College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Late to the party, but...

BYU needs to get rid of the all black look, and go back to royal blue

- Signed, Utah State Alumni

byuwhiteout.png

byuroyalrevival.png

byublackout.png

Apparently it's not enough for BYU to take Utah State's shade of blue, now they need to copy USU's White Out idea and promotional imagry. Utah State's white out promotional photos, while I can't dig up the exact pictures, looked very similar, something like this:

Athletics_whiteout_ust1.jpg

Am I sure BYU isn't just trolling USU? ;P

True, both schools are Nike, and true, the all-white home game isn't USU's to claim nationally, but they were the first major Utah school to do so. I'll give BYU credit for this: they picked the right team in which to wear royal blue. Now they need to do it full-time.

</BYU "big brother" rant>

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

byuwhiteout.png

byuroyalrevival.png

byublackout.png

Apparently it's not enough for BYU to take Utah State's shade of blue, now they need to copy USU's White Out idea and promotional imagry. Utah State's white out promotional photos, while I can't dig up the exact pictures, looked very similar, something like this:

Am I sure BYU isn't just trolling USU? ;P

True, both schools are Nike, and true, the all-white home game isn't USU's to claim nationally, but they were the first major Utah school to do so. I'll give BYU credit for this: they picked the right team in which to wear royal blue. Now they need to do it full-time.

So any team that has a white-out is copying Utah State now?? I forgot you guys originated that trend -________-

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

byuwhiteout.png

byuroyalrevival.png

byublackout.png

Am I sure BYU isn't just trolling USU? :P

So any team that has a white-out is copying Utah State now?? I forgot you guys originated that trend -________-

Bolded it for you.

Oh well, at least USU isn't trying a black out.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

byuwhiteout.png

byuroyalrevival.png

byublackout.png

Bolded it for you.

Considering every team in the nation does a (insert color here)-out Utah really has no claim to a white-out over any other team even is they are in the same state. It doesn't matter

byuwhiteout.png

byuroyalrevival.png

byublackout.png

Bolded it for you.

Be careful what you (don't) wish for...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

[images snipped for space]

[snipped image]

Bolded it for you.

Considering every team in the nation does a (insert color here)-out Utah really has no claim to a white-out over any other team even is they are in the same state. It doesn't matter

True. I was trying to describe it as a regional thing, but that regional-ness came across as overblown.

Reading a hissy-fit between a BYU and Utah State fan is like, well no one can explain the pathetic-ness of this.

The words came out a little stronger/serious than I may have intended, as well. I'll keep quiet on the subject in this thread.

So, uh, how about the Red Fluer-de-lis and Oregon Spring Game uniforms? :unsure:

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

Will BYU have different helmets for the royal uniforms? It would seem strange with navy stripes and a navy logo on the helmet .

It looks royal to me

I don't know hard to tell with the lighting

look at the logo, its clearly royal, the stripes look dark, but so does the face mask that looks the same dark color except for some royal colored glare which also indicates the stripes and face mask are both royal.

Silver britches set back for UGA:

"Athletic director Greg McGarity said back in March that Georgia is working with our partners at Nike to create a more silver silver for the Dawgs silver britches, and this week I checked with Senior Associate Athletic Director Claude Felton, who said: 'Uniform design and production is quite a lengthy process these days but the new silver should be good to go for the 2015 season.'"

http://ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2014/05/17/fan-talk-offensive-line-talent-defensive-backfield-concerns-true-silver-britches-and-jacksonville/

Not the 2014 season? It's amazing that Nike could create anything Oregon wants in about four weeks, but trying to produce silver pants with black/white/red stripes takes two or three years? C'mon Nike...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Silver britches set back for UGA:

"Athletic director Greg McGarity said back in March that Georgia is working with our partners at Nike to create a more silver silver for the Dawgs silver britches, and this week I checked with Senior Associate Athletic Director Claude Felton, who said: 'Uniform design and production is quite a lengthy process these days but the new silver should be good to go for the 2015 season.'"

http://ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2014/05/17/fan-talk-offensive-line-talent-defensive-backfield-concerns-true-silver-britches-and-jacksonville/

A more silver silver? So just how silver will this silver be?

Archived