College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Looks like my alma mater is getting a new look after all... Not sure I like it. Definitely miss the old logo already.

NAU just posted this on their Instagram: http://instagram.com/p/nQgx9xsoIg/

Here's a better look at the logo

logos_lowres.jpg

1990s video game logo?

That or a comic book illustration.

I like the idea of the primary, it just looks very bland - almost like a corporate logo.

The unis are pretty boring to me as well. Did they darken the navy used on the unis? It seems almost black.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard anything about Oregon's 2014 set? I'd imagine they'd be based on the Alamo Bowl set since they also introduced a black uniform as well. I'm also wondering if the thunder green (these looked pretty bad after the mallard numbers were banned) and white 2 uniforms will be retired for this literation especially if the military uniforms are worn again.

From what was said at the unveil is that the two uniforms would be added to the existing set, probably my replacing the black and white unis, no news on if they will be creating a full new set for all the possible combos with the new template but i honestly dont see them not making new uniforms. The mallard numbers weren't banned as far as I know, and all their current sets should transfer over to the new template without too many issues

http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/fashion-uniforms/photo-oregon-ducks-all-green-uniforms/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-rule-forces-arizona-small-change-uniforms-2014-183638276--ncaaf.html

They had to switch over to solid color numbers because of the NCAA's ban on multicolored numbers (I can't find anywhere that explains Oregon's case, but I know it was mentioned [googling 'Oregon number ban' brings up endless bowl ban stories/theories]). IMO it makes the Thunder Green unis look like forrest green uniforms with duct tape on them.

But this is good information to know, thank you! I was unaware that they said they were just giong to add those uniforms to the rotation, interesting.

Has anyone heard anything about Oregon's 2014 set? I'd imagine they'd be based on the Alamo Bowl set since they also introduced a black uniform as well. I'm also wondering if the thunder green (these looked pretty bad after the mallard numbers were banned) and white 2 uniforms will be retired for this literation especially if the military uniforms are worn again.

From what was said at the unveil is that the two uniforms would be added to the existing set, probably my replacing the black and white unis, no news on if they will be creating a full new set for all the possible combos with the new template but i honestly dont see them not making new uniforms. The mallard numbers weren't banned as far as I know, and all their current sets should transfer over to the new template without too many issues

http://gamedayr.com/lifestyle/fashion-uniforms/photo-oregon-ducks-all-green-uniforms/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ncaa-rule-forces-arizona-small-change-uniforms-2014-183638276--ncaaf.html

They had to switch over to solid color numbers because of the NCAA's ban on multicolored numbers (I can't find anywhere that explains Oregon's case, but I know it was mentioned [googling 'Oregon number ban' brings up endless bowl ban stories/theories]). IMO it makes the Thunder Green unis look like forrest green uniforms with duct tape on them.

But this is good information to know, thank you! I was unaware that they said they were just giong to add those uniforms to the rotation, interesting.

They changed the number on the green unis because of the contrasting colors rule, the mallard colored numbers weren't banned though

Has anyone seen proof yet that the NFL's one helmet-per-player-per-season rule that doesn't allow for throwback/alternate helmets is safer? It'd be really weird if Baylor is paying $65,000 for one-off helmets that increase the risk of concussions.

Has anyone seen proof yet that the NFL's one helmet-per-player-per-season rule that doesn't allow for throwback/alternate helmets is safer? It'd be really weird if Baylor is paying $65,000 for one-off helmets that increase the risk of concussions.

College teams don't care about player safety, they only care about looking cool for recruits.

Houston announced at an alumni event over the weekend that the school will honor the 25th anniversary of Andre Ware winning the Heisman by wearing 1989 throwbacks for our Nov 8 Homecoming game vs Tulane. No pics yet, but they should look something like this:

p-876883-andre-ware-autographed-hand-sig

Houston announced at an alumni event over the weekend that the school will honor the 25th anniversery of Andre Ware winning the Heisman by wearing 1989 throwbaks for our Nov 8 Homecoming game vs Tulane. No pics yet, but they should look something like this:

Good! What Nike unvealed last year were very underwhelming...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

There is no proof nor will there likely be any. Two of the leading universities that are proactively researching helmets and head injuries (UNC&VT) did thorough evaluations with their medical and other relevant staff. They came to the conclusion that wearing multiple helmets in a season poses no additional risk as long as the helmets are properly fitted and maintained. Also the break-in aspect of helmets is highly overstate and has much more to do with comfort than safety.

Houston announced at an alumni event over the weekend that the school will honor the 25th anniversery of Andre Ware winning the Heisman by wearing 1989 throwbaks for our Nov 8 Homecoming game vs Tulane. No pics yet, but they should look something like this:

Agreed, There has been talk for a while now that that UH will also be getting new and/or modified base uni's as part of the hoopla surrounding the opening of our brand new stadium, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Agreed, There has been talk for a while now that that UH will also be getting new and/or modified base uni's as part of the hoopla surrounding the opening of our brand new stadium, but that has yet to be confirmed.

That would be really nice. Houston has such a great palette to be used and it hasn't been used well in a while now.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The throwback will probably look like a red and white version of this with block number fonts, which i prefer much more to the current paint by number template UH chose from Nike.

marshall15.jpg

That would be great as a set and if they take the bevel off of the UH on the helmet and go back to a less shiny helmet it would be an upgrade. More than likely any new set will continue to go the exact opposite way of tradition.

The throwback will probably look like a red and white version of this with block number fonts, which i prefer much more to the current paint by number template UH chose from Nike.

marshall15.jpg

That would be great as a set and if they take the bevel off of the UH on the helmet and go back to a less shiny helmet it would be an upgrade. More than likely any new set will continue to go the exact opposite way of tradition.

Here's hoping Nike can pull off our triple stripes as well as they did for the Bears.

It's my understanding that for the throwback game we will have old school block UH helmet decals on the current candy apple red helmet shells.

Houston announced at an alumni event over the weekend that the school will honor the 25th anniversary of Andre Ware winning the Heisman by wearing 1989 throwbacks for our Nov 8 Homecoming game vs Tulane. No pics yet, but they should look something like this:

Tulane seems to be the go-to for throwbacks this year, I suppose. Duke's game against them is also "Throwback Day" (I'm hoping for silver helmets/pants myself.)

Archived