College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Sorry for the double post but per Twitter:

"Louisville signs 5-year, $40M deal w/@adidas, sources told @espn. Ranks among top 5 college apparel deals."

Generally I prefer Nike over Adidas, but I think for the most part Adidas has had the Cardinals looking pretty sharp. (Except for the sleeved basketball uni's)

90758391980.gif

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I concur. I see adidas as lazy and Nike as a bunch of tweakers making you a sandwich on occasion. Syracuse is bad IMO. FSU is a good update, will take timeto get used to and then it MAY become classic. Illinois turned out plain and I think they could've gotten away with explaining the "shield" as a tribute to the Fightin' Illini name. Russell Athletic is color by number and then add in a million of the schools logos wherever they don't normally go. UA, aesthetic wise could make the mopve to the top of my list with a good set for Navy. Notre Dame will look like Notre Dame so no worries there.

The navy blue unis look decent, I kinda like them (Navy jerseys with orange numerals look sharp IMO). The white jersey is okay but doesn't excite me. The gray jerseys is like trying to change a dirty diaper.....Ewwwww!!!

The numerals are horrible but pretty much what we expect from Nike designers who, I fear, have never taken a course or been properly trained in typography. F.

In case people were wondering the time line for Washington. They revealed the jerseys to the players yesterday, a "player reaction" teaser is supposed to come out today, and the reveal is tomorrow.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Syracuse now the WORST dressed team in all of sports?

If you take away the font and gradient striping, then overall look of the uniforms is not that bad an actually a slight upgrade over their previous set.

so pretty much take away everything that makes it a football uniform and its better. The numbers are a downgrade, the striping is a downgrade, the helmets are the same, the gray alternate is awful, the lack of orange is a downgrade, the pants are just ugly. There is nothing that is an improvement about this set in anyway.

If you take away the font and gradient striping, then overall look of the uniforms is not that bad an actually a slight upgrade over their previous set.

so pretty much take away everything that makes it a football uniform and its better. The numbers are a downgrade, the striping is a downgrade, the helmets are the same, the gray alternate is awful, the lack of orange is a downgrade, the pants are just ugly. There is nothing that is an improvement about this set in anyway.

Are you aware of the orange alternate that was not shown at the unveiling?

Orange+Uniform+Options.PNG

spacer.png

This is basically the same design as arizona: hideous font with a slighly different gradient pattern set on an angle. All around Blah.

Are you aware of the orange alternate that was not shown at the unveiling?

Orange+Uniform+Options.PNG

i am aware, i was talking about the set as a whole navy is clearly the main color with little to no orange anywhere else except fot the orange alternate

My .02 on Illinois and Syracuse. 1. Why didn't Syracuse just wait on the orange jerseys/pants for their reveal and wtf is that number font? 2. Illinois is pretty good, but with a two color number, why did they outline the blue jersey with a blue outline creating a one color effect on the blue jersey only?

KISSwall09.jpg

2. Illinois is pretty good, but with a two color number, why did they outline the blue jersey with a blue outline creating a one color effect on the blue jersey only?

I wondered that also. The only thing I could come up with is that they wanted the trim on the numbers to be consistent on all 3 jerseys. However, if that's the case why isn't the striping on the helmets, jerseys and pants consistent.

Honestly, Illinois isn't that bad, maybe a 6/10. Syracuse is bad. Not enough orange. At best, 2/10. FSU is so far the best, 9/10. Miami is a close second. 8.5/10

So far it's been good. Hopefully Nike can keep it up

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Honestly, Illinois isn't that bad, maybe a 6/10. Syracuse is bad. Not enough orange. At best, 2/10. FSU is so far the best, 9/10. Miami is a close second. 8.5/10

Wow! I can't believe you have Miami and FSU that high. Here is my ratings for those 4 schools

Illinois - 8.62

FSU - 7.25

Syracuse - 6.54

Miami - 5.43

spacer.png

We might have our first leak of the new Arkansas secondary logo. This appeared on the Razorbacks team store on our athletic website today. Not a fan of it at all if it is the real thing.

8jRM83M.jpg

http://shop.arkansasrazorbacks.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Hats/Nike_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Heritage_86_Campus_Adjustable_Performance_Hat_-_Black

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow! I can't believe you have Miami and FSU that high. Here is my ratings for those 4 schools

Illinois - 8.62

FSU - 7.25

Syracuse - 6.54

Miami - 5.43

FSU > Miami = Illinois > Syracuse

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

We might have our first leak of the new Arkansas secondary logo. This appeared on the Razorbacks team store on our athletic website today. Not a fan of it at all if it is the real thing.

8jRM83M.jpg

http://shop.arkansasrazorbacks.com/COLLEGE_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Hats/Nike_Arkansas_Razorbacks_Heritage_86_Campus_Adjustable_Performance_Hat_-_Black

That seems to be the general sentiment from most people I've talked to about it as well.

Sorry for the double post but per Twitter:

"Louisville signs 5-year, $40M deal w/@adidas, sources told @espn. Ranks among top 5 college apparel deals."

Generally I prefer Nike over Adidas, but I think for the most part Adidas has had the Cardinals looking pretty sharp. (Except for the sleeved basketball uni's)

For one, I'm glad Louisville stayed with Adidas as a flagship for the company. I also agree with your point there about the Cards looking sharp on both hardwood and gridiron. I love the football uniforms (Classic style uniform w/ modern font. Even monochrome looks good for them oddly ^_^ ) and the basketball set is very solid for the most part (sleeved, not so much).

131227104653-teddy-preview-top-single-im

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

The white helmet looks so good

It'll look awesome if they ever play against Stanford while wearing them.

They may not play Stanford anytime soon, but does NC State still have that similar helmet?

Yes, but they have a NC inside the S on the helmet (to differentiate from Stanford and Syracuse).

13572216-standard.jpg

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived