Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

That San Francisco crest is just brilliant. And I love how you used the awesome combo of orange and black on the sets.

Though I have one issue: the Twitter bird logo looks kinda awkward with the Puma logo, in my opinion. Maybe just "Twitter" spelled out might work better.

Great job on all these concepts!

Let me start by saying that I have been following this series since its inception, and all I can say is: "Wow." Your original ideas and updates on the "historic" teams of the MLS along with the great backstories of each franchise makes it seem like this could all actually go down and make this thread one, if not the best ideas on this site . A couple of random side notes, first off: are you keeping track of who wins what championships each year? I have a spreadsheet that I've been filling and I just wonder if you're doing the same. Also... if I ever saw that blue Boston Revolution kit on a shelf at Bob's or Dick's; I don't care how much it would cost, it would come home with me (and I don't even like soccer!)

With that in mind, I agree with TheGiantsFan when he says that the SCFC kits could use a bit of a change. The Twitter bird looks a little strange on the chest, especially when the teams crest is right there on the shoulder. If I could make a recommendation, I would suggest that (like TheGiantsFan said) you use Twitter's script logo - and I would put it in black on both of the jerseys because the orange and white are already used a lot on them. Don't get me wrong, I still think these are great... it's just a suggestion. Keep up the awesome work, man; I can't wait to see the rest of the series!

oiubk7.jpg

I come from "Titletown, USA" - Boston, Massachusetts.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If someone wants to make teams on that, feel free! Also, thank for the kind words Kevin. But I have a spreadsheet with the champions, and runners up for the MLS..

Toronto FC
After years of frustration, Toronto FC spent tons of money to fix the soccer culture in the great white north. Bradley, Defoe, and Gilberto would be the keys Toronto needed to make the playoffs. In the hard east, TFC finished 2nd. The team wasn't able to produce in the playoffs however, a 3-1 aggregate loss to the Red Bulls, who won the Cup. The next year, Defoe scored 5 goals in 5 games, and was on pace for the MVP, but a high slide tackle by a Montreal defender blew out his knee. He was done for the year, and after his return, he was never the same and he retired in 2016. The Reds had one playoff run during their big 3 era, but the attendance picked up. Bradley made the bosses go out and pick up Aron Johansson, whose stock was growing from international performances. Defense was always the problem in TO, and the players they brought in never really panned out. They were bringing in atleast two youth players a year, due to one of the best academies in the league. They traded up for the 3rd overall pick to draft a goal keeper from Maryland. With Bradley, Johannsson, Gilberto, and the future of the Canadian National Team all infront of the keeper, the club won the supporters shield in 2017. In 2018, the team had an MLS record 8 internationals in the World Cup. Johannsson had a great World Cup, and was bought by Liverpool for their campaign. One of their Canadian defenders was purchased by Leeds too. They lost a lot of their firepower for the stretch run. At the end of that year, Gilberto went back to Brazil. Bradley was the only huge piece left. After countless trade proposals, no one would go play striker. The team had their worst season with Bradley at mid that year. The 34 year old Bradley retired that year. TFC continued to slide, using mostly their youth team on the field. They signed a 29 year old Italian midfielder as a replacement after he was ran out of town by Napoli supporters. The club had an up and down 2020s. Only 3 playoff runs, but mostly .500 performances. The team is where they are now thanks to being adventurous and spending money in 2014. The red uniform is based off of a concept by Daniel_Ramone93, and I used it because it's fantastic. I wanted the clash to be heavy on the grey, so there is very little red because the bet it looked was with grey stripes.
Toronto_zps2903b8c5.png

Sorry guys, been doing concepts. But I don't know how i :censored:ed that up, but I did. I'll go back and fix it at some point.

San Francisco SC

After the announcement of the 3 tier system, new teams in small markets popped up trying to strike gold in the future. A group of 8 from San Francisco took it upon themselves to bring a team to the city. The Quakes games took an hour to get to, and Sacramento wasn't a realistic option. SFSC started to play the summer of 2025 in Kezar Stadium near downtown. The BayMen Supporters built metal stands behind the goal in addition to the 9,000 seat stands along the sideline. They became known as the Earthquakes "Noisy Neighbors" by San Jose fans, and called names by rival USL teams that had a market to themselves. The team worked out a feeder program with the Earthquakes the second year. That team played well, knocking out Sacramento in the opening round of the US Open Cup. SFSC started to sell out thanks to their team getting exposure from scoring 9 on Halifax. The team didn't make the playoffs, but soccer culture was starting to take off in the city. The owners looked to move out of their small stadium. Candlestick Park was turned into a parking lot, that hosted a weekend flea market. Plans for a 15,000 seat stadium were made, and ground was broke in the winter of 2026. With the plans, a practice facility was constructed on the outside of the stadium, along with offices taking up the south side of the stands. Bay Area player were brought in to play for their new club, and a successful summer camp was held in season, which helped the teams scout players. The Chinese national team keeper was brought in to help attract more fans, the biggest signing in team history was great for the Asian community. "The Great Wall", helped by 5 strong defenders, 3 from San Jose, managed to keep 5 clean sheets in the last 5 games of the season to make the playoffs in 2028. The last game at Kezar Stadium was a loss to Austin. The team is all moved into their new digs, and the movement is starting for a soccer culture. The crest was similar to my Perth concept, with a stand up crest. I didn't want to do the bridge, but I really wanted orange and black for the team. It's the most recognizable part of the city, so I thought it was fitting in a way.SanFrancisco_zpse6034926.png

SF's crest would be perfect if the city name didn't protrude the crest. A- Still awesome though.

Aww that Toronto FC storyline just killed me inside. I hope you are wrong even though its a typical Toronto story :( As for the kit. It being Nike is gonna be hard to adjust too, but its good. I too enjoy having a lot of Grey on the White jerseys, but no white on the Red jerseys is just off a bit. Maybe thats what I'm referring too about hard to adjust to a Nike template. Maybe have a small white line on the arm bands and down the pants next to the grey?

Still solid stuff!

I think the home kit has the perfect amount of white. I thought last season's homes were a big step up in that they emphasized onyx over white. And that clash is very classy. I do look forward to my Reds proving you wrong, though, and tearing up the league for the next 15 years :)

San Fran may be my favorite all-around look of the series. The crest is great--love the shape and the typeface--and those kits are my favorite of the series. I love the stripes and they're done in a unique way. I agree that the Twitter wordmark might look better.

Love the falling leaves on the Toronto home kit.

Don't worry Nas1787, your Canadian Soccer pyramid still exists in this world(Switching Winnipeg and Saskatchewan, but still)

Vancouver Whitecaps
The Caps are considered outsiders in their own rivalries. The Cascadia Cup has trended south, and the fight for the best Canadian team is gone east. After a 2013 playoff run, the team would miss the playoffs for 3 straight years. A lot of the older players on the playoff roster moved on, and the Whitecaps had an opportunity to raise some strong youngsters from their system. Being BC's team, they had most of Western Canada to draw from. Their main pieces were a goalkeeper and striker, who complimented young American and Canadian national team talent. With the 24 team league starting, the Whitecaps were predicted a 21st place finish in 2017. Their new English manager made a point to improve upon this standing. They got out to a 4-4 start, and was sitting in 8th in the West. The coach called a former midfielder of his, who had been buried on the depth chart at Aston Villa. He persuaded the player to jump to the MLS and get his form back.That was the best signing in Vancouver history. He came in and had an immediate impact on the team as a field general. In his first game, he completed almost every pass, leading the Caps to a 3-0 win over San Antonio. They made a mad charge to the playoffs, with a sturdy midfield and a high functioning attack. For one game against the Sounders, they took off the tarps and sold out BC Place, breaking the attendance record.They would sneak in by 1 point over RSL for the last spot. They were eliminated, but playoff experience was brutal in the development of the team. That next year, they had the same result, a first round exit. They signed a Brazilian RB to help out their needs at wing. Adding accurate crosses to the offense would help out a lot. 20 games in, and the Whitecaps were 8 points up on the playoff cutoff. But their MVP midfielder went up awkwardly for a header in a game against LA and twisted his ankle. They had to throw in a player from their system who wasn't ready, and the midfield became one of the weaker parts of the team. From then, the team slowly disintegrated. Other teams targeted their players and left them high and dry. They had to scramble and play residency players that weren't ready, and fell to the bottom of the MLS. To get the fans back, the Owners pushed a campaign to claim Canada as their own. Using players on their team to draw interest, 6 Canadian National players were brought in after the 2022 season. They had 4 years to get their footing back and compete before most of their team had to leave. They never really panned out, other than winning the Canadian Championship twice. Their manager was fired and they began rebuilding again. I love the crest, so I kept it. The all white look is classy and also stayed. The design I did mimics the crest with the mountains. The clash is different from the all navy look.

Vancouver_zps0d008e69.png

I'm gonna post 4 straight Texas teams starting with the

San Antonio Scorpions

The Scorpions started playing in the NASL in 2010. Since then, the team has made strides trying to set themselves up for MLS. They made the jump to the big leagues with the Silverbacks. Toyota Field was expanded to 18,000, then the naming rights were bought by Valero. A huge sponsorship deal was made for the oil company, trying to compete with the other giants of Texas soccer. They were fighting for the state of Texas now with Dallas and Houston, both in the Western Conference. The 3 teams established the Lone Star Cup, trying to get the media attention the Cascadia Cup has. The original team was carried over from the NASL side, and they couldn't really cut it consistently with the rest of the league. That off season, the he team also filled holes in an entirely new back line, and signed Georgios Samaras after losing his starting spot at Celtic. The first Designated Player in team history would not disappoint. With World Cup experience, Samaras would lead the Scorpions to the first Lone Star Cup in team history, but would miss the playoffs. The "small" market of San Antonio took to the club, thanks to no competition during the summer. The academy brought up a young keeper, who was born in Mexico. This sat well with the Latino fans who were looking for a player to attach to. The 2018 season would be the best yet. Samaras scored 20 goals and led the team to the Wild Card round of the playoffs. After the 2020 season, Samaras retired. To replace him, the Scorpions signed a top Greek striker, disgruntled by his Greek side not fulfilling his roster. Samaras was the man behind the deal, who helped his international teammate pick a side. In the last decade, the Scorpions have no domestic trophies. Their Greek player earned an MLS top XI and jumped to Spain. Still, their academy goalie has remained consistent going into his 12th year with the team, earning the respect Tim Duncan had during his career. I cleaned up the logo by making it simpler. I think it had potential, but needed some tweaks. They haven't had any actual good jerseys to go off of, but I did like a hooped black kit and based the homes off of that. The clash gave me trouble and I settled on mostly white with red accents.

SanAntonio_zps4bfe875a.png

I'm gonna post 4 straight Texas teams starting with the

San Antonio Scorpions

The Scorpions started playing in the NASL in 2010. Since then, the team has made strides trying to set themselves up for MLS. They made the jump to the big leagues with the Silverbacks. Toyota Field was expanded to 18,000, then the naming rights were bought by Valero. A huge sponsorship deal was made for the oil company, trying to compete with the other giants of Texas soccer. They were fighting for the state of Texas now with Dallas and Houston, both in the Western Conference. The 3 teams established the Lone Star Cup, trying to get the media attention the Cascadia Cup has. The original team was carried over from the NASL side, and they couldn't really cut it consistently with the rest of the league. That off season, the he team also filled holes in an entirely new back line, and signed Georgios Samaras after losing his starting spot at Celtic. The first Designated Player in team history would not disappoint. With World Cup experience, Samaras would lead the Scorpions to the first Lone Star Cup in team history, but would miss the playoffs. The "small" market of San Antonio took to the club, thanks to no competition during the summer. The academy brought up a young keeper, who was born in Mexico. This sat well with the Latino fans who were looking for a player to attach to. The 2018 season would be the best yet. Samaras scored 20 goals and led the team to the Wild Card round of the playoffs. After the 2020 season, Samaras retired. To replace him, the Scorpions signed a top Greek striker, disgruntled by his Greek side not fulfilling his roster. Samaras was the man behind the deal, who helped his international teammate pick a side. In the last decade, the Scorpions have no domestic trophies. Their Greek player earned an MLS top XI and jumped to Spain. Still, their academy goalie has remained consistent going into his 12th year with the team, earning the respect Tim Duncan had during his career. I cleaned up the logo by making it simpler. I think it had potential, but needed some tweaks. They haven't had any actual good jerseys to go off of, but I did like a hooped black kit and based the homes off of that. The clash gave me trouble and I settled on mostly white with red accents.

SanAntonio_zps4bfe875a.png

Four straight Texas teams...

That leaves Dallas, Austin, and.... ? (Getting hopes up)

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived