Vancouver "Johnny Canuck" Alt Away

sparkychewbarky

That is quite clever. I like it!

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I just thought that I'd try the Finnish plaid template out on the Canucks.

I added a plaid to the Johnny Canuck logo, to tie it in with the sweater.

van2.jpg

van.jpg

That is BEAUTIFUL. Not only should Johnny Canuck be the primary crest, I am loving the plaid arm striping. Very distinctive without going overboard. Great work Sparky.

The plaid looks fantastic on Vancouver. Not to much change, but just enough. I'm sorry, but I don't like johnny.

I just thought that I'd try the Finnish plaid template out on the Canucks.

I added a plaid to the Johnny Canuck logo, to tie it in with the sweater.

van2.jpg

van.jpg

That is BEAUTIFUL. Not only should Johnny Canuck be the primary crest, I am loving the plaid arm striping. Very distinctive without going overboard. Great work Sparky.

Thanks for the input guys.

I'd be interested in how Canucks fans rate their team's logos.

I'd put the "Stick-C" logo first, with "Johnny" second. (Don't like the orca)

Anyway, the plaid sweater was designed as an alt to be used with "Johnny", but would look O.K. with the "Stick-C".

van3.jpg

I'll be honest, I don't think this works without Johnny Canuck.

That's the whole point, right? That plaid you've made, which is so subtle that it works on a hockey sweater and is downright genius, ALSO perfectly replicates what's on the logo. Look at that plaid! Big blue boxes on green! It matches, it meshes together, you understand the entire point.

That's completely lost with a post-modern stick-in-rink. The two designs clash, and clash badly.

Many people hate Johnny Canuck. This design has meaning with him, they're plaid with him, they're cool with him, they're just stripes without him.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'll be honest, I don't think this works without Johnny Canuck.

That's the whole point, right? That plaid you've made, which is so subtle that it works on a hockey sweater and is downright genius, ALSO perfectly replicates what's on the logo. Look at that plaid! Big blue boxes on green! It matches, it meshes together, you understand the entire point.

That's completely lost with a post-modern stick-in-rink. The two designs clash, and clash badly.

Many people hate Johnny Canuck. This design has meaning with him, they're plaid with him, they're cool with him, they're just stripes without him.

Well said, and I think you're absolutely right, hockeyweek...

Leave it as it was designed to be...a "Johnny Canuck" alt for those who like the Johnny.

Thanks for the input!

Archived