Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Louisville Premier

In 2019, a business man from Louisville, inspired by the US's World Cup victory, figures "I can do that!" He buys the old Cardinal Stadium, and begins build a new great 10,000 seat stadium with room to expand. Louisville Premier joins the USL in 2021, but can't compete due to most of the budget going to the stadium. He offers contracts to graduating soccer players from the Louisville Cardinals, who have a rich history in the game. The team starts slow because many players retire to follow their major. In 2025, he turns an abandoned lot a block from the stadium into a state of the art youth and training facility. The team is set for the future, but still remains in the mid to low USL. The colors are Red/Black/Yellow since that color seems to match the city. I didn't want to just do "FC" or "United" and I really liked the two words together. The Fleur de Lis is on the crest because it's a French city. The kits are simple, I played around with a few things and thought that Adidas would do something like this.

Louisville_zps9e555e67.png

Next: Seattle or Charlotte

(please don't just choose, comment on Louisville)

That entire Louisville Premier identity is just a thing of beauty. I love the color scheme and the striping is excellent. Again, great job Raysox and can't wait for the next concept! Even the backstory is great too but I'm kinda confused on one thing, are they going to tear down the Old Cardinal Stadium and build a new stadium or modify the facility?

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Big fan of both of these concepts once again. Absolutely LOVE the way the Sacto home kit looks and as always, your love of diamond crests works here.

Louisville's class as well - the crest is the best part IMO. (Well, actually, the best part is that my Louisville concept I've been sitting on is different than this, so... :P)

Oh, and Charlotte!

6fQjS3M.png

I'll be honest, I'm a sucker for the Fleur-de-lis, it's hard to make something with that I don't like. But Louisville Premier looks amazing, I really like the name choice to Louisville and Premier do sound really cool together. Color scheme and striping is excellent as well. Great work all-around, I can already tell that this is going to be an awesome series just from the start, definitely will be checking in everyday and watching how this thing plays out! :P

And I'll vote for Charlotte.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I think the stripes are sort of plaidish, and I think that's good on the home unis. But, I'm seeing rainbow on the clash. Why? Nice color contrasts with your whites, yellows, and reds. And, for the same reason, your shorts and socks rock.

Charlotte FC

A local Charlotte soccer fan didn't like how the Charlotte Eagles of the USL were run. The team was run by a Christian mission group whose first priority wasn't the on the pitch, hell they don't even have a supporters group. With the help of other soccer fans and commercial backing, the team was bought, rebranded to Charlotte FC, and soccer culture in the Queen City took off. The city government gave them the old Memorial Stadium, which they rebuilt into a new stadium. With the help of the Queen City Company supporters, the team had immediate success, challenging the top clubs of the NASL. The team finished in the top half of the league every year, as the QCC continued to grow. The team is a sure lock to move to the Championship in 2030. The logos are actually from a project I worked on trying to bring a team to the MLS. It unfortunately fell through, but I really liked what I came up with. The logo is a circle with a modified flag in it. The homes have a checker pattern for the racing history, and the roads have a plaid pattern for the heritage of the city

Charlotte_zps760a4f92.png

(Updated home sock color to navy on 12/23/13)

Seattle or Portland?

I like Charlotte, but I feel an argyle pattern (similar to what UNC basketball uses) would look better than the plaid pattern.

On a side note, I find it weird the teams are called FC. While the MLS may use it, I find calling a team FC in America would be politically incorrect when the general public refers to the sports as "soccer". I feel like SC would be a better replacement for FC, although FC could be sticked in Latin-American cities (i.e. Miami, LA, San Diego, San Antonio, etc.) Just a suggestion though, it is your series.

And Seattle. They've been passed on long enough.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Charlotte FC

A local Charlotte soccer fan didn't like how the Charlotte Eagles of the USL were run. The team was run by a Christian mission group whose first priority wasn't the on the pitch, hell they don't even have a supporters group. With the help of other soccer fans and commercial backing, the team was bought, rebranded to Charlotte FC, and soccer culture in the Queen City took off. The city government gave them the old Memorial Stadium, which they rebuilt into a new stadium. With the help of the Queen City Company supporters, the team had immediate success, challenging the top clubs of the NASL. The team finished in the top half of the league every year, as the QCC continued to grow. The team is a sure lock to move to the Championship in 2030. The logos are actually from a project I worked on trying to bring a team to the MLS. It unfortunately fell through, but I really liked what I came up with. The logo is a circle with a modified flag in it. The homes have a checker pattern for the racing history, and the roads have a plaid pattern for the heritage of the city

Charlotte_zpsb1911c45.png

Seattle or Portland?

i don't really get the plaid pattern on the aways, what is this history you speak of, i think checkers would work better

I like Charlotte, but I feel an argyle pattern (similar to what UNC basketball uses) would look better than the plaid pattern.

You want something unique to your own team when building an identity.

The white on the home's socks bugs me. Maybe....

Are you familiar with Chelsea FC? This was my reasoning behind it

0,,10268~10871668,00.jpg

i don't really get the plaid pattern on the aways, what is this history you speak of, i think checkers would work better

From my understanding from the project, there was Scottish heritage. Something to do with the settlement? Not sure! I was just doing as I was told!

I don't know, Chelsea's kit features a lot more white than you have and they have a lighter blue, I suppose it still works but it's a bit out of place. Yellow socks would be better. The clash is perfect; I'm not a huge fan of the checkerboard style you used on your primary, but hey, it's your concept. Still, great execution.

And do Portland, man, screw Seattle.

I kind of agree that the white socks at home look a little awkward. Rest of the home is good, what with the checkers and color. The clash looks really odd, and for one thing it should match the home and for another the undertone pattern looks a little clutterd, but the rest of your stuff is great. Nice.

I'm not trying to nit pick or be rude but could you get these on faster since you have twelve done I'm really in to this thread but the worse part is waiting like a while for each concept

Dude, he has a life. Plus, if he posts them all in a matter of a couple days, we might only see two the next week since he'd need to start the rest from scratch.

Archived