College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Well, then I apologize for making a stupid assumption about the guy's motives. Mea culpa.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up to people who have joined in the last year, recruiting season is upon us, where schools will create dozens of "prototype" jerseys and helmets to show to recruits, the vast majority of which will never see the field. It happens here every year.

I understand that but it's slow right now so why not post what teams are putting out to show recruits

No reason not to. Just a disclaimer for those who don't know that so they don't freak out and think they are all to be worn.

Interesting how we just "assume" the guy is a racist. What a joke.

The utter condescension for Strong was obvious when old Red was nice enough to say he'd do fine as a coordinator or position coach despite his head coaching successes. You gotta love it when old and senile, rich white men who think out load. Old stereotypes die hard. I bet he even knows a black member at his country club that he let join his foursome once.

Yeah, you never hear any old non-white people think crazy thoughts out loud...

Never said you don't. Sure plenty of old non white people talk crazy and make asses of themselves. I even know some non-white olds that have done that. It's just that white folk simply take old, rich and crazy to a higher level. It's in their blood and they just can't help themselves.

Strong's already pissed off one booster (who's probably angry because Strong is black, but that's not important) so I doubt he'll want to tread on the toes of other boosters. We won't see any changes to Texas apart from them updating to Nike's newest template. Same as USC and Alabama.

He meant we'll probably see the black helmet and pants at Louisville, not black at Texas. I guess Strong put the kaibash on black while he was there.

FSU is listed to get new uniforms but its probably just a template update and a return to gold pants

By this do you mean changing the shade of the pants?

Any possibility of seeing the garnet or white pants in game again, or have those been delegated to the spring game now?

FSU is listed to get new uniforms but its probably just a template update and a return to gold pants

Any possibility of seeing the garnet or white pants in game again, or have those been delegated to the spring game now?

going back to metallic gold rather than matte

Man I'd love for them to break those out a few times a year. Different but still nice.

I also loved their pro combats..and black alts.

going back to metallic gold rather than matte

That would be great to see and it would be nice to see the 49ers and every other team that is gold to do the same thing.

As far as Louisville, I would expect a uniform change as Bobby Petrino likes modern uniforms and if the full uniform change does not occur next year, I would definitely expect a new helmet.

spacer.png

Just a heads up to people who have joined in the last year, recruiting season is upon us, where schools will create dozens of "prototype" jerseys and helmets to show to recruits, the vast majority of which will never see the field. It happens here every year.

I understand that but it's slow right now so why not post what teams are putting out to show recruits

No reason not to. Just a disclaimer for those who don't know that so they don't freak out and think they are all to be worn.

The utter condescension for Strong was obvious when old Red was nice enough to say he'd do fine as a coordinator or position coach despite his head coaching successes. You gotta love it when old and senile, rich white men who think out load. Old stereotypes die hard. I bet he even knows a black member at his country club that he let join his foursome once.

Never said you don't. Sure plenty of old non white people talk crazy and make asses of themselves. I even know some non-white olds that have done that. It's just that white folk simply take old, rich and crazy to a higher level. It's in their blood and they just can't help themselves.

Just love the irony of you being racist in a post calling out a guy for being racist (when he didn't say 1 single thing about race).

Just love the irony of you being racist in a post calling out a guy for being racist (when he didn't say 1 single thing about race).

I never said anything racist you simply inferred it when all I did was make an observation. If you want to make it about race that's your deal as I see the world trough a post-racial lens.

I never said anything racist you simply inferred it when all I did was make an observation. If you want to make it about race that's your deal as I see the world trough a post-racial lens.

.Not an observation, but an assumption that McCombs MUST be racist because he didn't like the choice for head coach. I don't like the current President of the US. I must be racist too.

For those of you unfamiliar with the situation with McCombs and Texas, he is easily one of the top 2 or 3 boosters to the program. The previous administration granted full open door access to the boosters and they felt like their opinions were the one driving the program. The school hired a new AD who has yet to cater to these boosters inflated egos and they are now publically showing their displeasure. This isnt about the booster hating the coach, or being racist, but rather the booster being mad that his money didn't buy his choice. Winning will cure all, but he will need to do it quick before some donors feel justified in it being the wrong choice and start to pull donations.

Leaving out the idea that race is, at best, an arbitrary construct and, at worse, not a thing...

Saying something is "in the blood" of old white people is pretty much definitionally racist. The part I bolded is an assertion that these people do these things BECAUSE THEY'RE WHITE. Theoretically, someone who views things "post-racially" (which, lol, but that's a different conversation) should be BETTER attuned to racism. But you don't seem to be. Unless you're using Judith Butler's definitions of "race" and "racism," in which case, I got nothin'...

As far as the impact of the Strong hire on Texas' uniforms, I'd be shocked if they wore anything but burnt orange and white. I know when vince young was there, he pushed hard for them to wear a black alt. Nike even sold the black alt to the public. I don't believe Texas has ever worn an alternate uniform minus the adjustments made for their first pro-combat uniform. I can see the younger fan base and students liking some alternate uniform, but too much of the older fan base would have an aneurysm if the uniforms changed.

.Not an observation, but an assumption that McCombs MUST be racist because he didn't like the choice for head coach. I don't like the current President of the US. I must be racist too.

For those of you unfamiliar with the situation with McCombs and Texas, he is easily one of the top 2 or 3 boosters to the program. The previous administration granted full open door access to the boosters and they felt like their opinions were the one driving the program. The school hired a new AD who has yet to cater to these boosters inflated egos and they are now publically showing their displeasure. This isnt about the booster hating the coach, or being racist, but rather the booster being mad that his money didn't buy his choice. Winning will cure all, but he will need to do it quick before some donors feel justified in it being the wrong choice and start to pull donations.

I could not have said that better myself...people need to quit assuming things and move on with their life...besides let the man have his opinion and if you don't like it, then you don't have to listen. What is wrong with all the people who are offended these days?

spacer.png

I could not have said that better myself...people need to quit assuming things and move on with their life...besides let the man have his opinion and if you don't like it, then you don't have to listen. What is wrong with all the people who are offended these days?

Except...what guest23 said is definitionally racist. I'm not offended, but that doesn't make me wrong for pointing it out.

You know what I'm mistaken. Red isn't a crazy-old and senile cracker he just grew up in a different era where people made blantantly ignorant and disrespectful statements and nobody made a big deal of it.

I should have known better.

"Cracker" is an awesome term for anyone who "sees the world through a post-racial lens", by the way.

As far as the impact of the Strong hire on Texas' uniforms, I'd be shocked if they wore anything but burnt orange and white. I know when vince young was there, he pushed hard for them to wear a black alt. Nike even sold the black alt to the public. I don't believe Texas has ever worn an alternate uniform minus the adjustments made for their first pro-combat uniform. I can see the younger fan base and students liking some alternate uniform, but too much of the older fan base would have an aneurysm if the uniforms changed.

The practive uniforms were pretty much the extension of this. The players wanted an alternate that stood out from the standard home and away. Mack brown and Nike made them to give Texas a new look, albeit one that wouldn't be used on gameday, save the neck which was added this year when they changed templates.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I hope if FSU gets new uniforms, it's just a template update. As they have (IMO) one of the best looks in college football.

Although I don't quite get switching over to a new template when most Nike schools will probably switch over to the new, ugly Oregon template whenever that becomes available.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived