Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the striping here, especially on the clash. I like that you didn't really alter the crest, it stands as one of my favorite NASL crest, great work on the last couple as well, the crest striping on the Whitecaps is fun as well.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I think he was going for Fort Worth lol. I do like seeing both in concepts - Ft Worth and Dallas - but they are really close and I think if its either El Paso or FW, its gonna be El Paso due to the fact its not close to another team.

Great clean up on San Antonio!

As a guy who probably lives about 30 minutes away from the Scorpions, hometown approved. Your series has been nothing less than stellar, raysox, even though I've lurked a good bit through most of it. The amount of effort, thought, and overall soccer knowledge and the back stories put into these are nothing less than stellar. This is probably the best thread I've seen on the concepts forum since I've signed up. Spectacular work.

103scpl.jpg

ATX FC
Austin was emerging as a new Portland-style city. A lot of hip young people building a community together. As one of the bigger US markets, a lot of people were pushing for a pro soccer team. The Austin Aztex folded in 2015 due to financial issues, leaving the team soccer-free. A group of Longhorns, teamed with soccer fans from the city started a movement for a lower tier side. Something that could organically grow and be uniquely Austin. Almost 8,000 people joined in the movement and a group of investors would buy a team set to play in the USL in 2020. ATX FC won the fan vote for a name. The badge and uniforms were released and the town went nuts for soccer. The first year was played at House Park, former home of the Aztex. Using local player the first year, the team finished .500. They looked at places to build a soccer specific stadium after the first year, thanks to home sell outs of 5,000 every game. The narrowed down list for potential locations was outside of town at the Circuit of the Americas complex, or across the Colorado River from the Austin City Limits festival. The latter was chosen thanks to the proximity to downtown. With the plans to a 15,000 seat stadium(with possible expansion room), the city built a pedestrian bridge for easy access. Fueled by soccer fans, college students on vacation, and people looking to support the team, ATX FC sold out every home game at House Park. The move to the new stadium was an easy one. With the move, the owners attempted to build the team from the top, due to the youth system still gaining talent. MLS players from the area were bought in an attempt to unify everyone. An Argentine player was bought to help out at Mid, and a defender from Trinidad & Tobago plugged the holes in the back. The clubs on the field success never flourished. In their 4th season, they made the playoffs for the first time. A striker who had played abroad, but quit to go to school at UT was brought in as a back up. He returned to form and led the team with 17 goals in 2025. At this point, 14,000 fans was the norm. The support sent a message to the USL and the higher up leagues for a possible move. No jump was made, thanks to the owner not wanting to rush things, and the possible tier system being in place in the near future. The lure of playing in front of such great fans is a big part of signing the players they need. A few years off, and ATX might be playing with the big boys of US Soccer. I loved the colors used on that NHL SuperLeague Ducks concept. I've been meaning to do a stripe pattern like this, but had no way to connect it to a team. I wrote down Austin for these colors, not knowing what I wanted to do. I just kinda kept adding until I thought I was done! The star and curls and rope are my nod to Texas, with "Keep Austin Weird" at the bottom because I thought that'd be hilarious.

Austin_zps5f403624.png

This is actually my favorite concept so far.

Sweet color scheme. As an avid Austin goer I can tell you these would be perfect, but I wouldn't shy away from having just a little more "weird" thrown in there to really hammer the idea home.

The triple stripe is interesting but instead of a gradient, why not try a gradual pixelation composed of a certain key shape like stars? I'll also suggest elongating the middle stripe just a bit lower for somewhat of a banner effect.

Midway.png

WOW!!! Give me that Dark Blue Violet jersey now!!! the colourssssss oh my, I love it!!! I love it so much, I didnt notice it had no sponsor!

I like Midway's star Idea for the clash, but the gradient isnt bad at all especially without a sponsor.

Thanks everyone, my biggest concern was getting the opinion of the fans of each team. So far they've been positive reviews so I can't complain!

But if FC Dallas didn't play in Frisco, I would've thought Ft.Worth as a candidate!

lol.

Yeah, it was Fort Worth, but growing up here and being right next to Dallas, I know how it is.

I'll end up making my own concept for MLS in this city. But that's gonna have to wait.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Don't worry Nas1787, your Canadian Soccer pyramid still exists in this world(Switching Winnipeg and Saskatchewan, but still)

Well that's good news. Now I just need to finish mine off. At the rate you're going, you'll be done long before I am.

Big fan of what you did for the Whitecaps by the way. I got a Whitecaps home shirt for Christmas but it didn't fit. I haven't replaced it yet because now I'm holding out for their new away and thirds to see if there is anything I like. I'd take the away kit you have here, fo sho.

FC Dallas
For one of the original MLS clubs, FCD has yet to make a huge impact on the American game. Being overshadowed in such a big market, not winning won’t gain any fan interest. After another 5 losing seasons, they were losing fans. Rumors of a club trying to be formed in Ft. Worth sparked some intuition in the front offices. They needed something to happen to claim the whole Dallas-Ft. Worth area as their own. The owners went out and signed a Mexican National Team striker away from his Liga MX team. With the addition of him, and a solid core of youngsters coming up through the ranks, they thought their job was done. After starting out 0-3-2, they axed their manager. The guy to fill the whole on the bench was a Colombian manager, recently fired from the National Team’s spot after not advancing from the Group of Death in the 2018 World Cup. With an extensive knowledge of the Colombian youth ladder, he went out and bought a Midfielder, who he claimed to be the next super star. With another addition of a Right Back picked up from RSL, the team was under new management. After 3 more games, the players started to buy into the system. Being last in the West was a steep mountain to climb, but Dallas started winning thanks to the play of their new toys. Road wins over Sporting, Houston, and Colorado took them out of the basement. The stands still weren’t completely full. A member of the supporters group pitched the idea of a bus route from Frisco to certain areas to make travel for fans easier. Routes to Dallas, Arlington, and Ft. Worth helped out immensely. They started an actual soccer culture. FC Dallas got to .500 that season, and stayed around there and missed the playoffs. A better soccer culture was being built. Former FCD player Brek Shea came back the next season to play for his former club. Another addition to the team earning its footing helped out. They made the playoffs in 2020 before being eliminated by Portland. After that season, their Colombian stud was bought by AS Monaco. They never really returned to the same form. In the 9 seasons since, they have an above .500 record, but only 4 playoff positions. They relied heavily on the development of their own players. When ATX FC was formed, they worked on a deal to be a parent club. Only one or two players became stars from the deal. The same manager is behind the helm, holding the franchise records in wins, seasons, and win percentage. The red homes are close to great. I simplified the stripes, but not make them full hoops. The clash jersey is blue and red, because it’s too similar to the home set in real life.

Dallas_zps91227861.png

Nice and simple for Dallas. I think if they keep this style long enough, it will represent the brand as a whole so I'm glad you kept it. Only problem I have is the name and number should be moved up a bit to balance the stripes out, but everything else is good.

FC Dallas

For one of the original MLS clubs, FCD has yet to make a huge impact on the American game. Being overshadowed in such a big market, not winning won’t gain any fan interest. After another 5 losing seasons, they were losing fans. Rumors of a club trying to be formed in Ft. Worth sparked some intuition in the front offices. They needed something to happen to claim the whole Dallas-Ft. Worth area as their own. The owners went out and signed a Mexican National Team striker away from his Liga MX team. With the addition of him, and a solid core of youngsters coming up through the ranks, they thought their job was done. After starting out 0-3-2, they axed their manager. The guy to fill the whole on the bench was a Columbian manager, recently fired from the National Team’s spot after not advancing from the Group of Death in the 2018 World Cup. With an extensive knowledge of the Columbian youth ladder, he went out and bought a Midfielder, who he claimed to be the next super star. With another addition of a Right Back picked up from RSL, the team was under new management. After 3 more games, the players started to buy into the system. Being last in the West was a steep mountain to climb, but Dallas started winning thanks to the play of their new toys. Road wins over Sporting, Houston, and Colorado took them out of the basement. The stands still weren’t completely full. A member of the supporters group pitched the idea of a bus route from Frisco to certain areas to make travel for fans easier. Routes to Dallas, Arlington, and Ft. Worth helped out immensely. They started an actual soccer culture. FC Dallas got to .500 that season, and stayed around there and missed the playoffs. A better soccer culture was being built. Former FCD player Brek Shea came back the next season to play for his former club. Another addition to the team earning its footing helped out. They made the playoffs in 2020 before being eliminated by Portland. After that season, their Columbian stud was bought by AS Monaco. They never really returned to the same form. In the 9 seasons since, they have an above .500 record, but only 4 playoff positions. They relied heavily on the development of their own players. When ATX FC was formed, they worked on a deal to be a parent club. Only one or two players became stars from the deal. The same manager is behind the helm, holding the franchise records in wins, seasons, and win percentage. The red homes are close to great. I simplified the stripes, but not make them full hoops. The clash jersey is blue and red, because it’s too similar to the home set in real life.

Dallas_zps91227861.png

That all sounds like things that actually would happen.

Just an FYI, there is existing and planned commuter rail here in DFW. The existing TRE that runs downtown to downtown from Fort Worth to Dallas and back.

One of the planned rail lines runs from SWFW (where I live) to the DFW Airport, which would connect to another rail that runs through Plano. It's supposed to open in 2018 and would be very helpful, because I speak for most Fort Worthians when I say that I'm not driving all the way out to :censored:ing Frisco for ANYTHING.

As for the uniforms, good job as always. Never got used to 'FC Dallas' but I guess it's a better name than the Dallas Burn....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived