Football What if: What if the Browns never relocated?

Beluga4

I had to scroll down to the comments to realize that wasn't very close to the actual Canadian national anthem.

and you're proud of this?

"Oh Canada" is one of the world's great anthems. Everyone should know it.

Just as long as I don't have to know the bilingual one (or the all-French one that I presume exists).

Canada's is probably objectively better, but it's undeniably cool that you can visit the actual "star-spangled banner".

For admiral:

Just by the anthems themselves (screw patriotism in this case), I consider O Canada to be a much better anthem than the Star Spangled Banner.

Oh definitely. I think that countries shouldn't be married to their anthems. Obama should commission someone (Beyonce and Jay-Z?) to make a new national anthem - or at least have a Star Spangled Banner remix.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

^^^^ Less chilling when you think about the Red Army wives back at home going to the grocery store to only find vinegar on the shelves*. The USSR was a mess with a bunch of nukes.

*Actually happened to a friend of mine who lived in Communist Poland.

Just by the anthems themselves (screw patriotism in this case), I consider O Canada to be a much better anthem than the Star Spangled Banner.

I agree entirely. But I still don't think O Canada is the best, only better than our crummy anthem.

I'm rather fond of the Marseillaise. And the Brits! If only we had a patriotic song with a melody as stirring as "God Save the Queen". :P

If the Browns did not more, Ray Lewis would be serving a life sentence for murder and the expansion Baltimore Ravens would have won the Super Bowl last season for the third time with future Hall of Fame QB Tim Couch.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Playing both anthems is awkward? Jeez.

One of my favorite Lightning games to attend was one against Toronto BECAUSE it meant two anthems instead of just one. I've always enjoyed displays of North American camaraderie.

Fonda Speeway, Fonda NY, and Albany-Saratoga Speedway, Malta NY, were playing both anthems in the late 60s and early 70s.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Archived