College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Really cool how they do this.

I really miss the design from the old grass field. That was understated and classy. The bright red endzones don't have the same elegance and, like their home jerseys, there's no gray to be found anywhere.

ohio_stadium.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is that the 3rd turf installation for ohio state?

Sure seem like they change their turf a lot when most only change it every 5-10 years.

That's a perk of being rich.

What makes no sense is that they aren't buying turf that can last long enough.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Yea consider me disappointed with the new turf installation.

Seems like a waste--replacing all the turf without making any changes.

I could understand if it was just an amazingly timeless/classic design, but it's not.

Should have added some gray and minimized the black.

If I had it my way, the B1G logo would have color (or be gone entirely...) and the endzone font would match the primary logo's/basketball uniform's.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Sure seem like they change their turf a lot when most only change it every 5-10 years.

This is the first reinstall since the switch to field turf in 2007. The program did go through 2-3 grass fields in 2006 as the field sits next to the Olentangy River and is beneath the water table.

They're ripping up the Ohio Stadium field now to keep it in the same cycle as the two practice fields they're redoing.

This is a $45 million department-wide project:

-new FieldTurf at the Shoe, indoor practice field, outdoor practice field (football)

-new sod for natural grass practice field (football)

-new locker room and lighting at the practice facility (football)

-permanent lights at the Shoe, addition of 2600 seats (football/lacrosse)

-second practice court to split men's/women's basketball

-new locker room and meeting rooms for basketball/hockey

-golf performance center

-new scoreboards for baseball, track and softball venues

-complete resurfacing of the track and all varsity tennis courts

In short, lots of deferred maintenance that the AD wanted to do at once for continuity. The field at the indoor football facility in particular was showing its 27-year old age.

This is the first reinstall since the switch to field turf in 2007. The program did go through 2-3 grass fields in 2006 as the field sits next to the Olentangy River and is beneath the water table.

They're ripping up the Ohio Stadium field now to keep it in the same cycle as the two practice fields they're redoing.

-new FieldTurf at the Shoe, indoor practice field, outdoor practice field (football)

-golf performance center

In short, lots of deferred maintenance that the AD wanted to do at once for continuity. The field at the indoor football facility in particular was showing its 27-year old age.

Makes sense now why they're replacing everything at once. I know Oregon does things in cycles and rotates which buildings get upgrades/deferred maintenance, mainly due to not having the revenue a school like tOSU has.

-golf performance center

Makes sense now why they're replacing everything at once. I know Oregon does things in cycles and rotates which buildings get upgrades/deferred maintenance, mainly due to not having the revenue a school like tOSU has.

Oregon isn't exactly going through hard times. It's not like Ohio State has double or triple the revenue that Oregon has.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They just finished putting heating coils under TCF Bank Stadium, paid for in full by the Vikings. The end zones will remain "MINNESOTA" but painted white/purple on Sundays and maroon/gold on Saturdays.

Nice upgrade for the Gophers. One of the few perks of having a pro team in town, I suppose.

They just finished putting heating coils under TCF Bank Stadium, paid for in full by the Vikings. The end zones will remain "MINNESOTA" but painted white/purple on Sundays and maroon/gold on Saturdays.

Nice upgrade for the Gophers. One of the few perks of having a pro team in town, I suppose.

I'm actually surprised they didn't put that in initially when they built the stadium. I seriously doubt it would have added that much to the overall cost of the stadium.

Archived