NFL Oklahoma team

EvanBirchfield

Hey everyone, I got bored and was looking at where current NFL teams are and it's a shame there is no Oklahoma team. I think (as in college) perhaps a Oklahoma team could rival the Cowboys. Obviously this is just for fun, a new team would probably require a few more teams. I was thinking they could have a name like "Oklahoma Ranchers" or "Oklahoma Cattleman" something of that nature. I am awful at making logos so maybe if one of you get bored there's an idea. Thought it may be cool to somehow involve the logo with the branding tool they use on cattle. Prong or something. Anyways let me know what ya think.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the "Cattlemen" & Renegades, original and stays with the roughed Oklahoma territory. Thought about Wranglers, but that's an old Arena FB name.

I was trying to think along the lines of "red" as the Red River & the red terra (dirt) of Oklahoma. I really like Red Hawks, as Hawks are a common Raptor of

the area - but again you have the Baseball team named Red Hawks.

A lot of tornadoes blow through Oklahoma, but that would only reminded the people of the troubles it brings to their state. Cyclones is good, original, but too close to Tornadoes?

There are a lot of Native American themes through out the state, but that topic is "forbidden."

How about Oklahoma Crimson? No, too close to OU's color theme, that will make the OSU fans upset and then Alabama will get into the mix.

OK, how about Oklahoma Crimson Hawks - that's my final answer.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Sounds great! It would be a ton of fun. I don't have any designing software, so could you or somebody make suggestions to me for the various brands of software. I can maybe get'em and post soon.

Tough loss tonight man. I'm a diehard Falcons fan as well, just new to this site don't know how to personalize my page. I wish we would mess with our uniforms. We have the best colors but ugliest uniforms.

I like the "Cattlemen" & Renegades, original and stays with the roughed Oklahoma territory. Thought about Wranglers, but that's an old Arena FB name.

I was trying to think along the lines of "red" as the Red River & the red terra (dirt) of Oklahoma. I really like Red Hawks, as Hawks are a common Raptor of

the area - but again you have the Baseball team named Red Hawks.

A lot of tornadoes blow through Oklahoma, but that would only reminded the people of the troubles it brings to their state. Cyclones is good, original, but too close to Tornadoes?

There are a lot of Native American themes through out the state, but that topic is "forbidden."

How about Oklahoma Crimson? No, too close to OU's color theme, that will make the OSU fans upset and then Alabama will get into the mix.

OK, how about Oklahoma Crimson Hawks - that's my final answer.

The only thing is (unless I just can't think of any) NFL teams are never like "Green Wave" or "Crimson Tide" like to where they have the color if that makes sense.

I like Barnstormers, adds that "storm" for which OK is famous for!

NFL thinking goes against "two named" teams, I agree with your comment and "barnstormers" might work best.

Barn+Stormers is a compound word, not sure if that would fly but it's a good name!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like Barnstormers, adds that "storm" for which OK is famous for!

NFL thinking goes against "two named" teams, I agree with your comment and "barnstormers" might work best.

Barn+Stormers is a compound word, not sure if that would fly but it's a good name!

That's true what about this, Oklahoma (City) Stormers?

Oklahoma Outlaws in honor of USFL team that play in 80's

Outlaws would be cool. Especially if you consider what I mentioned above a Cowboys-Outlaws could be a cool rivalry.

Outlaws would be cool. Especially if you consider what I mentioned above a Cowboys-Outlaws could be a cool rivalry.

I agree with resurrecting the Oklahoma Outlaws identity as a nod to Tulsa's 1984 USFL team. I have been playing around with their logo recently, and am currently working on this version (work in progress) using elements from concepts posted by others:

OklahomaOutlawsNewLogo.png

Just need a better wordmark; something like this would be pretty cool (unfortunately I don't have the skill to reproduce this font):

Arizona_Outlaws.jpg

I agree with resurrecting the Oklahoma Outlaws identity as a nod to Tulsa's 1984 USFL team. I have been playing around with their logo recently, and am currently working on this version (work in progress) using elements from concepts posted by others:

OklahomaOutlawsNewLogo.png

Just need a better wordmark; something like this would be pretty cool (unfortunately I don't have the skill to reproduce this font):

Arizona_Outlaws.jpg

Yeah I like that. I think one of the hardest parts would be trying to decide the color scheme..it seems most if not all NFL teams have their own identity color scheme. At the same time you want it to make sense for basically being a cowboy.

I think the Oklahoma City Barnstormers or Oklahoma Barnstormers might be neat. I'd imagine the logo having like a Bi-Plane flying in it somewhere

I'm down with that...go with just Oklahoma for the geographic/region name...with OKlahoma City it just sounds too long..

Archived