NFL Oklahoma team

EvanBirchfield

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma and Alabama are college football states primarily, and I think it would be tough for the NFL to expand there. I have friends in Oklahoma and that state is overflowing with Dallas Cowboys fans. It would be tough to get a fan base on board with a new home team I tnink. It's the same reason there is no big yank for the NFL to expand to Los Angeles. USC is the "pro team" there.

If there was any case to be made for a "2nd Division" NFL minor-league structure, it's Birmingham and OKC. I don't think they could support an NFL franchise, but they would be good candidates for a AAA-type level of pro football.

Sorry to threadjack. Of the suggestions so far, Oklahoma Outlaws is the most NFL-ready name. Stormchasers, Barnstormers, etc. all sound minor league. Renegades would be ok too. A Cowboys vs. Renegades rivalry would sell on TV pretty well I think.

mainescarf.png

Outlaws is a fine name, the only problem is that it has association with losing (aka a defunct league that didn't do very well at all). I'm more partial to resurrecting an old NFL identity and making for Oklahoma: Oklahoma Oilers. It would piss off the fans in Houston big time and you'd have that Cowboys vs Oilers games again.

Oklahoma and Alabama are college football states primarily, and I think it would be tough for the NFL to expand there. I have friends in Oklahoma and that state is overflowing with Dallas Cowboys fans. It would be tough to get a fan base on board with a new home team I tnink. It's the same reason there is no big yank for the NFL to expand to Los Angeles. USC is the "pro team" there.

Not true. Oklahoma is a football state period. High school football is big here, of course college football with OU, OSU, and some fans of TU (and outright hatred for the Texas Longhorns). We would LOVE a NFL team here. People here are a mix of Dallas Cowboys fans, Denver Broncos, St. Louis Rams, Kansas City Chiefs, and Houston Texans fans, the surrounding area teams. This state is nuts about the OKC Thunder and I used to think no one here even liked basketball. So I couldn't imagine how much pandemonium would be going on if we got a NFL team.

I'm one of the few Patriots fans and hardcore basketball fans here because I'm originally from the East Coast :)

Outlaws is a fine name, the only problem is that it has association with losing (aka a defunct league that didn't do very well at all). I'm more partial to resurrecting an old NFL identity and making for Oklahoma: Oklahoma Oilers. It would piss off the fans in Houston big time and you'd have that Cowboys vs Oilers games again.

THAT'S AWESOME!!! Love that idea

This is a quick and dirty design I had done a while ago, but never published. This is quick and dirty because I can't find the original design documents. When I find them, and probably do a bit of updating, I'll post them.

Basically the main colors are a light brown (or tan if you prefer), black and sooner red.

The picture represents the home uniform. I don't normally do NFL concepts, so mine probably sucks when it comes to the striping and such that most of the NFL concept guys here go into great detail about.

OKOilersuniform_zpsfd9dada5.png

OKOilershelmet_zps9afd0c2d.png

That Oilers concept looks sharp, though I don't like the pants stripe. Neat idea though. What about trying the old Houston oil derrick logo, black trimmed in red on the helmet?

mainescarf.png

This is a quick and dirty design I had done a while ago, but never published. This is quick and dirty because I can't find the original design documents. When I find them, and probably do a bit of updating, I'll post them.

Basically the main colors are a light brown (or tan if you prefer), black and sooner red.

The picture represents the home uniform. I don't normally do NFL concepts, so mine probably sucks when it comes to the striping and such that most of the NFL concept guys here go into great detail about.

Dude for real those are amazing. Also I like how it doesn't really look like any teams great job on the pants love the oil shooting up!

LOVE THESE!!!

Now add another team in Orlando, call it what you want: here are some ideas

5757.gifoijyev0h8qnffk7ouzcgf6bne.gif5614.gif

If you want to discard this idea you can do so, just trying to find a way to continue this topic :P

I live in Orlando so a team would be great. We just got a MLS team (though i'm not a soccer fan) but with Tampa and Jax not being big stadium fillers maybe one could move to LA paving the way for an Orlando team..

Well, I never found the "original" artwork I had created for the OK Oilers, but I had some notes and a few memory flashbacks and I was able to recreate the set. More or less.

OKOilersuniform_zps51736993.png

Like I said, I'm not much of a NFL concept guy, so a lot of my detailing is subpar compared to some of the other guys on the forum doing NFL concepts. But that is ok as I saw, in my mind's eye, that the OK Oilers would be a no frills kind of team. Hard working, in your face, nothing fancy kind of bruisers. Simple palette, earth tone (dirt and oil) colors, and down to business style. "Let the fancy pants in Dallas polish their silver helmets, here in OK we work for a living" was kinda my mantra when I first designed the OK Oilers.

So, take it as you will. C&Cs are always appreciated.

Archived