College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, it looks like the wings don't continue onto the sleeves anymore...could just be for the Spring Game though.

BmjwK3CCQAET-Lt.jpg

Definitely like the original two better.

Could just be for the Spring Game as they have the patches on the sleeve.

I like the yellow pants one is better the black from the original set. The one worn during the Alamo Noelia still the best though

https://twitter.com/usnikefootball/status/461888425855971328. Didn't notice this on the bowl game pants

That wasn't on the Bowl game pants. It said Oregon vertically. This is much better.

Bmj1E0gCIAEUKfA.jpg

More images of the patches:

Bmj1EbnCAAAmOKs.jpg

Bmj1EnZCMAI8-Tb.jpg

Worth noting: the feathers aren't metallic like they were in the bowl game. Also, I believe this is the first time the Nike swoosh has been a plastic chip, and not embroidered or screened. As is the neck/shoulder patch.

Don't quote me, but the ol' rumor mill was saying that Nike had a lot of problems with the wings on the Alamo Bowl jereys. Hopefully this is just a case of the military patches causing the feathers to discontinue. Either way these shoulder feathers seem much smaller than the Alamo Bowl uniforms.

On a side note this will be the first set of Oregon uniforms were I don't think there is a great improvement. The last set only had 3 seasons, but was my favorite Oregon look. The faux-back they had against Arkansas State is my favorite combination they've ever worn.

I don't get it, so someone please explain it to me. What connection (besides a possible ROTC) does Oregon have with the military? You would think that they are the West Point of the west coast given all the military decorations they have. So whats up with it?

Interesting, it looks like the wings don't continue onto the sleeves anymore...could just be for the Spring Game though.

BmjwK3CCQAET-Lt.jpg

Definitely like the original two better.

Yeah I'm with you, and I normally like Oregon's looks. Something about these just seem off to me as opposed to the other two. Still like the template, but I really want to see better color combos.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I don't get it, so someone please explain it to me. What connection (besides a possible ROTC) does Oregon have with the military? You would think that they are the West Point of the west coast given all the military decorations they have. So whats up with it?

According to Nike, the uniforms are partly an homage to company co-founder and UO track and field coach Bill Bowerman, who was part of the U.S. Army's 10th Mountain Division during the second World War.

^^http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/05/oregon_ducks_unveil_new_nike_s_1.html

That's how they justify it, but I think it's a bit much. It's a bit excessive on Oregon and Nikes part to do this, but at least they donate 'some' money to good causes following the game via auction. I wish I knew if the money they donated was greater than the overhead to design and produce these uniforms though...

Oregon has been honoring the military during the spring game ever since former coach Chip Kelly went on a USO tour. He admired what soldiers/airmen/sailors/Marines were doing and wanted his players to honor and notice the sacrifices that people their age were doing. They bring in current and former military members to speak with the team during spring drills and then have a kids' day for law enforcement (added after a local officer was killed on duty) and service members' children before the game. After the game, the jerseys are then given to service members who are paired up with every player.

Bmj1EnZCMAI8-Tb.jpg

Does anybody else think this looks like the sort of imagery you'd see in a Sci-Fi movie depicting a future society, where they're trying to imply a vague Nazi connection? Those bolts...

Stop.

Not even remotely funny.

I chuckled. Just sayin...

Bmj1EnZCMAI8-Tb.jpg

Does anybody else think this looks like the sort of imagery you'd see in a Sci-Fi movie depicting a future society, where they're trying to imply a vague Nazi connection? Those bolts...

Stop.

Not even remotely funny.

I wasn't trying to be funny or offensive. It's just an observation. If you do a google image search for that stuff ( and I haven't... I'm at work) I'm guessing you'll see a whole lot of black and white imagery with lightning bolts. I'm in no way implying they meant to do that... obviously that's ridiculous. But it wouldn't be the first time an inadvertent visual connect was made. Remember the "blood streaked flags" from last year's CFB?

https://twitter.com/usnikefootball/status/461888425855971328. Didn't notice this on the bowl game pants

That wasn't on the Bowl game pants. It said Oregon vertically. This is much better.

Bmj1E0gCIAEUKfA.jpg

More images of the patches:

Worth noting: the feathers aren't metallic like they were in the bowl game. Also, I believe this is the first time the Nike swoosh has been a plastic chip, and not embroidered or screened. As is the neck/shoulder patch.

If Oregon would put those feathered wings on all their pants it would make their whole set 10x better.

spacer.png

Archived