World Junior Hockey 2014

FGM13

The only thing that's fun about the World Juniors is going back to laugh at which players got overhyped. HEY EDZO WE'RE GONNA BE TALKING ABOUT NIKITA FILATOV FOR THE NEXT FIFTEEN YEARS

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That was probably Canada's worst game of the tournament. Two 10-minute majors didn't help (one for chirping the ref, and a second BS one for a "hit to the head"), but it wouldn't have made a difference, á la Boone Jenner (Side Note: Screw you, you undisciplined clown. I'm happy you're with Columbus. I hope you waste away your career in some Latvian lower-circuit league.). Sigh.

Edit: ^Whoops, wrong French accent on the "a". Whatever.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That wasn't pretty. Need more guys from the Dub!

Applaud Finland though, playing without arguably their two best players. They'll give Sweden everything they can handle tomorrow.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't think Canada is that much worse than they were (contrary to some people's beliefs) when we won 5 in a row. I think the other countries are better.

The European countries are now grooming players for this tournament and are solidifying their youth and U-20 programs. I feel like Canada's strength at this tournament historically was it's downfall as the other countries (especially some European) are trying to catch up to Canada and some have surpassed.

IbjBaeE.png

It's not as though the other countries went from mediocre to stellar in a span of five years. They were good back then, too. We were just better. We've been doomed by unreliable goaltending for a few of these past five years. We haven't had as much depth as we did during that run. There's not a HUGE gap between the quality of the 2004-09 teams v. the 2010-14 ones, but there definitely is one. So it's certainly as much of us being worse as it is the others being better. I mean, look at that 2005 team for cripes sake. A third if those guys were in our 2010 Ilympic team, and a few may be Hall of Famers.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived