American Outlaws: Knoxville chapter

-kj

Last month, there was a post in the Requests forum asking for help for a new logo for the Knoxville chapter of American Outlaws. Since I'm an AO member (I previously posted an idea for my local chapter and a big supporter of the USMNT, I thought I'd help out.

Since they just unveiled the logo via Twitter and Facebook, I can share here.

AO-Knoxville-primary.png

The structure in the foreground of the shield is the Sunsphere, built for the 1982 World's Fair (and featured in an episode of the Simpsons). The three stars in the sphere are from the Tennessee state flag. The mountains and river represent the Great Smoky Mountains and the Tennessee River. On the mountains is a partial logo from AO national, used on many AO chapter logos. Bounding the shield are a wheel and wings modeled off of the Knoxville city seal.

Here are some examples of other applications, as well as a wordmark and a secondary "AOKnox" mark:

AOKnoxville.png

I also made an idea for a t-shirt; I'm not sure if they're going to use it as of yet.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Great job with AO Knoxville! Love the new logo. Working for Global Scarves I appreciate logos like this simple yet great. Would of looked great on the last scarf we did for them.

Keep up the great work Mockba!

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

• 4 weeks later...

Great job with AO Knoxville! Love the new logo. Working for Global Scarves I appreciate logos like this simple yet great. Would of looked great on the last scarf we did for them.

Keep up the great work Mockba!

I wish we had it for the last scarf! Hopefully you will be working with us again in the near future to design something with this as the centerpiece.

Archived