All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

Here is a rendering from tonight's University of Minnesota hockey game...it's gonna be cold.

which reminds me, a bit off-topic, that Minneapolis is also home this weekend to the US pond hockey championships:

Wisconsin hockey has been played at Lambeau and, as shown below, Camp Randall

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out this link, which has some hockey played on football fields, but also things like squash at Boston Symphony Hall

http://www.totalprosports.com/2013/10/11/weird-sports-venues/

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Davis Cup tennis is going to be played at Petco Park in San Diego.

Strange seating configuration...the only part of the venue that isn't temp seating is the smallest grandstand in the place... they might as well have just used an entirely temporary venue. I wonder why they didn't orient the court toward the home plate area instead?

Ricoh Coliseum underwater for the Toronto Boat Show.

1559760_10152008829575777_700034388_n.jp

TBS-%2BIndoor%2BLake%2B1.jpg

2008-01-18-wakeboarding-0033S.jpg

toronto_wat.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Davis Cup tennis is going to be played at Petco Park in San Diego.

Strange seating configuration...the only part of the venue that isn't temp seating is the smallest grandstand in the place... they might as well have just used an entirely temporary venue. I wonder why they didn't orient the court toward the home plate area instead?

I've gotta assume it's to use the scoreboard in left.

They also get to use the warehouse and its suites.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Shibe Park used by the Eagles from 1940's to 1957. (I got these pics from this site)

Shibe%2BPark%2B1940-57.gif

It also goes without saying that Memorial Stadium in Baltimore was one of the most famous stadia in the US that was used for both baseball and american football.

Memorial+Stadium+1953-83+.gif

Baltimore+Memorial+Stad.+1980.gif

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Vikings at Ford Field

20101213_013713_fordFieldVikings.jpg

Hornets playing at the former Ford Center, and future home of the Thunder

oklahomacity.fordcenter8.jpg

Are these all-purpose? I don't think changing the Lions field is as substantial of a change as it appears..it's still football in a football stadium.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived