Berlin Wall

Hey guys, maybe you remember me for my last two 2020 soccer series for the MLS and the Bundesliga. And I thought I could do just one more little project before I'll take myself a little brake and before the hard times of my studies begin! ^^

zj7478.jpg

My idea was the 'BeNeLiga', a fusion between the Dutch Erendivisie and the Belgian Pro League as this is one of my favorite soccer regions and I'm kind of an expert in Belgian soccer. The league would have 20 clubs overall and it would be a similar system as in the NBA. There would be two divisions of 10 teams, the Belgian and the Dutch division. The best four teams of each division qualify for the Playoffs. The least Dutch and Belgian team would get relegated.

So, as always I will post three kits for each clubs and for some I'll update the logo a bit. I hope you'll like this! :)

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, here is the first team finished!

nqas4.jpg

SC Heerenveen

Dutch Division

Population: 43.303
Founded: 1920
Dutch Titles: -

34y654l.jpg

Heerenveen has one of the strongest and loveliest identities in sports in my opinion. Their kits are based on the flag of Friesland, the province Heerenveen is located. That brings their iconic blue and white stripes with a heart pattern on it!

2hs0qar.jpgdh68b4.jpgsotkr4.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I'm partial to a bit of Dutch football so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with - hopefully PEC Zwolle will have made the cut!

Nice work on Heerenveen - as you say it's a unique and distinctive shirt and I think you've done it justice here.

Thanks thanks. Here's the next one!

foq54j.jpg

Cercle Brugge KS

Belgian Division

Population: 117,170
Founded: 1899

Belgian Titles: 1911, 1927, 1930

2ntv2h.jpg

Cercle is one of the two big clubs from Bruges. They traditionally wear green shirts with black shorts and socks!

2j3nqcy.jpg11v03dl.jpg2z8avq1.jpg

Nice work. But remember, the Frisian people do not consider these red forms on their flag to be hearts. They are so-called plompebleden (leafs of floating water plants often encountered in Frisian waters). Looking forward to your other creations, Cercle is really very good.

Thanks. I never knew that story. I always referred them as hearts.

The first big one!

24wcwsn.jpg

PSV Eindhoven

Dutch Division

Population: 218,456
Founded: 1913
Dutch Titles: 1929, 1935, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

29lh012.jpg

The PSV is one of the three big clubs from the Netherlands. They traditionally wear red and white stripes at home combined with black shorts.

28hmkjp.jpg25u07ev.jpg6gwjsy.jpg

Don't know a whole lot about either leagues other than the top teams of each that get some coverage over on Canadian Basic Cable lol, but I'm interested for sure after seeing the Bundesliga!

PS this is probably a stupid question, but why not throw in 1 Luxemburg team just for :censored:es? Or maybe there isnt any pro team there. :)

Don't know a whole lot about either leagues other than the top teams of each that get some coverage over on Canadian Basic Cable lol, but I'm interested for sure after seeing the Bundesliga!

PS this is probably a stupid question, but why not throw in 1 Luxemburg team just for :censored:es? Or maybe there isnt any pro team there. :)

Thanks! I actually thought about putting one club from Luxembourg into the league but well... The league there is too weak and the financial power wouldn't realistically allow them to be part of a BeNeLiga. Maybe with an investor that builds a new stadium and so on, but I don't believe that Luxembourg would be part of a fusion between both leagues.

The next one was interesting.

2eusxw7.jpg

SV Zulte Waregem

Belgian Division

Population: 36,751

Founded: 2001 (Fusion; Zultse VV: 1950; KSV Waregem: 1925)

Belgian Titles: -

8yi2v7.jpg

This club isn't very well known in Europa at all. Last season they finished second in Belgium and they played in the quali for the Champions League. This year they play again very well and are the number 4 in Belgium at the moment.

For Waregem I created a new logo.

ibg8s5.jpg

The jerseys of Zulte were dark red and green for the last years and I stayed with that look as it is unique and innovative ('Grensverleggend' means innovative).

2d779lc.jpg33xalhc.jpg1zggkgl.jpg

Logo is pretty clean, I'm scared to see what the old one would look like. Love the hooped socks and the yellow kit reminds me of Cameroon... which isnt a bad thing since they often have some of the nicest kits out there! Great Job

And its too bad Luxembourg would be the next AS Monaco haha :P I can dream!

Haha, thanks! :)

2a608ls.jpg

FC Groningen

Dutch Division

Population: 195,405
Founded: 1971
Dutch Titles: -

23tl7jl.jpg

Groningen is a very nice club. They played mostly in the Erendivisie for the last few decades. They traditionally wear white home kits with two green stripes on the shirts.

f277v4.jpg2dam2kg.jpg2vta3ag.jpg

Sorry for being a bit late to the party, but I really like all of them, I don't really have that same feel for uniforms here as before, as I really don't watch any European Soccer besides the major leagues (Barclays, Ligue 1, Liga BBVA, Serie A, and Bundesliga) I'm really not that familiar with Dutch Enverdise and the Belgian league.

I really like Heveerenn though, nice work including the adorable little hearts from the provincial flag.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Thanks. The next one is another more bigger one.

2dl0p01.jpg

Club Brugge KV

Belgian Division

Population: 117,170
Founded: 1891
Belgian Titles: 1920, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1996, 1998, 2003, 2005

10ron02.jpg

Club Brugge, often just called the FC Bruges is the second big club from the city. They are actually one of the big three of Belgium besides Anderlecht and Liège. They traditionally wear blue and black stripes at home!

hv776s.jpgejv50j.jpg2pq2kh5.jpg

I really love the Third kit. They all look great, reminds me of Inter Milan with AC Milan's sponsor haha, but I do like what you have done with all 3, very nice.

Also, I just noticed something. I'm not a fan of having 2 League Patches and since this is an international league, did you ever thing to put the Flag on one of the sleeves? Just a thought.

Yeah I thought about that. But well, maybe I was just a bit lazy to do so. ^^

For the next one I created again a new logo.

344f6sz.jpg

AZ Alkmaar

Dutch Division

Population: 94,531
Founded: 1967
Dutch Titles: 1981, 2009

fxc4sx.jpg

AZ was one of the most successful dutch clubs in the last few years. The new logo I created is leaned on the old logo of the club.

1zwcbd0.jpg

In the last years the Arsenal look has established for AZ, so I went with it.

14tbgon.jpg2v9sqc3.jpg21189vs.jpg

Back to Belgium!

ossxnm.jpg

Lierse SK

Belgian Division

Population: 34,276
Founded: 1906
Belgian Titles: 1932, 1942, 1960, 1997 (1940, 1941 unofficially)

2yv81ed.jpg

Lierse SK is the most traditional and successful club from the Antwerp Region. They mostly wear gold and black striped home shirts.

15hnck4.jpgor35hw.jpg2a76gc4.jpg

The AZ Alkmaar logo is perfection! and I love how both of these kits blend with the design of the logo. I have always loved when the logo and kit work together, making the design more exclusive to the team.

Archived