Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

The white on the home's socks bugs me. Maybe....

Are you familiar with Chelsea FC? This was my reasoning behind it

0,,10268~10871668,00.jpg

No, not really a soccer fan, but I feel those work because there is white in the jersey (excluding advertising and name/number). Just my opinion.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big fan of the checkers on the Charlotte home, but I agree that the socks should be yellow. I'm not digging the clash kit though. It just doesn't seem to fit. I would use navy and yellow instead of Carolina blue and do sublimated checkers on the front instead of plaid. Checkers would be much more identifiable as "Charlotte."

Seattle Sounders

The Seattle Sounders are one of the premier MLS teams. The first MLS cup was brought to the city in 2015, and the support continued to grow, making the owners untarp the upper deck in 2016. The move to navy from royal blue was in line with the Mariners rebranding, making navy and neon green the official colors of the city. That was until the team overspent to bring Wayne Rooney to the Pacific North West. That 4 year contract strapped the team, and plagued by leg injuries, they couldn't use their superstar. by 2020, the team was only selling 20k tickets a game. The Timbers were competing for titles year after year. In 2023, the team brought up a striker from their academy who led the MLS in goals. The attendance improved, and the team became able to compete against their rivals. The Sounders still haven't won a MLS cup since 2015, but the glory days are back in time for more competition. This was the first team I did. I use a lot of gradients like this because it seemed like something that would be worn. I also thought Navy looked way better than royal blue.

Seattle_zpse80b7586.png

Portland or OKC

I too, like the use of the gradients. So by now, all of Seattle's sports teams would be Navy and Lime Green right? You kinda got the Pittsburgh thing goin' on with them I guess.

Portland.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Portland Timbers

The Timbers are one of the teams that everyone wants to be. They made the MLS Cup in 2014, won the west in 2015, then won back to back cups in 2016 and 2017. In 2016, the club's uniforms looked like the ones below. The team won back to back cups wearing the same shirts, which obviously meant they were good luck. The jerseys have alternating halves and sleeves. Starting in 2013, the team made 10 straight playoffs. The team won 4 cups in this time, and expanded Jeld-Wen Field to 40,000 seats. In 2024, the Sounders needed a header in the 89th minute in the last game of the season to end the playoff streak. The Timbers Army still continue to make opposing teams tremble and have the support and prestige to compete every year. I really liked how the uniforms looked this year, including the red Rose City kits. The Alaska Air logo is super simple because that's the trend for corporate design.

Portland_zps105df4e2.png

OKC or Pittsburgh?

These are looking pretty sharp so far, raysox. I'm a bit late to the party but a few thoughts on what you've shown us to date…

Atlanta Silverbacks
Really liking the away option, but then I am a total bugger for a sash shirt.

Miami FC
A bold choice with the pink and it looks great on the home kit, but I'm not sure about the pink shorts on the away - personally I think pink works well paired with black but with white I think it risks looking a little washed out. I think white with pink and black trim might look better in this instance.

California Athletic
An interesting combination of colours, but it works quite nicely. The away is my favourite of the two.

Louisville Premier
'Yum' indeed - this looks terrific, the home in particular. I also like the fact that the team calling themselves 'Premier' are languishing in the bottom division. Heh.

Charlotte FC
Liking the home, but I think the comments about the white socks are valid - yellow to match the shirt/shorts trim would probably tie the set together better.

Seattle Sounders
Very nice work, both kits work well on their own but also as a pair - I could imagine shorts or socks being swapped between the two if there were a tricky kit clash in a particular match, and it wouldn't weaken the team's look any.

Anyway, tremendous work so far!

Updated Charlotte's home socks to Navy in the original post

Crazy idea: Why not yellow? The MN Stars (*sigh*) did that and it looked great:

Stars_Sas_10-6-12.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'd rather see the Timbers clash be a different color than red, Green and red are polar opposites, and it adds another color to their scheme that isn't used anywhere else. The jerseys are basic, I'm not really a fan of the two-tone color thing on the jerseys. Maybe a plaid/flannel design for the "logger" theme? Also, I'd pick a different sponsor, Alaska Airlines may be what they use now but it seems like a very weird sponsor to have.

OKC.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I disagree, the fact that they do use complimentary colours is quite cool and I think the red suits the identity and template well. Also, I don't think a team would drop a sponsor because it's "weird." Heck, Atletico Madrid's sponser is Azerbaijan.

Anyway, nice concept. It fits right into the Timber's identity.

I'd say Pittsburgh just to go against everyone for the third time in a row, but I'm not going to win this one.

Archived