College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

this thread always makes me so incredibly grateful that i was born into an alabama crimson tide household.

Penn State fans were up in arms when player names were put on the backs of jerseys. I was fine with it but I am ecstatic that my alma mater hasn't given into ugly trends like these nasty helmets.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread always makes me so incredibly grateful that i was born into an alabama crimson tide household.

Penn State fans were up in arms when player names were put on the backs of jerseys. I was fine with it but I am ecstatic that my alma mater hasn't given into ugly trends like these nasty helmets.

I'm glad that the farthest Michigan State has gone is just a chrome version of their regular helmets. Of course, I'd rather have not seen it at all but at least it was only worn for one game.

I'm glad that the farthest Michigan State has gone is just a chrome version of their regular helmets. Of course, I'd rather have not seen it at all but at least it was only worn for one game.

What about the gold helmets the Spartans wore a couple years ago?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah, I didn't include those because I actually like that uniform.

Yeah, I didn't include those because I actually like that uniform.

The Pro Combat set would have looked much better without the black.

Auburn fan here. Thankfully our schools haven't given in to this junk.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The AU logo is one of the most timeless logos in sports. One of the few older sports logos that has aged fairly well

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

The AU logo is one of the most timeless logos in sports. One of the few older sports logos that has aged fairly well

I've seen very few variants of the logo. Mainly just different sizes in the A and/or U. But it's been pretty much the same for over 50 years now. I love wearing it almost daily.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Memo to NC State Fans: You've followed every single team in North Carolina for black helmets. Duke, UNC, Wake, East Carolina, Appalachian State... The list goes on and on.

Don't get the point of this post? It is like when the Utah State guy said BYU ripped off the "white out" idea from USU just because USU was the first in the state to do it, even though the white out promo had been done all over the country just like this black alternates thing. UNC & ECU did black helmets before NC State? Cool, NC State did black uniforms before UNC & ECU. Who cares.

Me too. Only helmet change I wanna see is the white helmet to come back for a couple games a year.

Memo to NC State Fans: You've followed every single team in North Carolina for black helmets. Duke, UNC, Wake, East Carolina, Appalachian State... The list goes on and on.

Don't get the point of this post? It is like when the Utah State guy said BYU ripped off the "white out" idea from USU just because USU was the first in the state to do it, even though the white out promo had been done all over the country just like this black alternates thing. UNC & ECU did black helmets before NC State? Cool, NC State did black uniforms before UNC & ECU. Who cares.

Nobody is really that original anymore, that's all that these fans have for having things "first" , they are just grabbing at straws now

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Nobody is really that original anymore, that's all that these fans have for having things "first" , they are just grabbing at straws now

To his defense, NC State has grabbed at other successful ideas a few times, including this glaring ripoff of ECU:

ncsuecumidfield.jpg

Archived