MLB: Project 30 (Complete) - San Francisco Giants update

SFGiants58

Houston Astros

While I like that they returned to navy & orange in 2013, I felt the set they wound up with was a little too bland. So, I restored full shooting star logo with a space-y font (specifically named "Space Frigate") and the 2000-2012 cap logo (I really liked that logo, and I wanted to re-purpose it rather than eliminate it), altered the number font to a less-flimsy slab-serif font (specifically that of the pre-Rev 30 Lakers), flipped that old cap logo upwards to look like both an "H" and "A", as well as a rocket taking off, and restored racing stripes (in a much more reserved fashion than in the old days) to the uniforms. The socks are based on the Colt .45's socks and I placed the secondary logo on the sleeves (with a much more inventive design than the current roundel that features the tequila sunrise).The orange cap is paired with both a color flip of the home uniform (a pet peeve of mine with the current set) and an orange softball top. The navy blue alts feature the full tequila sunrise on the racing stripes (like the BP jersey), one with an "Astros" script and the other with a "Houston" script.

11333506494_c4a3bbf2f9_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333485856_eff428d793_b.jpg

Orange Alternates

11333486086_a51196676c_b.jpg

Navy Blue Alternates

11333553313_eaef6d44cd_b.jpg

Pittsburgh Pirates

The Pirates have a great set, but they could use some tweaks. The primary logo is now a recolored version of this alternate, and the cap logo secondary now has an outline. The home and road are relatively unchanged, just with a gold squatchee on the cap, no sleeve patch, and the addition of the old tri-stripe socks. The yellow alternate is a piped version of this BP jersey, and the black alternate is now a recolored version of the home jersey, with outline-free yellow text and piping. Two throwback alts have been added, with a 1960 vest alt and the 1971 home uniform (now without NOB and the correct sock design).

11333552413_af47c79a28_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333506054_6ca4fef363_b.jpg

Alternates

11333411755_3d96d31c85_b.jpg

Throwback Alternates

11333552583_31b099a071_b.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St. Louis Cardinals

One of the best looking teams in baseball barely needed any changes. I restored the 1960's NOB font (I think it's a bit of distinctiveness that makes the uniform stand out a little more), brought back the navy cap (now with red bill like the 1940-55 cap) and belt on the road, and placed the "St. Louis" script on said road uniform. The fauxback alternate is modified greatly, with the proper piping, navy blue bat, no front number or NOB, and the new road cap. The bird-on-bat hat remains, but now has a matching batting helmet.

11333507604_d50aa54dcb_c.jpg

Home and Road

11333484706_678e6d7a4c_b.jpg

Alternates

11333485006_e3ee702214_b.jpg

Up next, Arizona and Colorado!

Your Astros concept is pretty amazing. Love the logos and it looks nice and futuristic. My only issue is that the number font doesn't seem too futuristic...

I am just in love with the Pirates' yellow alt jersey. I just love it. The rest are great too...

The Cardinals are great too, though I don't really see a difference in the number font you said is from the 60s and the one they currently use.

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

About the only thing I would change with this batch is to leave the racing stripes off of the navy Astros alternates and just use the tequila sunrise striping on the sleeves. Other than that, everything looks great!

QPR%20Sig.png

Everything that you've done here is fantastic. Great series. I really don't like the Pirates' logo however. Maybe put the script on the flag? Maybe make the bats and skull a bit more realistically on the waving flag, not just flat on there, but actually molded onto the flag. The unis are top notch though, Great work.

Rotating the Astros logo to depict an upward motion was genius, so kudos for that. I'm not sure about a couple of things in that concept, however: 1) your inclusion of the skyline. I don't feel like it is distinctive to warrant being placed in a logo. 2) as previously stated, the navy alternates would look better without the racing stripes. 3) Perhaps a navy hat for the orange alternate jersey. Just too much orange in my opinion.

I also agree that the pirate flag logo looks a little off. Adding a little curve to the skull and bats would be beneficial.

This is an excellent MLB redo - keep up the solid work

Thanks for the C+C guys, I really do appreciate it. So, I've updated the Pirates primary/tertiary by moving the "Pirates" script onto the flag, shrinking the "Jolly Roger" design, and slightly warping it to match the contours of the flag. The orange top alt for the Astros now has a blue cap, undershirt, and belt, and the Astros' navy blue alts have the tequila sunrise as sleeve stripes instead of racing stripes.

11956928246_b58f788a1d_c.jpg

11956099405_fd2ece1042_b.jpg

11956927666_d1f0360a03_b.jpg

NL West

Arizona Diamondbacks

The big difference here is the new color scheme, as proposed by Tim O'Brien. Green, Brown, and Sand are the new Diamondbacks colors, with sand serving as the home uniform's base color (like their inaugural set). Green is the dominant color on the home and green alt, while brown is dominant on the road and "Arizona" alternate. I modified the old purple and black alts' striping, and spread this pattern to the pants and the socks. The "D-Backs" script has bit the dust as well, replaced by the classic "A" logo on the home and green alt (with double placket piping taking the place of collar piping). The green alt has a recolored version of the current black alt hat, and the brown alt is a recolor of the road uniform.

11343274405_086bc9d9db_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343381934_ba8b0b27f4_b.jpg

Alternates

11343352646_f46e97955c_b.jpg

Colorado Rockies

It was easy deciding what to do with the Rockies. I eliminated black and silver from the color scheme, replacing both with a more emphasized purple and powder blue. I've also removed the pinstripes from the home uniform and the inner fills on the script logos (apart from the purple alt), removed the placket piping (as I feel it muddles up the scripts), added striped socks that reflect the new color scheme (in both stirrup and solid form), and provided a powder blue alt with a powder blue-billed hat for home.

11343381104_cc64ae9220_c.jpg

Home and Road

11343381334_63d8c7c108_b.jpg

Alternates

11343381564_ff785733c2_b.jpg

Up next, Los Angeles and San Diego!

Honestly, I feel that a brown and green color combo would be more suited to a Northwestern team, but that's just me. Maybe a red or orange would work instead. Apart from cacti, green wouldn't really scream "desert!" to me. But great work on the sets!

I like the addition of powder blue to the set, as I think it'll make it seem more "cold" or something referring to the Rockies. Problem is, I feel the purple just doesn't stand out the same way as it did with the black.

As you can see, it's just the colors that I don't necessarily agree with. Other than that, it's amazing!

PS: I see you saved the Giants for last. Haha...

BEHANCE | PORTFOLIO 

I personally like the green - in baseball, it is extremely underutilized and seeing as this is a team named after a snake that can have a greenish tinge to it, the color makes sense.

As for the uniforms, I like that striping everywhere but the socks. It looks kind of strange to me, almost like argyle.

Love the D-Backs. Earth-tones aren't being used at all in baseball, and since the Padres don't seem to want to use brown, Arizona would be a perfect fit.

Houston is awesome. Love that skyline logo. I think the shooting star is a much better logo for a team called the Astros. When I hear Astro, I think movement. Their logo now is a stationary star. Nice job man.

Not crazy about Colorado. I always thought black and purple was bad-ass. They just didn't use purple enough on the uniforms so they looked like White Sox clones. Silver was unnecessary though.

sig.png

I always felt brown and green could work for a baseball team, and Arizona is a nice fit. I love everything about these uniforms, including the arm stripes. However, the brown and green hat should be used with the brown jersey.

I am unsure about the Rockies uniforms. I see what your going for, but the colours don't mesh well. Either darken the purple, or lighten the blue.

Houston looks great. The font is a bit iffy, but the concept looks great, in fact it reminds of a concept I had for them. The only issue I have is the side stripes. I'm not a fan of them, and this would look quite good without them.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

Archived