MLB: Project 30 (Complete) - San Francisco Giants update

SFGiants58

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Los Angeles Dodgers

No real change here. I just removed the redundant sleeve patch and switched the number font back to a bold block font (current numbers look too anemic). I also added two spring training alts (like the Yankees of this series), one being a fauxback to the satin powder blues, and the other being a fauxback to this 1931 road uniform.

11343273605_6e951b6f90_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343351666_99bc9caa11_b.jpg

Spring Training Alts

11343273805_f6af7e14f3_b.jpg

San Diego Padres

Basically a repost of a previous concept of mine. Brown and Gold is back, as well as the updated friar from the 90's. The script logo is from Matt Malinoski, and the cap logo is from the 1991-2003 caps. The uniforms themselves use the current uniforms piping (now with properly classic-looking logos to match it), have a block-with-serifs number font, and the 2004-2010 sand-base on the road uniform. The road uniform uses the insignia logo, as I could not find a "San Diego" script logo that worked well with the "Padres" script. The alternates are recolors of the home and road. I've also provided throwback/fauxback alts, one referencing the 30's-40's PCL Padres, and the other exhibiting some of the 70's craziness (with button-front jersey and belted pants for player comfort). No more camo alts and certainly no more differing color schemes at home and on the road.

11343351226_432b4d63e3_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343380494_75594a86da_b.jpg

Alternates

11343380614_91a7358ec8_b.jpg

Throwback/Fauxback Alternates

11343351386_27350978eb_b.jpg

Up next, the best team of them all, the San Francisco Giants!

Gonna try to be as unbiased as possible on the Dodgers concepts and say they look great! Though they already do in real life. My only issue is the light blue-on-gray spring training alt. I think the "LA" would look much better in the regular blue instead.

The Padres are awesome. The home scripts, the colors, the yellow jersey, and did I say the colors? It's just amazing.

Can't wait to see what you got for San Francisco!

I love that Phillies script you used. And the number font does go pretty well with it. And the two stars on the scipt could very well represent the Phillies' two championships.

Your Nats set is alright, though I would miss the curly "W." Love the "Nationals" script, though...

You do know that the curly W is the same one on the Walgreens script...washington-nationals-hat-totally-looks-l

San Diego Padres

Basically a repost of a previous concept of mine. Brown and Gold is back, as well as the updated friar from the 90's. The script logo is from Matt Malinoski, and the cap logo is from the 1991-2003 caps. The uniforms themselves use the current uniforms piping (now with properly classic-looking logos to match it), have a block-with-serifs number font, and the 2004-2010 sand-base on the road uniform. The road uniform uses the insignia logo, as I could not find a "San Diego" script logo that worked well with the "Padres" script. The alternates are recolors of the home and road. I've also provided throwback/fauxback alts, one referencing the 30's-40's PCL Padres, and the other exhibiting some of the 70's craziness (with button-front jersey and belted pants for player comfort). No more camo alts and certainly no more differing color schemes at home and on the road.

11343351226_432b4d63e3_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343380494_75594a86da_b.jpg

Alternates

11343380614_91a7358ec8_b.jpg

Throwback/Fauxback Alternates

Up next, the best team of them all, the San Francisco Giants!

Why... why does every one on these boards want the Pads to go back to sh** brown and piss yellow? They have such a clean look right now, why mess it up with ugly colors? Aside from the colors, I like the friar coming back as the primary and I also like the script.

NEWSGG copy.png

San Francisco Giants

Ah, the best team. The primary is an update of this classic logo, albeit with the colors of the script flipped and the addition of the Golden Gate Bridge from the 50th Anniversary Logo (since they've spent so long in SF, it only makes sense to incorporate the Bridge somehow). The roundel logo remains, albeit stripped of its gold drop shadow. The uniforms themselves have received few changes, as gold drop shadow has been removed on all logos, the roundel logo now becomes the sleeve patch on all uniforms, the road uniform reverts to it's 2010 state, and the tri-stripe socks are now the only socks. The orange alt now has a recolored version of the classic script to mimic the 70's-80's pullovers (which honestly didn't look too bad), and the black road alt is based on the current road alt, albeit with a piping scheme to properly match the rest of the set.

11343274785_e1fb70cdf6_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343273255_3cf92d101d_b.jpg

Alternates

11343380334_7ddf449913_b.jpg

...and there it is! I've finally completed my MLB! :D Thank you guys for all the C+C you provided!

In my opinion, I feel that the cursive Giants script is used a bit out of place. Especially the orange jersey. The orange alt the Giants have right now is just perfect with the script on the regular home jerseys. I like the concept of the black alt, but I would suggest removing the white outlines.

Thanks for the C+C. Now here's an update of the Logo Sheet (using a de-golded version of the current primary) and Alternates (orange now with the home script logo, and black without outlines)

12002278965_fe551a71bb_c.jpg

Alternates

12002278545_3c0291b05e_b.jpg

Thanks for taking the ride with me, guys! I hope to start another series sometime soon.

That updated black Giants jersey is fantastic. I'd buy that tomorrow if I could. And I'm not a Giants fan. Looks great with the all black hat.

For the Rockies, when using that shade of light blue to contrast, the darker purple ends up looking navy. I look at the batterman and I immediately think "Tampa Bay Rays".

I know many big changes weren't done with the Pirates, but that set looks great. The Pirates really need to bring back the home vest. Classic look.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• 5 months later...

Great Job. Best Redesign Ever

I know, right!

also, I saw this somewhere, if you rotate the dodgers wordmark from this--( which is a pop-up)

efvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx_zpsce1ce30b.gi

to this, which is an awesome line drive home run.

efvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthxcopycopy_zps05d

tinysig.jpg

Archived