College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washington owns the Northwest territory? Who's historically/all-time better between Oregon & Washington? Because as of late the Ducks have been the ones owning the NW.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Frost+Texture+White+Helmet.PNG

But wouldn't having a raised texture on the helmet increase the drag by .0001%, thus negating the performance advantages that Nike claims their jerseys have?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Iconic+Jaws.PNG

I assume they are talking about the two precariously built grandstands and I've never seen them referred to in that way.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

"Frost Texture" = popcorn ceiling texture.

The sled dog thing in the collar is neat, though. Of course the most unique idea for the uniform has been relegated to an area we'll never see...

So true...that's really the best part of the design.

_______

The "ownership" of the Northwest is a really tough sell when the Huskies were suffering through 1 and 2 win seasons just a few years ago.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Iconic+Jaws.PNG

I assume they are talking about the two precariously built grandstands and I've never seen them referred to in that way.

Plus it barely looks like the stands/cantilevered roofs. This is just a patch in the template that was colored just because Nike could...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

You know how some things grow on you? This is doing the opposite. Every time I see the purple jersey I want top punch whoever designed it in the face. And I see peoples reaction on twitter, but I feel like anything they would come up with people would think it looks cool cause its new. Make the sleeves purple and the reaction wouldn't have changed but the design would be a million times better.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Iconic+Jaws.PNG

Plus it barely looks like the stands/cantilevered roofs. This is just a patch in the template that was colored just because Nike could...

It's actually Nike Chain Maille mesh. It's placed in that location on all jerseys that use this template. The made the whole story about why it's placed there.

Gold+-+White+-+Purple.PNG

UW+Combinations.PNG

UW+Combinations+Back.PNG

I like the gold helmet/white jersey/purple pants (Best look of them all). But i also like the gold/purple/purple and the gold/purple/gold. IMO: The Huskies have by far the best look Nike created of all the teams this year. Makes me want to go buy the new Husky purple jersey once we get closer to college football season. Heck, I am not a Husky fan, but the jersey itself makes me want to become one.

Gold+-+White+-+Purple.PNG

UW+Combinations+Back.PNG

I appreciate that they're willing to model these on actual living players, instead of the usual fake-ass superhero photo-robo-shop images that all the pinheads go wild over. Look at the shot of #71's gigantic caboose... I bet the designer cringed at the idea that his work would be displayed that honestly. Gotta give them credit for that anyway.

Intelligent question: where's the "northwest corner" on the numeral 9?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Look closely at 71, there's no gold on the 1. Looks like the corner is only on the first digit, so they'll be two sets of numbers, with and without the corner.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived