MLB: Project 30 (Complete) - San Francisco Giants update

SFGiants58

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seattle Mariners

I think the Mariners' current look is a modern classic, but I have a couple complaints. I think the teal shade is too dark and gets lost when surrounded by navy blue, the teal billed hat isn't worn nearly enough, and the uniforms are a little lacking in color. So, I lightened the shade of the teal, added some more color into the piping, made the teal bill hat the standard hat on the home, road, and teal alt, and restored the standard piping to the navy alt. I also removed the navy alt's custom number font and front number, so that consistency across the uniforms was maintained. The sock striping is a recreation of the Pilot's socks, as a reference to their legacy.

11333497386_a4948dd892_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333423705_e16ccdd43b_b.jpg

Alternates

11333424345_fd81388433_b.jpg

Texas Rangers

This one was relatively simple. I restored the "Rangers" script to the home uniform and red alt, replaced the double outlining with single outlining, removed the "warty" NOB font, and placed the 80's and 90's script on the blue alt. I also stripped the drop shadow off of the cap logo, to maintain consistency among the logo set.

11333564543_fe1bee1775_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333497136_7f647e08bf_b.jpg

Alternates

11333497296_c550c64572_b.jpg

Now that the American League is done, the National League will follow, with the Atlanta Braves!

Seattle Mariners

I think the Mariners' current look is a modern classic, but I have a couple complaints. I think the teal shade is too dark and gets lost when surrounded by navy blue, the teal billed hat isn't worn nearly enough, and the uniforms are a little lacking in color. So, I lightened the shade of the teal, added some more color into the piping, made the teal bill hat the standard hat on the home, road, and teal alt, and restored the standard piping to the navy alt. I also removed the navy alt's custom number font and front number, so that consistency across the uniforms was maintained. The sock striping is a recreation of the Pilot's socks, as a reference to their legacy.

11333497386_a4948dd892_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333423705_e16ccdd43b_b.jpg

Alternates

11333424345_fd81388433_b.jpg

Texas Rangers

This one was relatively simple. I restored the "Rangers" script to the home uniform and red alt, replaced the double outlining with single outlining, removed the "warty" NOB font, and placed the 80's and 90's script on the blue alt. I also stripped the drop shadow off of the cap logo, to maintain consistency among the logo set.

11333564543_fe1bee1775_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333497136_7f647e08bf_b.jpg

Alternates

11333497296_c550c64572_b.jpg

Now that the American League is done, the National League will follow, with the Atlanta Braves!

Good job, especially with the Rangers.

I miss that logo...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Thanks for the C+C guys, I'm glad so many of you like my concepts so far!

NL East

Atlanta Braves

This concept basically merges the 1987 rebrand with the 1950's Milwaukee look. For starters, I switched the navy color back to midnight navy, restored front numbers and contrast-color tomahawks, restored the northwestern striped socks (in both stirrup and solid form), made the NOB arched again (now two-colored and sewn directly to the uniform, no ugly nameplates), and made the classic home cap the only cap. The alternates use contrast-colored front numbers and NOB's. The new navy alt is basically this batting practice jersey with the standard piping + number setup, and the useless throwback alt has bit the dust, with only a recolored version of it's patch surviving in the logo set.

11343397184_03122e369c_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343289355_64b56abeca_b.jpg

Alternates

11343436853_53fdd1c83f_b.jpg

Up next, Miami and New York!

SFGiants58 I love this serious and i'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series. I am also working on one of these myself and will be uploading soon. Good luck to you and keep up the good work.

Miami Marlins

When I did my original Marlins concept (alongside the regrettable "Black and Red" Braves and the "Royal, Yellow, and Teal trident-star" Mariners), I based it on the current logo set (albeit with recoloring and removing all of the shadowing/multi-color garbage). I realize now that I could never get the Marlins' current look anywhere near passable, so I decided to update the 1993-2011 look. I started out by switching the colors to the original Dolphins color scheme (with black and silver remaining as accent colors), recolored this "M" logo for the set (with orange and aqua bills), removed pinstripes on the home uniform, used the same front number-NOB contrast as the Braves, recolored a Tim O'Brien script logo for the road uniform, and placed Dolphins-style stripes on the socks (both stirrup and solid form) because of the color connection. The alternates are orange and aqua recolors of the home uniform.

11343367786_9c6361fe3a_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343396954_a5e32d0a2b_b.jpg

Alternates

11343436443_ffba0d4388_b.jpg

New York Mets

Well, this one was one of the simplest redesigns in the series. I added a Mr. Met logo as an alternate, replaced the cream color with white on the home uniform, put the 1987 "New York" script logo on the road jersey to better match the home uniform, replaced the orange squatchee with a blue one, and matched the color balance of the home and road alts, and removed the "snow white" alt (I always felt it was unnecessary).

11343436063_cc9985079e_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343289025_a216558f84_b.jpg

Alternates

11343367616_8328bbed2c_b.jpg

Up next, Philadelphia and Washington!

Braves one is pretty good, though I miss the white-on-blue scripts.

I really like the way you used teal and orange in your Marlins concept. If this were actually used, maybe a citywide color scheme (like Pittsburgh) for Miami could come in place (though the Heat might look weird).

As for the Mets concept, I like the New York script. Don't know why they don't use it.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

The Marlins home and road uniforms are perfection. Great job doing away with the pinstripes and replacing the black with orange.

I don't think the teal/orange script on the alternate tops works very well, however. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to change the script on the home and road alternates to white.

You made good changes with the M's, the Rangers, the Marlins, the Braves, and the Mets.

Small nitpicks here and there (the numbers on the front of the Braves jerseys look crowded), but this is becoming an excellent thread as a whole.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thanks for the C+C guys!

Philadelphia Phillies

This is basically combining the 1970-1991 logo set and colors with the template of the current uniforms. The primary logo replaces the diamond outline with an outline of Citizen's Bank Park's field (I'd like to have at least one logo reflect a team's stadium), I've added stars to the script logo (which are powder blue on the home and road, so that they imitate the current uniform), used the 2004-2011 San Diego Padres number font (as I felt it went well with the script logos), and replaced the "stitching-p" with the "simple-p" in both the script and on the cap. The alternates include a more accurate 1947 fauxback (scripts and logos recreated by Matt Malinoski), and a powder blue road alt.

11343435803_2c20227cce_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343367416_d5f0a74233_b.jpg

Alternates

11343396574_1f859d699d_b.jpg

Washington Nationals

The Nationals have a really good set, but they do need some tweaks. I switched out the navy blue for royal blue, replaced the curly "W" with the interlocking "DC" on the caps, put the "Nationals" script on the home uniform, replaced the slab-serif font with a basic block font, redid the alternates with the "Nationals" script logo, and removed the sleeve patch. I also put the red hat on the road uniform, with the blue hat (without a red bill) on the blue alt alone.

11899039893_cd7fcb29d2_c.jpg

Home and Road

11898756735_abac56c29a_b.jpg

Alternates

11899178684_7f2ed95dae_b.jpg

Up next, Chicago and Cincinnati!

I love that Phillies script you used. And the number font does go pretty well with it. And the two stars on the scipt could very well represent the Phillies' two championships.

Your Nats set is alright, though I would miss the curly "W." Love the "Nationals" script, though...

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Chicago Cubs

Ah, the North-Siders. I mostly just replaced the current bear logo in the set with a recolored version of this bear logo and brought back some older design elements. The tri-stripe socks return (in both stirrup and solid form), the NOB is removed from the home uniform, the road uniform now uses the 60's script logo, the blue alt now uses the older bear logo (with the National League patch removed), and a grey alt that says "CUBS" has been added to the set (as has been rumored for this upcoming season).

11333486726_0349f5c908_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333553913_9bd579eced_b.jpg

Alternates

11333554123_5002d157e9_b.jpg

Cincinnati Reds

Bye bye black! Apart from Mr. Red, I've removed all of the black from the set. I also limited the "Western" font to the "Cincinnati" script logo, as I didn't really like the block version of the script. The "Reds" script has also been removed from the set as well, to help reign in the muddled identity that the Reds now possess. The sock stripes are a modified version of the stripes on this set. I kept the red softball top (albeit without any black trim/drop shadow), and added a white vest based on the afformentioned set as an alternate (as the team spent many years with vests).

11333553353_087dc634f6_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333486336_dd82b9e763_b.jpg

Alternates

11333412665_911c221b08_b.jpg

Up next, Pittsburgh, Houston, and St. Louis!

Your Cubs concept does a pretty good job of making minor tweaks to a classic look. Though maybe the gray "CUBS" alt might look better if the front script was arched like the road jersey.

The Reds look is pretty simple. I like it. Though I do miss their distinctive number font...

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

Awesome work.

Some things I have to point out:

LOVE the New York script on the Mets. That looks absolutely fantastic.

That is exactly how the Reds should look. No black.

This is exactly what the Marlins should have done. So easy, yet so great. Hopefully one day (soon) they realize the atrocity they've created and go back to the set they won 2 World Series in.

sig.png

Archived