College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Has anyone seen this? I saw this on the Bleacher report and it says it isnt confirmed that Bama will use it but rumors are swerling that Bama will wear this against WVU.

a75dd3a21541bf9dd62131b7a51bab1f_crop_no

Absolutely love it, even though it will never see the field.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen this? I saw this on the Bleacher report and it says it isnt confirmed that Bama will use it but rumors are swerling that Bama will wear this against WVU.

That is hideous and I hope it never sees the field! You would not be able to see the number in the sunlight from 5 yards away. Chrome sucks and I wish it would go away!

spacer.png

That is hideous and I hope it never sees the field! You would not be able to see the number in the sunlight from 5 yards away. Chrome sucks and I wish it would go away!

The only time chrome doesn't suck, is when the decals are chrome on a normal, glossy helmet.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The only time chrome doesn't suck, is when the decals are chrome on a normal, glossy helmet.

If the numbers were stickers, this would be better

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Eastern Michigan will be installing grey field turf at Rynearson Stadium in time for the 2014 season, and will be referring to it as "The Factory" because of the "blue collar area Ypsilanti is". Actually, Ypsi is more of a welfare and food stamps kind of area, with safety being a major concern off campus, and spilling onto campus. But I digress...

-9740b4b82fe9e39f.jpg

More photos and writeup at the link

Eastern Michigan will be installing grey field turf at Rynearson Stadium in time for the 2014 season, and will be referring to it as "The Factory" because of the "blue collar area Ypsilanti is". Actually, Ypsi is more of a welfare and food stamps kind of area, with safety being a major concern off campus, and spilling onto campus. But I digress...

-9740b4b82fe9e39f.jpg

More photos and writeup at the link

As someone who received a Masters degree at EMU, all I can say is...

Eck.

As far as I remember, gray isn't even an official school color.

Woo...clipart adidas uniforms...

Thankfully, turf football fields are so much better than turf baseball fields. I'm just tired of the copy-cat nature of everything college football. One-off uniforms and such are alright, simply because you can do it once as an experiment and be done with it if need be. But a turf field is there to stay for a good while. Well, unless a pothole opens up beneath the field...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I wish teams would just stop ditching their school colors for the sake of ditching their school colors. Eastern's colors are green and white, so why add some random shade of grey? It's not like people are going to all of a sudden show up for EMU football to see a grey field. All this does is :censored: off the alumni who've grown up bleeding green and white (and many of them are still upset about the nickname being changed from Hurons to Eagles to begin with).

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

I wish teams would just stop ditching their school colors for the sake of ditching their school colors. Eastern's colors are green and white, so why add some random shade of grey? It's not like people are going to all of a sudden show up for EMU football to see a grey field. All this does is :censored: off the alumni who've grown up bleeding green and white (and many of them are still upset about the nickname being changed from Hurons to Eagles to begin with).

There's people bleeding green & white for EMU...yikes

EMU FOOTBALL

Final record and Average Homegame Attendance

2012: 2-10 | 3,923

2011: 6-6 | 4,267

2010: 2-10 | 15,885

2009: 0-12 | 5,016

2008: 3-9 | 18,951

2007: 4-8 | 7,448

2006: 1-11 | 14,734

2005: 4-7 | 5,219

2004: 4-7 | 16,060

2003: 3-9 | 11,258

2002: 3-9 | 5,000

EMU FOOTBALL

Something odd about those numbers. Every even year they double except 2002 and 2012…weird.

I thought the NCAA was to not allow any other FBS schools, besides Boise, have colored turfs.

There is no NCAA rule covering color of turf.

The only color rule is that the yard lines and boundaries must be white and contrast with the color of the turf in all areas, including the end zone.

Boise applied for trademark protection for blue turf, but I'm not sure it's been formally awarded.

At least it'll be easier to look at than Eastern Washington. Their field gives me headaches. And the rule was that the jersey couldn't match the field color, which means Michigan State, Oregon and others would never wear their listed home jerseys at all. Boise did have a restriction for Mountain West games but when they backed out of the Big East/AAC they were allowed to wear all blue at home again.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

EMU FOOTBALL

Something odd about those numbers. Every even year they double except 2002 and 2012…weird.

I'd assume the bigger/closer rivals play at EMU during the even years...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

At least it'll be easier to look at than Eastern Washington. Their field gives me headaches. And the rule was that the jersey couldn't match the field color, which means Michigan State, Oregon and others would never wear their listed home jerseys at all. Boise did have a restriction for Mountain West games but when they backed out of the Big East/AAC they were allowed to wear all blue at home again.

No the rule was that all elements (jersey,pants and helmet) couldn't match the colour if the field. Disallowing Boise from wearing monochrome blue and anyone else mono green

Archived