College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Silver britches set back for UGA:

"Athletic director Greg McGarity said back in March that Georgia is working with our partners at Nike to create a more silver silver for the Dawgs silver britches, and this week I checked with Senior Associate Athletic Director Claude Felton, who said: 'Uniform design and production is quite a lengthy process these days but the new silver should be good to go for the 2015 season.'"

http://ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2014/05/17/fan-talk-offensive-line-talent-defensive-backfield-concerns-true-silver-britches-and-jacksonville/

A more silver silver? So just how silver will this silver be?

Georgia's current pants are a light matte gray. In the 90s, they wore pants that were more silver silver (darker and with the metallic/shiny sheen).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the 2014 season? It's amazing that Nike could create anything Oregon wants in about four weeks, but trying to produce silver pants with black/white/red stripes takes two or three years? C'mon Nike...

I guarantee nothing takes 4 weeks. Just because Oregon gets new stuff a lot doesn't mean it was all recently created.

Not the 2014 season? It's amazing that Nike could create anything Oregon wants in about four weeks, but trying to produce silver pants with black/white/red stripes takes two or three years? C'mon Nike...

I guarantee nothing takes 4 weeks. Just because Oregon gets new stuff a lot doesn't mean it was all recently created.

I know. I was being facetious :) But it seems that way, I guess.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

lol discuss!

Bn8-H1aCIAEh6pI.jpg

Let's mix Syracuse's alternate lid from last year and take UConn's lid and turn it around. Done!

Then add carbon fiber because its kewl
Honestly, the carbon fiber look is the only thing that makes this helmet the least bit bearable. The Syracuse gradient and wolf in the back is just awful.

If the helmet was just carbon fiber and it came with a NC state blackout with Carbon Fiber shoulders, it wouldn't be that bad. Just your average blackout one-off look. The rest of the helmet elements just ruins it.

I really don't understand some of the release dates of these one offs... isn't it supposed to fire up the team for a game? Why wouldnt you release it right before you go on the field, instead of the middle of May with no game of note until late September.

Archived