College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicholls State, my alma mater, posted the following picture to their Instagram account last week. We've had metallic silver shells for as far back as I can remember despite the school colors being red and gray. After seeing the Washington State rebrand several years back with the gray helmets, I thought we'd look goo in those...but I'm not really a fan of matte gray:mKA37Lv.png

Here's the most recent look. The gray does match the pants better....I just wish we could get the correct logo on the helmets:940x.jpg

I thought they revealed that last year? And what is different from the helmet logo and your avatar? Tough to see...

Plus, could they not have moved the adidas logo to the chest? Ugh, damn you adidas...again...

Nope. I've never seen a matte gray helmet for us. They unveiled black jerseys last year though.

Here's the logo that been on the helmets.....but we did a rebrand probably 5 years ago to eliminate that hideous beveled logo:

nicholls%20logo.jpg

Here's the current logo which corrected a mistake from the previous look by having the sword once again interwoven through the "N" - the new helmet picture has a non-beveled "N" but with the sword still behind the letter.

Nicholls_N_Monogram_3-CLR.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

GeauxColonels, that would absolutely drive me crazy. On a similar note, prior to last season when they changed the helmet design, Dorman High School did the same kind of thing for several years and it drove me nuts. They used to have the sword pointed to the front of the helmet (like it naturally should have been) but eventually they all started ending up going towards the back of the helmet. Such a simple fix, what a shame.

33144.jpg

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Nicholls State, my alma mater, posted the following picture to their Instagram account last week. We've had metallic silver shells for as far back as I can remember despite the school colors being red and gray. After seeing the Washington State rebrand several years back with the gray helmets, I thought we'd look goo in those...but I'm not really a fan of matte gray:mKA37Lv.png

Here's the most recent look. The gray does match the pants better....I just wish we could get the correct logo on the helmets:940x.jpg

I thought they revealed that last year? And what is different from the helmet logo and your avatar? Tough to see...

Plus, could they not have moved the adidas logo to the chest? Ugh, damn you adidas...again...

Nope. I've never seen a matte gray helmet for us. They unveiled black jerseys last year though.

Here's the logo that been on the helmets.....but we did a rebrand probably 5 years ago to eliminate that hideous beveled logo:

nicholls%20logo.jpg

Here's the current logo which corrected a mistake from the previous look by having the sword once again interwoven through the "N" - the new helmet picture has a non-beveled "N" but with the sword still behind the letter.

Nicholls_N_Monogram_3-CLR.jpg

Now it makes sense. And I guess I just saw that matte grey lid on the equipment manager's twitter page.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I personally think that if we go with gray helmets versus the traditional metallic gray (aka Silver) then we should go the route of the glossy Washington State gray helmets:

5706104.jpg

There's something about Wazu's grey that has always bugged me. I'm really not sure what it is. Maybe the grey mask. Maybe the shade of grey. I have no clue. But it drives me nuts.

ojNNazQ.jpg

I personally think that if we go with gray helmets versus the traditional metallic gray (aka Silver) then we should go the route of the glossy Washington State gray helmets:

5706104.jpg

There's something about Wazu's grey that has always bugged me. I'm really not sure what it is. Maybe the grey mask. Maybe the shade of grey. I have no clue. But it drives me nuts.

I like the dark gray helmets better, but the light grey jerseys are better.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

5706104.jpg

They only have the lighter grey. A darker grey, almost black, pair of pants though.

New-Washington-State-Football-Uniforms.j

ojNNazQ.jpg

5706104.jpg

They only have the lighter grey. A darker grey, almost black, pair of pants though.

Nevermind...found the dark grey top.

SRX_WSU_001_tt.1_t940.jpg?e9219e083a78a4

ojNNazQ.jpg

5706104.jpg

The only thing that bothers me about the helmet is the varying shades of gray between the helmet and facemask. I would hope that we would either be able to get a facemask which matched better or go with a red grill if that look isn't achievable.

gYH2mW9.png

For the first several years whenever I saw the Nicholls State logo, I just thought the NU Athletic Department was adding a sword so we could be more badass.

I was like 12.

u5a0z147qunbzxwnec8ef7bkl.gif83e3a2hhd0ojwgsgift2xdcyd.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

5706104.jpg

I was not on these boards ( I don't believe) at the release of these uniforms so I am not exactly sure I know the overall "opinion" on this, but I find Washington States new threads to be fantastic. That gray helmet really sparkles.

I've noticed on Chicago billboards that Northwestern is using the white helmet with the purple N more than before in advertising. Maybe it's just a way to showcase the purple N but maybe worth watching.

I hope they use the purple lid more than the white.

ISU didn't want to get left out of the helmet stupidity so they now have a matte helmet.

BrdflPlCUAIz2ry.jpg

The gray facemask looks 100x worse on the matte helmet compare to their normal helmet.

Why the hell would Missouri ever leave the SEC for the B10?

I'm still trying to figure out why the SEC wanted them.

Money, especially the St.Louis Market.

Precisely! When the league splits all the revenue, you can have a crappy team like Kentucky and still make millions of dollars.

spacer.png

ISU didn't want to get left out of the helmet stupidity so they now have a matte helmet.

BrdflPlCUAIz2ry.jpg

That looks terrible. Red is the absolute worst color in matte. I didn't even like Iowa State's design anyway, they look like a cheap USC ripoff.

Archived