buckeye

College Football 2014 Season

^ before everyone freaks out, those are all just prototypes and nothing more at this point.

All those helmets are DULL as the logos are way to small.

Just a heads up to people who have joined in the last year, recruiting season is upon us, where schools will create dozens of "prototype" jerseys and helmets to show to recruits, the vast majority of which will never see the field. It happens here every year.

Man, just heard Brent Musberger say that the College Football Playoff National Champ will get a new trophy. Can't believe they are retiring the crystal ball.

The crystal ball will still be awarded to the champions as voted by the coaches' poll. It's the AFCA's trophy, not the BCS's and was awarded to national champions, although not at a game site, for many years before the BCS. The BCS handed it out at the championship because the coaches' poll agreed to vote the BCS Champion as its national champion when the BCS was formed back in 1998.

The College Football Playoff will have its own trophy, although there is a lot of support within the college football community to reach a deal with the AFCA to continue to use its trophy because of how iconic has become in the BCS era.

Even if they do use a separate trophy, there will still be a crystal ball, just as there is in men's and women's basketball, where the coaches' poll crystal ball is handed out at a ceremony the morning after the national championship game.

Will the playoff allow for the NCAA to name an official national champion? If so, there's a simple solution: give an NCAA national championship trophy, just like the other sports.

Strong's already pissed off one booster (who's probably angry because Strong is black, but that's not important) so I doubt he'll want to tread on the toes of other boosters. We won't see any changes to Texas apart from them updating to Nike's newest template. Same as USC and Alabama.

Just a heads up to people who have joined in the last year, recruiting season is upon us, where schools will create dozens of "prototype" jerseys and helmets to show to recruits, the vast majority of which will never see the field. It happens here every year.

I understand that but it's slow right now so why not post what teams are putting out to show recruits

Strong's already pissed off one booster (who's probably angry because Strong is black, but that's not important) so I doubt he'll want to tread on the toes of other boosters. We won't see any changes to Texas apart from them updating to Nike's newest template. Same as USC and Alabama.

I'm sure a black coach who's worked at Southern schools as long as Strong has is well aware of how important it is to keep the rich old white folks happy. But even without considering that factor, Strong has already shown a preference for traditional uniforms, so why would anyone be worried about him messing with Texas?

The booster that's mad at Strong is Red McCombs. McCombs owned the Vikings when their head coach was Dennis Green, who's black. I'm not so sure race is a factor.

The booster that's mad at Strong is Red McCombs. McCombs owned the Vikings when their head coach was Dennis Green, who's black. I'm not so sure race is a factor.

Just listened to his comments. Sounds like he drank the burnt orange kool-aid and really thought they could lure Saban from Bama (lol) or Harbaugh from San Francisco (double lol.)

Alright, so if I'm not mistaken Oregon, Miami, and Arkansas are all the terms that have CONFIRMED new uniforms.

I really don't like an Arkansas re-brand, their current set has really grown on me and really distinguishes them from Alabama. I'm fine with Miami, they definitely needed an upgrade, and with Oregon, it's Oregon. They're going to do this anyway.

Interesting how we just "assume" the guy is a racist. What a joke.

The utter condescension for Strong was obvious when old Red was nice enough to say he'd do fine as a coordinator or position coach despite his head coaching successes. You gotta love it when old and senile, rich white men who think out load. Old stereotypes die hard. I bet he even knows a black member at his country club that he let join his foursome once.

I understand that but it's slow right now so why not post what teams are putting out to show recruits

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with that, I want to see what they're putting out there too. I'm just posting a friendly reminder that just because a recruit posts or tweets a picture of something doesn't mean that it's the official new uniform for X school.

Will the playoff allow for the NCAA to name an official national champion? If so, there's a simple solution: give an NCAA national championship trophy, just like the other sports.

No, the NCAA is specifically not involved in the new playoff other than to sanction the games, like they do the current bowls. The only NCAA Football Champions will remain those awarded in FCS, DII and DIII.

Texas is already using the same chain maille template as USC and Alabama. Oregon has an even newer one now.

Texas is already using the same chain maille template as USC and Alabama. Oregon has an even newer one now.

I'm saying that Texas, USC and Alabama will make the jump to the Mach Speed template and make no further design changes.

No reason not to. Just a disclaimer for those who don't know that so they don't freak out and think they are all to be worn.

Interesting how we just "assume" the guy is a racist. What a joke.

The utter condescension for Strong was obvious when old Red was nice enough to say he'd do fine as a coordinator or position coach despite his head coaching successes. You gotta love it when old and senile, rich white men who think out load. Old stereotypes die hard. I bet he even knows a black member at his country club that he let join his foursome once.

Yeah, you never hear any old non-white people think crazy thoughts out loud...