Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

Northern Virginia Cavalry

This team almost never happened. They began building a baseball stadium in Ashburn, VA for the Cavalry and an independent team to play there in 2014. The stadium wasn’t finished, and they delayed the start until 2015.

The first NASL season wasn’t one to write home about. The team finished last, and almost folded. They hung in there, trying to stay afloat with NASL free agents, and USL players looking to take the next step. They were late in the game to build a youth system, and in such a competitive soccer state, they weren’t able to get many good athletes. Their first good player they got was a defender from the University of Virginia, who wasn’t drafted in the MLS draft. He helped the team out, earning a NASL best XI. That year, NoVa signed a deal with DC United to host players for them to get first team playing time. With that deal, DC United scooped up their best player. The team had another down year with only a few players from DC playing for them. They went out and signed an Israeli player from FC Ashdad trying to take the next step in his career. They still weren’t doing great on the field, but the supporters were coming. The location in Ashburn was closer and less crowded than getting to Buzzard Point in downtown DC. They knew that the players that took the field were playing for a glorified minor league team. They signed the assistant coach from DC United during the Spanish manager’s regime as their new head coach. He turned the team around, and earned the first over .500 season in team history. Another positive season, and he was hired as the manager for AC St. Louis. NoVa’s biggest rivals, the Richmond Kickers, were starting a fierce-one sided rivalry. The Kickers won the first 8 meetings between the teams before the Cavs beat them on the stretch run of a season so Richmond would miss the playoffs. Northern Virginia is the weakest team in League One. They should be relegated if they continue to sputter along. They have the lowest capacity stadium in League One, so they might feel more at home in League Two.

I replaced the grey with pewter because that color scheme was overused. I also changed the name to Northern Virginia, because I thought that was the team name until recently! The kits are Under Armour, and I just kinda made what I thought looked good.

NoVa.png

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I should've read the Memphis post before I asked what kit it was. After I asked, I looked up and saw that you had put that you used Warrior kits. That's what I guess for not reading, I guess.

The last four kits since then have been pretty good. I especially like DC United's kits. Very nice.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

You made that hideous DC United jerseys look nice. The VW sponsor never worked for me (its the capital of the US yet sponsored my a german car company?) but hid its obnoxiousness. Good job.

Halifax United

The team is truly one that is from two teams uniting. There were two Canadian league teams in Halifax. They were competing with each other, and had a bitter rivalry, but the proximity of each other made it hard to attract talent. Both teams couldn’t sustain themselves with the talent split. The CFL announced a 10th team in Halifax to start play in 2019, and a new 22,000 seat stadium would be built downtown. Both soccer teams were losing a lot of money, and worked out a deal to merge the rivals in order to better the chance of surviving. They would begin playing in the USL in 2019 at the new stadium. After that, Halifax United were born.

The merging the funds and fields helped out the academy for the big team. A player that came up through the system for Halifax was the team’s first big player. In attack, he only had 5 shots not on target his rookie year, and scored a total of 22 goals. The city took notice, and started to come out every weekend to support both the soccer and football team. He became the first big name. The team didn’t do so hot, but had a lot of talent from the merger of the two teams. 5 new players were in the opening day starting XI the second year, including two players picked up from Ottawa and Montreal. Their superstar came out and had a hat trick in the first game. He went on to score 26 goals, a USL record. In the offseason, Halifax sold him to Montreal. He had been starting for the Canadian National Team, so his stock was rising and the deal was too good for United to refuse. That was the first deal in the history of the two franchises, who Montreal agreed to send their youth players to Halifax for seasoning. The team became stronger with the mostly Canadian talent. Many pro players from the Maritimes would play there to play in front of their home crowd. The former player led Canada to their first World Cup win in 2022 over Qatar. He was sold from Montreal to Everton after the 2022 season. Canadian soccer was blowing up, a lot of youth players came in, which would feed the team for years to come. The team had a miraculous run to the Canadian Championship finals in 2025, but lost to Montreal due to the deal not allowing their players to play against the MLS club. Halifax has no trophies, but they are always in the mix, and a scary team to play when they get hot. They’re an outside shot for promotion, but they are responsible for growing the game in Canada.

The crest shape was taken from nas’ Halifax team in his Canadian league. The colors are taken from the color of the Renault F1 team from 2007 or so. I thought I could do something cool. The crest has the fort shape, the kingfisher from the Halifax flag, and some more symbols from the same flag. I went navy on the home, and yellow and orange on the clash jersey. I wanted unique and colorful for them, and I think I accomplished it.

Halifax.png

Ottawa Fury

The Fury’s new reincarnation started playing in the NASL in 2014. The first team was a lot of free agent players from around the league, playing in the new Redblacks stadium.

They weren’t that great, but that was what was expected of the first team. The second year, the main focus of the team was signing Canadian players. Several free agents from American MLS teams that were from Canada. They tried the hardest out of the now 5 Canadian teams to stay domestic in the free agent market. They also wanted to build up a youth system from the get go. They built a facility outside of the city to grow the team. Led by a Canadian manager, the team was contending for the playoff spot in the NASL before running out of gas at the end of the season. Going into 2018, the Redblacks were struggling financially, before the Fury owners bought up the team. They now had two teams to manage in the capital. The Fury had 22 Canadian players on a 26 man roster. But the team wasn’t getting better thanks to how far behind Canada was in the soccer world. They worked on a deal to bring a player dropped from his SPL side to Ottawa. He was the cornerstone of the 2020 team, helping out at mid and being the main form of offense on the counter attack. After two years and the first playoff birth in team history, Vancouver picked him up with a better contract. The team is known for overachieving in the Canadian Championship. A fierce rivalry between Ottawa and Toronto was formed after matching up in the domestic tournament 6 straight years. The soccer RedBlacks have no league or domestic trophies, and normally they’re in the bottom half. Expect a bottom half finish in 2030, but not bad enough to be relegated. The problem with the team is that they rely too much on domestic players. The team has some future with a pretty good youth system, but eventually the bigger Canadian clubs scoop them up. With the increased Soccer League salary cap, the team has some room to spread their legs if they want to compete.

The half red, half black uniforms return for this team. But the one thing wrong with them was the current have the pattern continue to the pants. The clash is white, different from the black current clash, which is kind of stupid. Just one of those teams I had to do kits for. I had a harder time vectorizing the logo than I did doing the concept, to be honest.

Ottawa.png

That Halifax crest is absolute class. Love it.

DC United, first of all, WE GOT OUR NEW STADIUM HALLELUJAH! 2nd, as I told you before, the crest is very good, like Mockba I always thought the orange star and ball look out of place but the DC flag in the back makes up for it. VW is no longer the sponsor but it doesnt really matter in this concept. The jerseys look close to the last 2 years, which is our best in years imo. Great job.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

To be fair to the Fury, they haven't announced their jerseys yet. I believe the red/black split and all black jerseys you speak of are the different options for the home kit. So it is unlikely that the clash kit will be all black. That being said, what you've come up with would work perfectly for them.

Halifax is great, that shape is just too good not to use. Nice colours too.

Winnipeg Bison SC
Soccer in the ‘peg has a short history. WSA Winnipeg began playing in 2011. The USLPDL team was playing under the World Soccer Academy umbrella. This brought up a lot of talent for the team, which started to play pretty good for a team buried on the 4th tier of the Canadian soccer pyramid. The players would get picked up by larger Canadian clubs. In 2024, the announcement was made for the new tier system to be in place. WSA Winnipeg had a great team, winning two championships in the 2020s, and producing some players that went to the World Cup. Winnipeg wanted to make the jump and grab a spot in the USL while they could, but the funds weren’t there. That is when the True North Entertainment Group stepped up to fund the move. Under the deal, the same personnel would run the team, but TNEG would be the source of the funds. They worked out a deal with the Blue Bombers to split Investors Group Field. This was the 4th team to split a stadium with a CFL franchise. They rebranded to a simple crest, based off of many Bundesliga looks. The crest featured a bison and wheat to represent Manitoba.

The first team was made of a lot of players looking for a way back into the top flight. NASL and USL free agents from all over came to Winnipeg. They were teamed with the team that WSA Winnipeg built up over the years. The first game was against the Calgary Owls, starting a rivalry between the two clubs. Winnipeg was known for being good on the youth front, but that was good for the 4th tier, not so much the USL tier. With the teams and systems getting better all around Canada, they don’t have much of a choice than to go to free agency to bolster the team. Competing with Halifax and Calgary on the 3rd tier, the teams wanted to best eachother. Winnipeg’s first big signing was a player from Manitoba that had been playing on Richmond. He had a first team spot, but knew that he was going to be forced out by a youth player, so he bolted back to his home. The Bisons had their best season in 2027. They brought in a keeper from Columbus that had been replaced by a draft pick. He proceeded to be a wall in back, with the help of defenders from Saudi Arabia, and Mexico that have floated around in US soccer. Winnipeg claims to have the best fans in Canadian soccer. The Voyager’s group in Winnipeg has the largest fan base in the group, and the Prairie Boys fan group is known as the Timbers Army of the north. Promotion might be a stretch for this team, because they’re so young, and don’t have the market like other teams that started in 2024. That, and the academy is still being tooled up for assault on the Soccer League.

I had no idea what I wanted to do for Winnipeg. On my spreadsheet, I wrote in brown and yellow just as a place holder for the color scheme. My girlfriend was saying how Providence City’s crest is so different from all the others. That logo was pretty German in origin, no words, just icons and numbers. So in my head I kinda just did the same thing. The wheat is from the Winnipeg yakball team I did, and the bison is a full body version of a Bills rebrand I worked on a while ago but never posted. I thought an all-checkered team might be a good unique look for a team that stood out as one of the cooler teams in the series.

Winnipeg.png

Calgary Owls

The Owls were the dream of a rich soccer fan in Calgary. He attempted to lure a team there, mostly for his own satisfaction. When Real Salt Lake was in trouble, he started a movement to buy the team, and move them up north. He released an identity for the team, named the Owls (the provincial bird of Alberta), with an Owl sitting ontop of a ball like his favorite EPL side Tottenham. He even had the plans for a 20,000 seat stadium to be built, nicknamed the Bird House. RSL was saved, and remained in the beehive state. But two struggling USL franchises were his next target. Tulsa and Colorado Springs began play in 2015. Both teams were on the verge of folding in 2019, when he bought Colorado Springs, and moved them to Alberta. The stadium plans were released, and construction on the privately funded 15,000 seat stadium started.

They started playing in McMahan Stadium for the first two seasons. Attendance was mediocre, and the Calgary press called the team a bust. The highest attendance was from a friendly against Edmonton, the first game in the history of the Alberta Challenge. He was a firm believer in the club, saying how they’re going to be built for the MLS. The academy was set up, and the team claimed to be set for the future. The first big signings were in 2020. Former Whitecaps Corey Hertzog and Bryce Alderson came to the Rockies to play for the Owls. This sparked some interest, two former MLS players came to the team to help them grow. The team made a run for the 2021 championship, before being knocked out by Dayton as they won 3 straight cups. The Owls got national attention for a fight that broke out between fans of Edmonton and fans of Calgary. The Calgary fans claim something was said involving a cow. Calgary’s supporters are known as goons by the rest of the Canadian soccer community. After this incident, the supporters went by the moniker “The Whooligans” When the tier announcement was made, the Owl’s owner might’ve been the most excited. Finally, a chance to jump up to the MLS. He vowed to make the team competitive by 2030. The team has had a few youth players go up through the system and play first team. One midfielder in particular earned a USL best starting XI in 2025. He was sold to Houston in time for the 2027 campaign. They bought two players with the money from that deal, both from NASL sides. The Owls can definitely compete for promotion, but League Two is very competitive. They’re gonna have to get by teams like Dayton, Hearts, and ATX before they can make League One. They do have the support for a team that could play in the MLS one day.

I had this logo drawn way back before I even did West Texas. The idea was simple, but I couldn’t get it right. I decided it needed to be simple, and have no detail on the bird, just to make it easier on myself, and your eyes. The logo was inspired by Tottenham obviously. I actually really liked how it turned out. The uniforms are pretty damn basic, but that was from me wanting a simple identity that would look like it has existed for years.

Calgary.png

i just don't think that st louis and louisville should have a fleur di lis

Well both their flags have it, both names are in fact French and you are the only one here that doest know that the Fleur-de-Lis can also represent those 2 American cities.

As for the actual teams you posted, great as always. I really love brown jerseys fro Winniniininipeg and its nice to see the Brown/Gold combo. Not sure if I like the home or clash better. I'd probably go with home because stains are less visible :P

The Owls are simple but I do like the one-colour logo. It very much reminds me of the Hotspurs - as mentioned.

Winnipeg: The particular brown and yellow you chose make this look pretty nice. I'd replace the date in the crest with a W, though; something to tie it a little more to Winnipeg.

Calgary: This feels like a rare complete miss. Another black/red team, in Canada no less. The silhouette doesn't do it for me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived