Yeti Logo Logo *Updated 12/30*

Ragone

Well I'm back again trying to design logos for my Fantasy League. Soon, once I begin to learn and create better logos I will create an entire thread dealing with this league. But for now, I'm doing single threads. So, this team is looking to be called the Alaska Avalanche. I wanted to do something with regards to the Yeti or Abominable Snowman. I'm going to be adding a body to this, chest showing the top portion of it. I was planning on adding the wordmark under it then. This is my first attempt at creating a logo with regards to animal so please leave your comments on how it can be improved.

2e0rz95.png

The U shape in the tongue seems unnecessary, but otherwise it's solid.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The U shape in the tongue seems unnecessary, but otherwise it's solid.

Yeah I was thinking that too.

My favorite Yeti logo I have seen so far... most of them look so poor. This one, perfect.

Thanks a lot man! It means a lot.

Add me to the list of people who think the tongue looks a bit strange. Other than that, I'm really diggin this.

Agreed.

Well I went ahead an fixed the tongue and made it solid. I also added like a background to it and added a few more highlights, but I'm still working on the text portion. Here is the update.

xfs4nb.png

The disconnect between the top of the head and the bottom portion really bothers me. You should work into making it look like a head that is one whole piece by working the white fur outside of the eyes and minimizing the amount of black shadow the glare creates.

Additionally, it needs some sense of depth with the level of detail you've got going on. For example, the forehead wrinkles are all the same size, which makes the face look a bit flat. If you make them smaller from bottom to top and shorten the brow strokes, it would help to better round out the logo. Aside from that it's a very nice Yeti logo which you don't see much of.

Midway.png

The disconnect between the top of the head and the bottom portion really bothers me. You should work into making it look like a head that is one whole piece by working the white fur outside of the eyes and minimizing the amount of black shadow the glare creates.

Additionally, it needs some sense of depth with the level of detail you've got going on. For example, the forehead wrinkles are all the same size, which makes the face look a bit flat. If you make them smaller from bottom to top and shorten the brow strokes, it would help to better round out the logo. Aside from that it's a very nice Yeti logo which you don't see much of.

Hmm I see. I will try and work on creating a whole face rather than two separate sections. Thanks for the feedback, I will do my best.

Well here is the updated logo. I made it so the face was not disconnected with the top and bottom portions. Along with this I created more depth within the logo by gradually decreasing the size of the wrinkles on the forehead. Lastly, I smoothed out the shape of the head as it was bugging me. I'm going to continue on making changes so please leave your comments.

2q8aqzk.png

Archived