College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that Syracuse can have great Basketball uniforms with the orange/gray combo, but we get this Crap for football?

Yeah they shoulda based these off the basketball uniforms. Silver numbers would've looked really cool. And maybe even the side panel stripes on the pants and two on the sleeve.

Why is it that Syracuse can have great Basketball uniforms with the orange/gray combo, but we get this Crap for football?

Yeah they shoulda based these off the basketball uniforms. Silver numbers would've looked really cool. And maybe even the side panel stripes on the pants and two on the sleeve.

It makes you wonder if Nike is going to redo Syracuse's basketball uniforms next. I have a feeling if it is going to be similar to the football numeral/lettering font. Which itself is not going to be pretty.

Somehow Syracuse is just destroying tradition by doing this. This is a major downgrade, what are they thinking?

Who is next to get a not so pretty upgrade from Nike? Washington? Oklahoma? Aren't those two schools supposed to be getting new uniforms for 2014?

Washington should be next up , Arkansas still to come also

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Oklahoma isn't getting new uniforms. At least, nothing has been announced.

I have a vague hunch that they'll adopt the Speed Machine template and maybe add an OU logo to the neck/hip like the RRS uniforms.

They're currently one of the only team I can think of still using the Destroyer template.

Oklahoma isn't getting new uniforms. At least, nothing has been announced.

I have a vague hunch that they'll adopt the Speed Machine template and maybe add an OU logo to the neck/hip like the RRS uniforms.

They're currently one of the only team I can think of still using the Destroyer template.

K-State

Uniforms are official. Syracuse has a guide to it (which yes, include an ORANGE alt as well), and there's some new photos out and about from the announcement, too. I still think the numbers ruin it. As I've said in the past, I can kinda live with the standard Nike GFGS alt given Syracuse itself has gone all GFGS once Nike put it on the basketball uniforms in 2007 (so it kinda justifies it even if it doesn't if that makes any sense), but given the numbers and the fact Nike did a great job with FSU and Miami and a pretty good job with Illinois, it's a disappointment.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Syracuse looks pretty terrible. Are we down to like 5 teams in ALL of college football that doesn't have a white helmet? Probably 5... 6 or 7 tops.

the day notre dame gets a white helmet will be the day it has gone too far

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

The main problem with Cuse's numbers is that they're too tall and have more attention towards the top of the number rather than the center of it. What I'm saying Is not the numbers are big; they look like the correct size. However, they'd look much better if you, say, move the middle portion of the 3, 8, and 4 down.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived