Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

Playing catch up here, but a few thoughts on the last few concepts...

Montreal Impact

I'm a non-solid back guy so I would have liked to have seen the stripes not cut off - the contrast of the white numbers/lettering against the black and blue should be enough for things to be legible. In any case, I think the stripes is a good look for them.

Las Vegas Quicksilvers

The home kit looks a little flat to me, due to being all grey/silver - purely personal preferences coming into play, to be fair, and it makes them distinctive I suppose.

Tampa Bay Rowdies

Very nice, although I agree with other comments that the 'Tampa Bay' on the crest gets a little lost being darker green on lighter green.

But it's all looking rather lovely so far!

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated the Rowdies logo

Charleston Battery
The USL side continue to be a consistent example of a small club that captivates a community. Orlando jumped to the MLS in 2015, taking out one of the biggest competition in the league. This was a golden era for the small USL sides. Charleston and Harrisburg alternated championships from 2015 to 2018. The Battery were led by a young group of guys from South Carolina to championships, players passed over by MLS sides in the draft with a chip on their shoulder. The Carolina Cup captivated the fans, trying to beat the 3 teams from North Carolina in a yearly tournament, giving the fans state pride. The number of Battery fans in the stands doubled, putting Blackbaud Stadium at capacity. They expanded to 10,000 seats, and soccer games became a great summer activity. The group stayed together until 2019, before NASL and MLS sides picked them up. Charleston was joined in the USL by many teams at once. In expansion drafts, the core of Charleston's team was decimated, and they had to start over. The owners built a soccer complex nearby the stadium for the Battery youth team. The team rebranded symbolizing a new Battery, keeping the yellow and black stripes. With teams like Dayton and Connecticut running away from the USL sides, Charleston hasn't won a trophy since 2017. The team is starting to be built for promotion, but that may be a few years away. I wanted to update the cannons in the logo. I simplified the logo and only put Charleston at the top. I wanted thinner stripes like Hull, and that was the only thing I wanted to do with the jerseys.
Charleston_zps0e0bd797.png

Funny you say that, I'm working on a project with a fellow board member where we may be able to see if they are promoted!

I'm gonna start posting two concepts a day again.

tumblr_lx6tic5sFo1r9x0sdo1_400.gif

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Baltimore FC Barons
The Baltimore Bohemians are the current team in the Charm City, but they would fold in 2016. The next shot at Baltimore to get a team was in 2019, when the NASL was picking up teams left and right. A Baltimore bid was placed, but they weren't selected due to a lack of a stadium. The same owners bought an expansion team in the USL to start play in 2021, and named them the Barons, after George Calvert's official title. This was an attempt to make the team represent Baltimore. Under Armour signed a sponsorship deal, and gave them some of the best gear in the USL. Part of the plan was a 12,000 seat stadium close to Camden Yards, which hadn't been approved for the NASL bid. The Barons' started a soccer club for inner city kids, and merged some local teams to get a jump on the development of the academy. Not too much on the field success for the Barons, however. Their first 3 seasons were sub-500, but the Bohemians Supporters Group rallied the troops and the team is gaining some followers, which will help the team in the long run. An Argentine striker was signed, who had played for River Plate several years before, and his flair and knack for scoring goals caught the attention of the city. However, the defense was still letting them down. A Jamaican U-20 Left Back was signed to help at the wings, and a troubled keeper cut by the Impact will be an immediate starter. The team has a new manager, some players from their youth system, and the South American at the top of their formation. Slowly the team on the field is resembling the vision of the owners. The flag is here because it's fantastic. The home is yellow and black, since that is the pattern from Calvert's family crest(who founded Baltimore). Red and white on the clash, to tie it all in. This is heavily inspired by some Terrapins' gear, but who doesn't do that with these concepts?

Baltimore_zps615bb7b5.png

Los Angeles Galaxy
One of the MLS' premier franchises still continues to be an icon. After back to back wins in the MLS, the Galaxy's run ended with a loss to RSL. With Keane and Donovan retiring in back to back seasons, the Galaxy started treading water, and missed the playoffs in 2017. This wasn't cutting it for the owners. They signed Luis Suarez on a deal from Liverpool. The Ballon d'Or winner was an immediate help at attack. The team made the playoffs again, and only continued to get stronger. They signed Cesc Fabregas to help in the back. The stars in front and back were helped by players from their youth system surrounding, and players signed from all over CONCACAF. The team was set for a MLS Cup, but unfortunately they didn't pull through. The manager and most of the staff was fired. Going into 2021, the team was still favorites. They high power team was led by Suarez' MLS record 31 goals. The team lost in the final against Montreal on an own goal on a deflection in the 70th minute. After a first round playoff exit, the team was pissed. They were called chokers by the media and opposing fans. Suarez and Fabregas weren't getting any younger. That was when a talent from SoCal, who was on the U-20 USMNT roster finally got his shot. He had been fermenting in the USL on a contract with the Anaheim Blues, and scorched the competition at midfield. With the whole team firing on all cylinders, the Galaxy won not just one, but two straight MLS cups. Cesc and Suarez retired after the second run. The Galaxy built outward from midfield from their star product. Players from Europe were snatched up to support, and the team continued to dominate. No trophies have been won, but 3 supporters shields were lifted in Carson. The closest they've come to the cup were runner ups in 2026 and 2029. The Galaxy are the champagne of US soccer, and plan to keep it that way. The homes stayed traditionally white, because that's a classic monochrome look. The clash is an homage to the pre-Beckham kits, with stripes on yellow. I wanted a classy and sleek look for them, because they're close to perfection.

LosAngeles.png

Los Angeles Galaxy

One of the MLS' premier franchises still continues to be an icon. After back to back wins in the MLS, the Galaxy's run ended with a loss to RSL. With Keane and Donovan retiring in back to back seasons, the Galaxy started treading water, and missed the playoffs in 2017. This wasn't cutting it for the owners. They signed Luis Suarez on a deal from Liverpool. The Ballon d'Or winner was an immediate help at attack. The team made the playoffs again, and only continued to get stronger. They signed Cesc Fabregas to help in the back. The stars in front and back were helped by players from their youth system surrounding, and players signed from all over CONCACAF. The team was set for a MLS Cup, but unfortunately they didn't pull through. The manager and most of the staff was fired. Going into 2021, the team was still favorites. They high power team was led by Suarez' MLS record 31 goals. The team lost in the final against Montreal on an own goal on a deflection in the 70th minute. After a first round playoff exit, the team was pissed. They were called chokers by the media and opposing fans. Suarez and Fabregas weren't getting any younger. That was when a talent from SoCal, who was on the U-20 USMNT roster finally got his shot. He had been fermenting in the USL on a contract with the Anaheim Blues, and scorched the competition at midfield. With the whole team firing on all cylinders, the Galaxy won not just one, but two straight MLS cups. Cesc and Suarez retired after the second run. The Galaxy built outward from midfield from their star product. Players from Europe were snatched up to support, and the team continued to dominate. No trophies have been won, but 3 supporters shields were lifted in Carson. The closest they've come to the cup were runner ups in 2026 and 2029. The Galaxy are the champagne of US soccer, and plan to keep it that way. The homes stayed traditionally white, because that's a classic monochrome look. The clash is an homage to the pre-Beckham kits, with stripes on yellow. I wanted a classy and sleek look for them, because they're close to perfection.

LosAngeles_zps5d77996e.png

the road uni looks amazing. great job and keep up the good work.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

I love the Baltimore one. Dont change a thing. Love the Calvert home and the Crosslands change, very Under Armour, very appropriate. Well done.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I dig the return of the sash, but it was the opposite way on the old yellows:

cozmo-la-galaxy-mascot.jpg170px-CarlosRuiz.jpg

You definitely nailed the chest stripe on the whites.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sorry guys, been doing concepts. But I don't know how i :censored:ed that up, but I did. I'll go back and fix it at some point.

San Francisco SC
After the announcement of the 3 tier system, new teams in small markets popped up trying to strike gold in the future. A group of 8 from San Francisco took it upon themselves to bring a team to the city. The Quakes games took an hour to get to, and Sacramento wasn't a realistic option. SFSC started to play the summer of 2025 in Kezar Stadium near downtown. The BayMen Supporters built metal stands behind the goal in addition to the 9,000 seat stands along the sideline. They became known as the Earthquakes "Noisy Neighbors" by San Jose fans, and called names by rival USL teams that had a market to themselves. The team worked out a feeder program with the Earthquakes the second year. That team played well, knocking out Sacramento in the opening round of the US Open Cup. SFSC started to sell out thanks to their team getting exposure from scoring 9 on Halifax. The team didn't make the playoffs, but soccer culture was starting to take off in the city. The owners looked to move out of their small stadium. Candlestick Park was turned into a parking lot, that hosted a weekend flea market. Plans for a 15,000 seat stadium were made, and ground was broke in the winter of 2026. With the plans, a practice facility was constructed on the outside of the stadium, along with offices taking up the south side of the stands. Bay Area player were brought in to play for their new club, and a successful summer camp was held in season, which helped the teams scout players. The Chinese national team keeper was brought in to help attract more fans, the biggest signing in team history was great for the Asian community. "The Great Wall", helped by 5 strong defenders, 3 from San Jose, managed to keep 5 clean sheets in the last 5 games of the season to make the playoffs in 2028. The last game at Kezar Stadium was a loss to Austin. The team is all moved into their new digs, and the movement is starting for a soccer culture. The crest was similar to my Perth concept, with a stand up crest. I didn't want to do the bridge, but I really wanted orange and black for the team. It's the most recognizable part of the city, so I thought it was fitting in a way.
SanFrancisco_zpse6034926.png

That San Francisco crest is just brilliant. And I love how you used the awesome combo of orange and black on the sets.

Though I have one issue: the Twitter bird logo looks kinda awkward with the Puma logo, in my opinion. Maybe just "Twitter" spelled out might work better.

Great job on all these concepts!

Archived