Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

Nah, I actually glanced over them when I was making teams. The tiers are pretty different than my first draft, I did a lot of swapping based on what I thought I could do for each team. But you never know! US soccer could have grown by 2040!

Also when I finish every team, I'll post all the logos together so you can see the crests

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that plaid is a technique that can only work out if the colors are right, and it's not too small to make the whole jersey congested. For the 'clash' (I really dislike soccer/futbol jerseys in general, so I'm assuming that is the 'away' in a sense) I think it could really bring in everything and look really nice, if you thicken the blue stripes, and put a somewhat similar plaid design in them. Maybe not a full on plaid, because in that small space it would look congested like I said before. However, if you made the blocks the same height as the stripe and make it close to a checkerboard look, it could still have the same Idea brought to the set.

This is a question that has nothing to do with the concepts (I guess it sort of does) but why does the MLS use the same font for the name and number for every team? I know other leagues do this too, but why can't a team have an original font type to them? Regardless, it doesn't hurt but I'm just very curious.

The logo, while I normally dislike soccer crests is very sharp. The North Star I think could stand out more by making it the baby blue color, but I think this whole set is really nice together.

Hell maybe even in the logo where the blue is, have the 'checkerboard' style I was talking about for the clash.

I'm probably not the best one to answer these questions, but I think I am correct.

Typically in Soccer, there is a main kit - Bayern Munich's Red, Chelsea's Blue - and depending on the other teams colours, both teams can wear the coloured "home" kits. The clash kit is to avoid teams playing with similar colours.

As for the fonts, I do believe every teams kits in the MLS are made by Adidas. the Font is an Adidas one and therefore is on every MLS kit. Kinda like Reebok making all the jerseys in the NHL.

(Just saw your comment Wonka)

Yeah I've actually kinda thought about how different soccer jerseys are from everything else. A league like the NASL not having the same font seems sloppy in real life. The league wide numbers are easy to read, no matter if you're in Seattle or Dallas.

I'll try to get one out later tonight if I don't pass out. I'm home for the weekend so I might find time to type a bunch of stories. I'm kinda hopping around, does anyone have any requests? Im thinking about posting some western concepts, or maybe some south eastern ones.

They all are in here. Calgary isn't done, but I know what I want to do.

Orlando City
The Lions were the 21st team to jump to the MLS, and the first from the South East in the modern MLS. They went on to win the USL in their last season in 2014. The team brought a lot of players with them to the MLS, but they didn’t transfer to the big leagues that well. After 2 mediocre seasons, Orlando picked up the #1 overall pick in the draft, a midfielder from USF. The Tampa product started on the bench. He demanded a loan to the NASL, or playing time. The coach gave in to shut him up, and his first shot on goal was a 30 yard screamer to the top corner. From there, he started every game the rest of the 2017 season. Orlando City signed an Ireland U-20 product to put at Left Back. They matched the other side with a Right Back from Seattle.They continued to improve, as the crowd fell in love with their #1 pick. He was the first player in team history to start in an All-Star game. A two managers came and went before the 2021 season. A former Premier League manager came to Florida to coach Orlando City. The youth system was finally producing senior team members. They never had a striker to build around. They picked up a Brazilian who was trying to get out of the Brazilian league. He was 28, and with a bunch of young players coming up, the Lions’ had a fast paced offense. The system was to have their stud midfielder get it to the Brazilian up top. That year, the record of goals scored by Orlando City fell. The team wasn’t all that deep. The first playoff run by the team was short lived, a 2-0 loss in the first round. Their midfielder went on to play on the national team in the 2022 World Cup. After a great performance, he was bought by Chelsea. The huge deal gave a lot of money for Orlando City to play with 3 US players, a player from Israel, and a player from Panama came in to compete for the roster. The team was now deep, and the competition for starting spot was insanely fierce. 2023 was the best season yet for them. They sold out every game, and finished 2nd in the East. They rode to the MLS cup, thanks for a 92nd minute header on the road against Philadelphia to advance on the tie breaker. The Galaxy beat them in the finals in LA. That team eventually fell apart, due to the starting spots not being set, and better opportunities. Most of their senior team is from the academy and draft. The logo is custom, since their current is just AWFUL. I wanted to go heavy on the purple, since it is so unique. The home is a mix of Arsenal and the US navy jersey. The clash is just a wild nike concept that is a mix of a few concepts.

Orlando_zps48411360.png

Jacksonville Armada

The team started playing in the NASL in 2015. The name Armada was chosen over the TeaMen by the team to represent the Spanish influence in Florida. In 2015, the team was in over their head. They weren’t very competitive. They started building their youth club from combining local clubs, so that would start to pay off down the line. Still, the support was there, 8,000 people were showing up to Everbank Field. With support from AO Jacksonville and the First Coast Elite supporters, and momentum from hosting US National games, the club was able to sign a deal for a new stadium near the AA Baseball stadium, and Jaguar’s field. The plans came with new bars and restaurants near the stadium complex. This new increased attention in Duval County. To make sure to get fans before the new stadium, they went out and signed a Spanish midfielder. A former Real Madrid youth product, he was looking to get out of the lower domestic leagues. “The Conquistador” led the team to an over .500 record. The team was still getting its footing in the league. A bitter rivalry between Tampa was formed, even though Tampa was winning championships in the early seasons of the Armada. Duval County Grounds opened in 2018, a 15k seat stadium with a berm seating on the side opposite of the supporters group. The club went out and signed an MLS player from Jacksonville to finish out his career in defense. A player from the Brisbane Roar was signed to play in Jacksonville. That next year, they announced the first Sunshine Shield competition. A round robin tournament between Florida’s 4 big soccer teams. The rivalry doesn’t have the legacy of rivalries like the Cascadia Cup, but the teams are all even in skill. The team was still without a great manager, this was apparent after a series of poor starting line ups resulting in 5 straight goals against before the 15th minute. They picked up an assistant coach from Everton looking for a manager job. Jacksonville still wasn’t producing, and in 2021, they hired a former US national player to coach the team. The first signs of a youth system showed up in 2021 with a striker from the academy earning a starting spot a few games in. A player was stolen from the Rowdies in the off season to help out on the midfield wings. Another place the Armada looked for players was the USL. Chattanooga had a defender that was picked up while he was looking to improve his league. The team had a 10 game streak without a loss to get them into a playoff position. They held on and clinched a playoff spot with a win at Puerto Rico. They didn’t last too long, and were eliminated by the Cosmos. The Armada have the most success in US Open competitions and Sunshine Shield. A win over Atlanta in the first round of the US Open was a huge upset in front of the Jacksonville crowd. The team also boasted the 2024 and 2027 Sunshine Shield trophy. The management needs to be willing to spend some cash to buy players to promote to the Championship. The owner are one of the cheaper ones in the league, but with the new system about to be in place, a few years building up internally might be what the Armada needs. I wanted Redskins colors in my league, and just happened to choose these guys. The name was leaked on the Domestic Soccer thread. The logo is shaped like the placeholder logo they use now, and instead of the statue of Andrew Jackson, I took the conquistador helmet from a concept done by (i think) Jaha. Some Conquistador logo I found on google. The uniform is a sash, just something I wanted to do differently. The Florida teams are REALLY colorful. Maroon/Green/Purple/Pink!

Jacksonville_zps47733a54.png

ouuu pretty colours lol. I have to say I'm surprised Orlandos sponsor isnt Walt Disney, it was the first thing I did :P

I like them both. No idea how you still manage to have unique colouring for each team.

Hi

I am loving this thread mate of a three tiered league system! What MLS, NASL and USL should do...relegation and promotion is what football is about! Great to see a devoted MLS/football topic on here. Loving the kits. I| was wondering where you got the templates for the different manufacturers as I am looking for the newest adidas, Nike, Puma, Under Armor, Warrior, Umbro and Errea.

Any chance you can help out a fellow football supporter?

Raysox, what program do you use to recreate your kit and logos? Any chance I could get all the different supplier kit templates off you for my personal use. I am looking to recreate the University of Victoria Vikes (CIS-CWUAA) football home-away kits and Victoria Highlanders FC (USL PDL) home-away kits. Plus I am wanting it so I recreate Arsenal's new Puma kits, plus all the kits for military units participating in both the Canadian West Coast Military Soccer Championships and National Military Soccer Championships.

Puerto Rico Islanders
Going into the 2013 NASL season, the Islanders were put on hiatus to figure out financial problems. With the folding of the Strikers after Miami was established in the MLS, the Ponce De Leon Cup was over. In 2018, when the NASL was trying to bring up established team, rumbling from the island territory was the owners would get the band back together in San Juan. The big backing behind the reincarnation was Puerto Rico’s push for statehood. The Islanders started play in 2020, a completely Puerto Rican roster was constructed for the inaugural season, with a new crest, uniforms, and minor renovations to Estadio Juan Ramon. The best players on the Island would be attracted to the team due to the rising stock of US Soccer. The Puerto Rican National Team coach was hired for the job, with the role of building up the small island nation’s team, and using the extra time with the Islanders as practice for FIFA games. This was short lived, because Puerto Rico was voted into the United States as the 51st state in 2021. They would begin play in the US Open Cup in 2022. They motioned to FIFA to have them continue playing as Puerto Rico, in the way Wales and Scotland are separate from the UK. The motion was accepted due to special circumstances, but players could choose to play for the US or Puerto Rico. They continued to play in the NASL. WIth the large number of upstart teams, the competition was fierce, but years behind the established NASL teams. In the early years, the biggest achievement was denying defending champ Indianapolis a playoff spot in 2021. The team represented the best chance to play big league soccer, so new young talent jumped to the Islander’s programs, supplying the team with talent immediately. As the team matured, their play improved. But due to the team not being able to get top players to come play on the island, they had to rely mostly from internal. They signed two 35 year old MLS players, who saw the new gig as a paid vacation. They became the biggest team in the Caribbean, attracting a striker from Jamaica, and a defender from Bermuda. They helped only a little bit. The NASL became very strong as the 2030 season approached. Some very talented players came through the system, and the Islanders would sell them often to flip the price and have a big return on them. The team is still growing the game in Puerto Rico, building a respectable national team. Due to the new US Soccer rules, the 15 domestic player minimum would limit the Islander’s ability to retain the US players, meaning most of the players are planning on doing double duty in playing or the national team and Islanders. They still can’t compete in League Two, and might fall into relegation, but their time will come. The logo is an old logo I recreated. It has the lookouts on Spanish forts overlooking the Caribbean. Orange is the main focus here to match their old duds. The clash is a combination of the colors in the crest.

PuertoRico_zps492ae707.png

Archived