Bowl Game End Zones

Yac12

I have to honestly admit that I was wrong, and it does happen. I thought a few times that the Holiday Bowl did end zones in school colors, but they've always been either San Diego Charger colors or red in place of the yellow. I'm wrong! *lol*

Um I thought they painted them in school colors last night?? Granted the teams made it easy but still.

They generally do paint it in the school colors just like they do during the Aztecs season. It's not the most creative way to do it, but it makes the transitions easier between the 2 bowl games and the Chargers.

TeCUUSU.jpg

Rutgers and Notre Dame for the Pinstripe Bowl - School wordmark in school colors with small Pinstripe Bowl logo.They also have conference (or in ND's case, a secondary school mark) at the 25.

Yankees NY logo stays behind home plate, although is moved slightly to be in line with the goalposts.

This is how it's been done for all four Pinstripe Bowls, but when Notre Dame played a regular season game there in 2010, they used the generic end zones that ND uses at home:

aptopix-army-notre-dame-football-2010-11

And for the 2011 Army-Rutgers regular season game (Army home game) they used an "Army" word mark, rather than the "West Point" word mark the Black Knights use at home:

Yankee_Stadium_Football.jpg

Anubis.png

I hate it. Its too hard to tell the difference of what is end zone and what is out of bounds. It should really be a contrasting color. A four inch wide white line separating them doesn't cut it.

The Rose Bowl stopped painting the whole endzone quite a few years ago. It may have started when the Rose Bowl became a BCS bowl. There is now a 1-2 yard border. I hate that they started doing this. It looked better when they painted the whole endzone.

Also, I hate what they've done to the logo on the 50 yard line. It used to be a huge rose. Now it's a a square or rectangle with a small rose and sponsor logo. I'm not against sponsorships, but there has to be a way to do it without ruining the Rose Bowl logo.

I hate it. Its too hard to tell the difference of what is end zone and what is out of bounds. It should really be a contrasting color. A four inch wide white line separating them doesn't cut it.

The Rose Bowl stopped painting the whole endzone quite a few years ago. It may have started when the Rose Bowl became a BCS bowl. There is now a 1-2 yard border. I hate that they started doing this. It looked better when they painted the whole endzone.

Also, I hate what they've done to the logo on the 50 yard line. It used to be a huge rose. Now it's a a square or rectangle with a small rose and sponsor logo. I'm not against sponsorships, but there has to be a way to do it without ruining the Rose Bowl logo.

Well, as far as the Rose Bowl 50 yard line goes, they are currently displaying the 100th Anniversary logo for the game. It has varied over the years. Go back and watch old Rose Bowl games from the early 90's etc, and there's a huge white block surrounding the rose. A few years it would have the block white and colored corners.

Well, as far as the Rose Bowl 50 yard line goes, they are currently displaying the 100th Anniversary logo for the game. It has varied over the years. Go back and watch old Rose Bowl games from the early 90's etc, and there's a huge white block surrounding the rose. A few years it would have the block white and colored corners.

This is from the Wisconsin-Oregon game few years ago, still a big rose.

rose-bowl-122911jpg-f922c0bda30bd50e.jpg

Archived