College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

And both look absolutely awful. Save those "state themed" field art for states like Texas, California, and Florida. Not dweeby states like North Carolina. :lol:

At least Colorado and Wyoming haven't done this yet.

Surprisingly enough Wyoming did have a state outline at the center of their basketball court in the 80's. Yellowstone borders for added effect I suppose. I have a picture somewhere I'll have to dig up

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't imagine a field in Wyoming with anything brown and yellow on it as it would look like a pile crap. Nothing against your team but their colors are not eye popping.

spacer.png

And both look absolutely awful. Save those "state themed" field art for states like Texas, California, and Florida. Not dweeby states like North Carolina. :lol:

Are you kidding me? ECU's looks great.

Indeed. ECU's midfield logo is one of the best in all of cfb.

this thread always makes me so incredibly grateful that i was born into an alabama crimson tide household.

Auburn fan here. Thankfully our schools haven't given in to this junk.

The AU logo is one of the most timeless logos in sports. One of the few older sports logos that has aged fairly well

I've seen very few variants of the logo. Mainly just different sizes in the A and/or U. But it's been pretty much the same for over 50 years now. I love wearing it almost daily.

I give auburn credit for being consistent and establishing their own tradition but having an A laid on top of a U seems rather pedestrian design wise. Something is just lacking. Their football uniforms are clean and traditional with a very 1970's vibe but they also seem to be lacking any distinctive qualities.

Is Ohio State going with their chrome rivalry helmet full time this upcoming season? A lot of their promotional pics posted on the athletic department's facebook page has players wearing these helmets.

Mind sharing a few of those pictures on here?

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I mean, if you're gonna go with an actual wolf on your helmet, there's better ways to go all in:

2vuyhkw.png

Talk about legendary, and just as funny as NC State's football program.

This is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!

I was kind of hoping NCST just hands their kids a bunch of those spirit wolf tshirts.

03450.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Is Ohio State going with their chrome rivalry helmet full time this upcoming season? A lot of their promotional pics posted on the athletic hidepartment's facebook page has players wearing these helmets.

I doubt they would be worn full time unless Ohio State switched to the alts full time. They'll probably still be in rotation though. If the promo stuff is from game photos, that doesn't mean much.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

A bunch of uga football players were tweeting/retweeting this around the other day. They seemed to enjoy it. Another similar "fake" was floating around, except with a normal logo and white-red-white helmet stripe

Richt won't let it happen, but it may be only a matter of time before a black alternate returns for a one-time deal. Players love the black jerseys. If it does happen, I wouldn't mind seeing silver numbers instead of white, I think that would look pretty nice with the silver britches.

854152575.jpg?1400870141

A bunch of uga football players were tweeting/retweeting this around the other day. They seemed to enjoy it. Another similar "fake" was floating around, except with a normal logo and white-red-white helmet stripe

Richt won't let it happen, but it may be only a matter of time before a black alternate returns for a one-time deal. Players love the black jerseys. If it does happen, I wouldn't mind seeing silver numbers instead of white, I think that would look pretty nice with the silver britches.

854152575.jpg?1400870141

Woah, that is a really rough photoshop job.

Archived