College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number font for our uniforms:

dtFUrGK.jpg

Where did you find this graphic? Is it from a pdf?

A guy that works for the AD in the recruiting department posted it on twitter. I'm surprised he doesn't post here because he's a big uniform guy. Does a lot of his own concepts.

I'd love to see his stuff. You should encourage him to join this site.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

dtFUrGK.jpg

A guy that works for the AD in the recruiting department posted it on twitter. I'm surprised he doesn't post here because he's a big uniform guy. Does a lot of his own concepts.

What's his twitter account?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

dtFUrGK.jpg

@jakenevill

The cream jersey Arkansas wore against Vandy yesterday was sweet, too. All they really need is the cream jersey with the A, the red jersey with "Arkansas" in the new font, a gray jersey with "Arkansas" in the new font, and a white jersey with "Razorbacks" in the new font, and they're set. Would easily be the best look in the SEC.

To put words into a graphic-

ArkansasAll-1.png

The cream jersey Arkansas wore against Vandy yesterday was sweet, too. All they really need is the cream jersey with the A, the red jersey with "Arkansas" in the new font, a gray jersey with "Arkansas" in the new font, and a white jersey with "Razorbacks" in the new font, and they're set. Would easily be the best look in the SEC.

To put words into a graphic-

ArkansasAll-1.png

respect-049.gif

Those are amazing. That would be too perfect if those were our actual uniforms.

dtFUrGK.jpg

@jakenevill

I honestly was beginning to think you and Jake were the same users...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Profile shots of the uniforms where you can see the striping better.

G8jVBQ7.jpg

I do like that pant stripe.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I don't mind these, but damn... when is Agency gonna stop being used (not just here, but in general).

I loved the font before it seemed to go viral a few years ago. Now I hate it.

Its not Agency, it is Forza from Hoefler & Co. http://www.typography.com/fonts/forza/overview/

That was mentioned earlier, i just noticed.

Hmm. Is that what the numbers are as well? It looks like a modified version of agency, I'd have to see them side by side.

(i can tell the wordmark isn't agency, FWIW)

EDIT: The "4" is what was convincing me. I can see now, it's definitely not agency. Lol

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

006_Nike_Razorbacks5253_large.jpg?139774003_Nike_Razorbacks5438_large.jpg?139774

Not horrible, but the previous uniforms were better.

Im beginning to agree. I loved the razor shoulders. These just seem, ehh. I get the tusk stripe, but there's not a whole lot here.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

If they wanted consistency, they should've based each uniform off of the razor-stripe from the football uniform, rather than the tusk from the basketball uniform, IMO.

The razorhawk was generally disliked by the fanbase. Too much of a resemblance to the Chargers lightning bolt for some.

I always thought those would have looked better if they had just gotten rid of the grey part and made it strictly red/white meeting at the point of the stripes.

006_Nike_Razorbacks5253_large.jpg?139774003_Nike_Razorbacks5438_large.jpg?139774

Not horrible, but the previous uniforms were better.

I'm beginning to agree. I loved the razor shoulders. These just seem, ehh. I get the tusk stripe, but there's not a whole lot here.

I am just the opposite as the more I look at this uniform, the more I like it. The old adage is true here, sometimes less is more! The uniform itself has everything that I love:

• Correct facemask color
  • No chrome helmets
  • Logos on both sides of the helmet
  • Stripes on the pants
  • Minimum stripes on the jersey
  • Nice solid font
  • No GFGS

spacer.png

I actually really like this, it's a perfect example of modern with restraint. Ideally they'll pair up red with white and vice versa, but even if they don't, this is easily my favorite of the four most recent uniform unveilings.

It's a good reminder that Nike can, in fact, make a modern uniform that looks good.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived