Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

Let me give you some background

Going into the 2015 MLS Season, the league was growing rapidly. At 21 teams, the best soccer league in the US was on pace to become the next great soccer league. The league wasn't done growing. David Beckham purchased a team in Miami, Florida to be the 22nd team starting in 2016. The Ft. Lauderdale Strikers immediately found it hard to draw against the Brit's shiny new team, especially with Portuguese superstar Christiano Ronaldo captaining the team. The league wanted a universally accepted number, and snatched Atlanta and San Antonio from the NASL to make the league have 24 teams. The commissioner said that would be it until there was a good enough reason to break the 24 limit. The MLS began to contend with the NBA and NHL with the start of Friday Night Kickoff, a weekly Friday night game in prime time on ESPN.

Meanwhile, Michael Taylor graduated from Florida State with a degree in Sport Management. Working from the bottom of the NASL, he became commissioner of the struggling league when the commissioner stepped down when 3 of the flagship teams left in a small period. Taylor had a vision, to try all he can to fix the broken league, and shorten the gap between the bottom of the MLS to the top of the NASL. Hiring a world class scout, the league began running combines and drafting players from college that weren't drafted. A league wide initiative to help the sport grow, the league would pay a quarter of the tab for new stadiums. The league started to turn around thanks to strong sides such as the Tampa Bay Rowdies, New York Cosmos, and Minnesota United beating MLS sides in the US Open Cup. Bigger market teams in smaller leagues were snatched by the NASL, strengthening the league

The US Men's national team won back to back World Cups in 2018 and 2022, with Canada making both tournaments. America, and Canada were soccer crazy. Every city wanted a team. More teams started popping up in the USL, which worked with the NASL in training players and building up US Soccer.

Then in 2024, Taylor released a statement about how he was in talks with the MLS and USL commissioners to finally have a promotion/relegation system in place between the three leagues. His reasoning was due to the increased number of NASL teams beating the MLS sides, the number of NASL teams still trying to jump to the top, and the new light speed rail making traveling easier for smaller clubs. The MLS teams did not like the idea, and agreed to push the date of the tier system until 2030. The idea was so ground breaking, but tests and simulations proved that by then the gap between the bottom of the MLS/top of the NASL, and the bottom of the NASL/top of USL would be hardly anything.

The new 3 leagues would merge in the winter of 2029. The leagues rebranded together to make one. The Soccer Championship, Soccer League One, and Soccer League Two were the league names, each league would have one table and 24 teams. The best 8 teams made the playoffs. Adidas couldn't control if non Adidas teams were in the MLS, so any maker could grab a team to create uniforms for. Nike snatched up the a big chunk of the teams, with Puma, Under Armor, and Warrior joining in. A new rule would be put in place where every team was entitled to scout youth talent within 25 miles of the stadium without fear of other teams stealing prospect. This will make home grown talent the future of the 72 teams.

And here are the concepts

League_zpsaf873962.png

So I made a 72 team system of concepts. A lot of teams are from current teams. In this world, the uniforms are similar to the current situation of kits. One thing I want to stress, I do not care what you think about what teams are where. I made the 72 teams and the system is in place. It's a matter of making them. I might ask for some team name help down the line. But i honestly don't care if "Indianapolis should be in the MLS". I'll release the teams whenever I finish them, in no real order. So be patient.

I'll post the first few concepts in a little bit.

Soccer Championship

Atlanta Silverbacks

Boston Revolution

Chicago Fire
Chivas San Diego
Colorado Rapids

Columbus Crew
FC Dallas
DC United
Houston Dynamo
Los Angeles Galaxy
Miami FC Flamingos
Montreal Impact
New York City FC

New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Antonio Scorpions

San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders

Sporting Kansas City

Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps

League One
3 Rivers United

FC Birmingham
Buffalo Athletic

California Athletic FC

Carolina Railhawks

Charlotte FC
AFC Cleveland
Detroit City
Edmonton Drillers
Indy Eleven
Jacksonville Armada
Las Vegas Quicksilvers

Milwaukee Bavarians
Minnesota United
New York Cosmos

Northern Virginia Cavalry
Oklahoma City FC

Ottawa Fury
SC Phoenix
Puerto Rico Islanders
Richmond Kickers
Rochester Rhinos
AC St. Louis
Tampa Bay Rowdies

League Two
Albuquerque FC
Anaheim Blues
ATX FC
Baltimore FC Barons
Calgary Owls
Charleston Battery
Connecticut Hearts

Dayton Dutch Lions
Halifax United
Harrisburg City
Kitsap Pumas
Louisville Premier

Memphis Rogues
Nashville Metros
New Orleans United
FC Norfolk
Omaha ONE FC
Providence City
Queen City SC
San Francisco SC

West Texas Wanderers

Wilmington Hammerheads

Winnipeg Bisons SC

Rivalry Cups

Football Manager Mod

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The US Men's national team won back to back World Cups in 2018 and 2022, with Canada making both tournaments

Whatever drug you're on, I want it.

Dwayne De Rosario goes on to coach Canada after retiring from playing and finally utilities the talent and potential that Canadian soccer has actually always had.

The US Men's national team won back to back World Cups in 2018 and 2022, with Canada making both tournaments

Whatever drug you're on, I want it.
Hey man, I just need a reason to justify Halifax having a team.

Of course, I just think it was a bigger stretch to give Ottawa a team IRL, just sayin'.

But I'll really be looking forward to this. Hope it'll fill the American soccer void left when PCGD stopped his.

Dwayne De Rosario goes on to coach Canada after retiring from playing and finally utilities the talent and potential that Canadian soccer has actually always had.

Sure, I'll be the starting keeper.

(you could say I'm still bitter about the losses to Honduras (8-1(!)) and St. Martinique :P)

Atlanta Silverbacks
This was the 23rd team to jump to MLS in 2016. The team was bought by Arthur Blank to make the jump. The team would move into the Falcons' new stadium when that was built in 2017, with the top deck tarped off. The tradition of the Silverbacks name continued, just because the colors matched. The logo was switched to a logo that was passed up on in the poorly run logo competition during the NASL, when it was deemed the best one(I made it if you haven't figured it out).The team is known for it's strong defense, but the lack of scoring hurt the team early on. The team would progressively build a youth system and once the talents at striker moved up to the top tier, the team began to be a yearly playoff regular. The red and black hoops remained, with the alternate being a red and black sash.

Atlanta_zps925b3be6.png

I'd love to see you interpret that literally, and put some silver on the back of the jersey. Maybe on a clash kit or something, but you have an awesome opportunity to make the Silverbacks the Brooklyn Nets or the LA Lakers of The Soccer Championship. A jersey that's a fashion symbol as well as a part of a uniform.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Miami FC Flamingos

This is Becks' team. The team built a stadium downtown, and the fans came for superstar Ronaldo, and see David Beckham coach. The team had some early success, but could never win the championship due to weak defense. The team's bright pink uniforms(which were originally chosen by Posh Spice) weren't enough to draw fans after Ronaldo's retirement. One of Beckham's first order of business was to set up a youth system in the rich Hispanic hotbed of South Florida. The team's new star would be Beckham's son, Romeo. The Flamingos tradition of great free kickers continues, with the Flamingos looking to break their curse and lift the league trophy. The logo is an update of an old logo from almost 4 years ago. I wanted a pink team and I thought this would be perfect. The idea was a classy set of kits for the team, similar to Beck's Manchester United 2013 kits. I put Telemundo as the sponsor because it made the most sense.

Miami_zpsfbd51a23.png

REALLY looking forward to this raysox. You always put out great stuff.

The first two teams look really good. Though I agree with an earlier poster that a silver back for the Silverbacks might be a nice touch. It wouldn't have to be the whole back, maybe just the name and number area.

Also, the league logos are nice, but when I first looked at them it looked like the soccer balls had devil horns, and now I can't unsee it. Maybe it's just me!

A new rule would be put in place where every team could scout youth talent within 25 miles of the stadium.

do you realize how small of an area 25 miles is, at least make it they have to recruit within their own states, or 100 mile radius which ever is larger, and even then i think that would leave a lot of dead space not being recruited

Archived