College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

After seeing these combinations, I am truly a fan of these uniforms:

Different+Combinations.PNG

The one on the right is beautiful.

I agree as that is by far their best home look

Mizzou had their Spring Game on Saturday, and while there wasn't anything new to speak of, they did wear a combination that hasn't ever been worn before. Black jersey and white pants.

gold-game-marcus-murphy-maty-mauk-ncaa-f

Also, the Gold/White combo is new as well. Not a fan of that one, but the Black/White doesn't look horrible.

The white pants would look great with a white helmet. .

spacer.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7:30 CT tonight, Arkansas unveils:

Interesting thing to note, I read that Arkansas, Illinois and FSU participated in the Nike "GIG" program for this year. I was expecting simply a new standardized shade of red and front-facing secondary logo. But if it goes the way of FSU of Illinois, it likely will be much more.

7:30 CT tonight, Arkansas unveils:

Interesting thing to note, I read that Arkansas, Illinois and FSU participated in the Nike "GIG" program for this year. I was expecting simply a new standardized shade of red and front-facing secondary logo. But if it goes the way of FSU of Illinois, it likely will be much more.

Yeah, new uniforms across multiple sports is what I'm expecting. I was told that the new uniforms were "traditional but fast." Whatever that means. It should be interesting to see what they came up with because Bielema has said since he was first hired that he wanted to switch us back to traditional uniforms and that he wasn't a fan of the modern stuff except for a once a year alternate like the anthracite uniform we've worn the last two years. Hopefully his opinion won out.

Our Razorback Football twitter account just sent this link out talking about the reveal tonight.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=209474031

I don't hate Cuse, Washington, or Illinois.

I do find that white Washington helmet interesting.

For some I can't help but think that the texture would scrape you up if you took a helmet to the arm. Maybe not.

Is it me or do the blue jersey and pants not have any white in the trim/striping for Illinois? (But the blue helmet does?)

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Mizzou had their Spring Game on Saturday, and while there wasn't anything new to speak of, they did wear a combination that hasn't ever been worn before. Black jersey and white pants.

Also, the Gold/White combo is new as well. Not a fan of that one, but the Black/White doesn't look horrible.

Is the running back's helmet matte black, and the QB's helmet glossy black?

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Funny how the best look of the entire set is basically a modernized 90's Syracuse. Maybe they should have used a white mask to differentiate.

Also a modernized 90s Illinois. And a 60s-80s Illinois.

For some I can't help but think that the texture would scrape you up if you took a helmet to the arm. Maybe not.

Is it me or do the blue jersey and pants not have any white in the trim/striping for Illinois? (But the blue helmet does?)

The blue jersey does not:

All+Uniforms+Side_Back.PNG

The same can be said about the orange jersey & helmet having white trim and the orange pants do not.

spacer.png

The same can be said about the orange jersey & helmet having white trim and the orange pants do not.

Thanks for that!

It's inconsistencies like these that really bug me; they make me question the thought process behind the uniforms' design.

Is there a reason for that? Because to me it just looks like a glaring inconsistency (or even an overlooked detail).

[i am curious, but that is more a rhetorical question than anything, not aimed at you.]

Just came across this while doing a search. I hadn't seen it posted yet.

ZCcDw42.jpg

Kinda bland to have two logos that are basically just an "I" . Moving completely away from the indian ?

Looks like it. I expected that, though.

I'm kind of bothered by the fact that the logos feature a block-I with serifs, whereas the font is italicized with only one serif. Inconsistent.

Thanks for that!

It's inconsistencies like these that really bug me; they make me question the thought process behind the uniforms' design.

Is there a reason for that? Because to me it just looks like a glaring inconsistency (or even an overlooked detail).

[i am curious, but that is more a rhetorical question than anything, not aimed at you.]

I don't see how it really can be inconsistent. Granted, the White and Orange jersey have the opposite middle color stripe, but the blue stripe is technically the same across the board. No need to have white where the blue is on the other jerseys, to me that's just trying to hard to do something unnecessary. In my opinion, it's perfectly fine the way it is.

Thanks for that!

I don't see how it really can be inconsistent. Granted, the White and Orange jersey have the opposite middle color stripe, but the blue stripe is technically the same across the board. No need to have white where the blue is on the other jerseys, to me that's just trying to hard to do something unnecessary. In my opinion, it's perfectly fine the way it is.

I can live with the inconsistencies in some places, but the idea that they have an orange helmet and a pair of orange pants (which I think most of us see as the primary combination, historically) and those to elements don't have the same stripe is a big problem. Fix that and I can live with the stripes not matching in other places.

Is the running back's helmet matte black, and the QB's helmet glossy black?

Yep. I believe all the QB's wore the glossy helmets, while the rest of the team wore the matte version. The matte version has definitely been worn the most starting in practice towards the end of last season and continuing into this year. Not sure if that means anything, but I figured it was worth noting.

Also, Mauk (the QB) is wearing the new Speed Flex helmet.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

The Gold/White combo is pure beautiful. And that's saying something because I have a passion for hating anything Mizzou related.

Archived