NFL Fauxbacks

oldschoolvikings

Generally good work. As someone who remembers the 1960s, I would say that the Jacksonville, Baltimore, and possibly the Houston helmet logos are a bit too elaborate for that era. I believe many of them were painted on by hand, using stencils, back then.

Jacksonville might have actually gotten away then with copying the car's leaping jaguar mascot (not far off your basic design), in a black sillhouette (Calgary and SMU copied Ford's Mustang logo back then, and are still using it). The Old English script wasn't really popular then, so Baltimore's B would likely have been simpler, either a collegiate block or sans serif style, with simple wings. The Baltimore uniforms look genuine, as they are similar to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (in blue) of that era. Houston's H is plausible, but it might also have been a broad sans serif style. Or, a classic Texas map outline with the flag inside. Nashville is plausible, overall, but the logo might well have been a simpler N or T (no circle), or perhaps a Titan's sword (with the hilt forming the cross of the T).

These are just my impressions, for what they're worth. Your fantasy is your fantasy.

Yeah, I agree with your assessments of the logos, overall. I said upfront that I don't think retro logo design is my strength...

Try this one... :D

olsuni32_zps77057358.png

Are you gonna do this in like eras? Like Ravens 1960s, 70s, 80s, early 90s, etc? That'd be cool as hell.

Are you gonna do this in like eras? Like Ravens 1960s, 70s, 80s, early 90s, etc? That'd be cool as hell.

Oh, damn. That's a hell of an idea...sounds fun.

Like I don't waste enough time doing this stuff already. :)

BTW what I love about your logos so much especially the Ravens logo is that in 60s the logos all seemed to have a different meaning. Like it would remind you of something else. I don't know if anyone else knows what I mean but your Ravens logo is kind of like that. To me it looks like a Raven skydiving at first.

Oh, damn. That's a hell of an idea...sounds fun.

Like I don't waste enough time doing this stuff already. :)

I remember a few years back when another poster had a contest to throwback newer teams to different eras. That being said I really like all of these.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

That Jags logo with the motion lines is fantastic. Very retro.

The Texans logo looks more 70s to me for some reason (maybe because it looks like a perfect fit for an actual WFL team)...but no complaints.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Texans logo looks more 70s to me for some reason (maybe because it looks like a perfect fit for an actual WFL team)...but no complaints.

I disagree. Look closer and you'll see its more like the Broncos when they switched colors or one of the Montreal inceptions. Not a bad thing, really....the WFL stuck to the NFL style of uni design really....except for the irrational experiment of position specific pants. Somebody was smoking significant amounts of crack when they came up with those.

I disagree. Look closer and you'll see its more like the Broncos when they switched colors or one of the Montreal inceptions. Not a bad thing, really....the WFL stuck to the NFL style of uni design really....except for the irrational experiment of position specific pants. Somebody was smoking significant amounts of crack when they came up with those.

Just to clarify, I was only talking about the logo, not the uniform.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived