoundingly poor and obvious attempt at ripping off the asymmetrical sleeve from Boise's ProCombat:

bsuvt.jpg

Aside from that, they couldn't even match the shade of gold between the wordmark/weirdly skewed numbers and the logo that they chopped in half. The wordmark is so big that it almost looks like one of Adidas' hideous sleeved basketball jerseys. All in all, this is easily the worst uniform set in FBS football. I thought Russell's Southern Miss travesty couldn't be topped, but congrats Adidas, you've topped it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

BlR-NHnIMAA1sIU.jpg

That kangaroo is creepy as hell.

I laughed as soon as I saw this. It looks so cheap, that I can't believe that it's real. That kangaroo is so damn creepy that it's funny though.

Anyways, congrats to you Adidas, you've managed to do it. You have made the worst college football jersey ever placed on God's green Earth.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

BlR-NHnIMAA1sIU.jpg

I don't think Akron has the jerseys yet, so the took a blank jersey, cut everything out of paper and taped it on the jersey to give people an idea of what it will look like.

I dunno. The Akron coach has been tweeting some weird stuff that looks homemade/photoshopped. In addition to this, that looks like stickers on a blank inform, there's this helmet, where it clearly covers the chinstrap:

BlMwFKxCYAAMNbs.jpg

That is one of the worst photoshops I have seen.

Archived